[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, I was on mobile.

There are two issues which would need to be addressed:

1. Rearranging the toolbar to your liking
  2. Keeping the toolbar rearranged

All this without having too much of an impact on the game.

It's not a big deal really, I was just slightly salty about a wrecked plane and dead kerbal when i posted earlier, I was trying to fly, scroll through the toolbar for my waypoint manager, to mark a location i wanted to return too, and smacked into the side of a mountain, and thought man it would be nice if i could just stick that at the top so i always know where it's at, and then thought i'd come and ask, because maybe it was possible and i just hadn't seen how or read how to do it. I'm not too worried about it if it's not currently something that's possible.

28 minutes ago, vardicd said:

It's not a big deal really, I was just slightly salty about a wrecked plane and dead kerbal when i posted earlier, I was trying to fly, scroll through the toolbar for my waypoint manager, to mark a location i wanted to return too, and smacked into the side of a mountain, and thought man it would be nice if i could just stick that at the top so i always know where it's at, and then thought i'd come and ask, because maybe it was possible and i just hadn't seen how or read how to do it. I'm not too worried about it if it's not currently something that's possible.

It's probably better to use Blizzy toolbar, if you have more mods and must scroll in the stock toolbar. It has smaller icons and you can move and resize it.

Just now, maja said:

It's probably better to use Blizzy toolbar, if you have more mods and must scroll in the stock toolbar. It has smaller icons and you can move and resize it.

Yeah I've used blizzy's in the past, but here recently I've moved to just using the stock toolbar, and didn't want to go back to using that one if there was an easy way of getting the stock toolbar to do what i wanted, but since not, I'll probably pick it back up and keep a couple of frequently used mods keyed to it.

Hi!

While Toolbar Controller and Click-Through Blocker are compatible with KSP 1.9, CKAN doesn’t show them until KSP 1.8 compatibility is set.

Some other mods dependent on them are visible in CKAN but cannot be instilled. E.g. Docking Cam KURS:

aTGciHx.png

My own mod Critical Temperature Gauge also depends on TC and CTB, so I cannot make it installable through CKAN for those who didn’t modify their CKAN compatibility settings.

Edited by Teilnehmer

7 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

Hi!

While Toolbar Controller and Click-Through Blocker are compatible with KSP 1.9, CKAN doesn’t show them until KSP 1.8 compatibility is set.

Some other mods dependent on them are visible in CKAN but cannot be instilled. E.g. Docking Cam KURS:

aTGciHx.png

My own mod Critical Temperature Gauge also depends on TC and CTB, so I cannot make it installable through CKAN for those who didn’t modify their CKAN compatibility settings.

It appears to be a Ckan bug, because the .version files are correct.  Ive already opened an issue about this

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Not a Spy said:

so ive been having a issue with kopernicus, and they recommended i come here, they said mods are looking for toolbar controller and not finding it, but i find that odd as i have it installed, here is my log by the way

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LbAXj77DQhtbNM9iDOqe4VUQfAorys6u?usp=sharing

Upload your KSP.log and I'll take a look.

From what I see in that log, it's not ToolbarController.

Your PartLoader starts throwing NRE in the middle of SXT.

Upload your <KSP\Logs\MMPatch.log too.

You've got two files compaining.

[ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoveRealNamesExtraFields.cfg
[ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/UtilityWeight/Patches/Size_TweakScale.cfg

Edited by TranceaddicT

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Linux, Sorry to be a pain.

I'm having an issue where icon's are duplicating on the stock toolbar. I thought it was an issue with Brizzy's toolbar so I removed it and I'm still having the issues. In this screenshot it happened with Persistant Rotation and Servo Controller(I couldn't use the icon to open PR and had to reinstall it):

1gUMH4E.png

Usually it's just Servo Controller that keeps slowly multiplying. I'm not sure which mod is responsible for servo controller(I'm thinking Kerbal Actuator's from @Angel-125, but I'm not sure.)

Here is the log from this instance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaecnqthmwo52uq/output_log.txt?dl=0

I swear I spend more time trying to resolve mod conflicts, than I do actually playing lol.

Edited by Spike88

5 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Hey Linux, Sorry to be a pain.

