[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

You have mods in there I've never heard of.  I went through the log file, and all indications are that it's working properly.

So, there must be another mod which is removing the button from the toolbar.

If you wish, zip up the entire GameData directory and send me a link in a PM.  I'll see what I can do with this.  I know it's big, but I dont' see anything wrong. 

Otherwise, you need to do one of the following:

• Create a new install, add in the ToolbarController, Blizzy toolbar, Clickthrough blocker, and test.  Assume it works, then start copying over 20-30 mods at a time, and test after each copy.

or

• Copy the whole thing into a test folder
  • Delete half the mods and test.  If it works, then add back half of what you deleted and test again.  If it still doesn't work, then delete half of what's remaining and test again.  

Either one of these methods will help you isolate the misbehaving mod.

Still hunting. I thought to make both our lives easier. I made a brand new installation. I found that toolbarcontroller