I'm having an issue where icon's are duplicating on the stock toolbar. I thought it was an issue with Brizzy's toolbar so I removed it and I'm still having the issues. In this screenshot it happened with Persistant Rotation and Servo Controller(I couldn't use the icon to open PR and had to reinstall it):

1gUMH4E.png

Usually it's just Servo Controller that keeps slowly multiplying. I'm not sure which mod is responsible for servo controller(I'm thinking Kerbal Actuator's from @Angel-125, but I'm not sure.)

Here is the log from this instance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaecnqthmwo52uq/output_log.txt?dl=0

I swear I spend more time trying to resolve mod conflicts, than I do actually playing lol.

Are you playing a 1.7.3 version?  That's what the output.log says.  If you are 1.8 or higher, you need to send me the Player.log

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you playing a 1.7.3 version?  That's what the output.log says.  If you are 1.8 or higher, you need to send me the Player.log

I’m playing 1.10.1, I’ll get you the player.log when I get out of work tonight. Thank you.

@linuxgurugamer Here is the updated one. I just noted the date on the one I uploaded, didn't realize it was from the last time I was playing KSP:/.

This one should coincide with the picture I sent:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ca3zjje3sqckti/Player-prev.log?dl=0

And here is the next time I launched KSP where I noticed the "servo controller" started to duplicate:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhig6fey8rxogjl/Player.log?dl=0

Edit 2: So after looking around, it appears whenever a module has a Nullref error it duplicates it's icon on the bar, and also creates a bar on the main screen of KSP. The module in question that was causing the servo controller icon to duplicate was Konstruction by @RoverDude. Once I removed it from my game, I no longer have that icon duplicating. 

To further this hypothesis, Waypoint Manager also has Nullref issues, which is causing it to show up on my main screen, although I have yet to notice the icon duplicating on the toolbar.

Edited by Spike88
Added logs - Expanded Information

• 1 month later...

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.27690 (10/7/16)
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.3
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! v5.26

The only detail I would mention is that, if played in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), the UI for this mod is too tiny to see comfortably. It would be great if it could be scaled (maybe just the same as the UI Scale option from stock settings?). At any rate, thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flart said:

@linuxgurugamer, how it would be difficult to add stock buttons to toolbar controller? (kspedia, FundsScienceRep etc.)

Some of them could be hided for space for mod's buttons.

That would open Pandora’s box.  Stock doesn’t know about the mod, have no idea what would happen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, not sure if it has already been highlighted but I get a "Not compatible" warning when I try to to use CKAN to install Waypoint Manager. The warning says "Waypoint Manager 2.8.2.6 depends on Toolbar Controller which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP" My version is now 1.11.1 The Toolbar Controller version says it's only compatible up to version 1.10 so is there a new version available that I'm not aware of somewhere?

Cheers.......MadJock

14 hours ago, MadJock said:

Hi guys, not sure if it has already been highlighted but I get a "Not compatible" warning when I try to to use CKAN to install Waypoint Manager. The warning says "Waypoint Manager 2.8.2.6 depends on Toolbar Controller which is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP" My version is now 1.11.1 The Toolbar Controller version says it's only compatible up to version 1.10 so is there a new version available that I'm not aware of somewhere?

Cheers.......MadJock

I'll update the spacedock entry for it

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2018 at 12:48 PM, Warezcrawler said:

Yes. To version 0.1.6.7. And I do not have the issue with 0.1.6.6 (I wrote wrong in my original post, not with but without....).

Edit: Sorry, got confused... The answer is no. Did not realise I have to update CTB when updating this mod.

Will that always be true?

Just did a test after updating CTB..... Works now.... Thanks

Not usually 

• 4 weeks later...

I installed persistant rotation and after fidleling with the toolbar controller, duplicated toolbar icons started to apear. So, I read somewhere that a fresh install, using CKAN for everything solved some problems, and since I had a mix of manual and ckan mods installed, I did it. 

The duplication dissapeared but I just realized an issue in the VAB.  When I try to move the KER windows while on top of the right-click menu of a command pod, it moves both, not the one on top. Am I missunderstanding the pruporse of this mod? Because I trought it was supose to prevent clicking what was underneat the windows you tried to use. 

Also, sometimes I cant create a maneuver node (nor warp)  and I have to go back to the KSC and then back again to the vessel for it to be fixed. Anyone else having that issue? 

Im using KSP 1.11.2 with everything installed through CKAN 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.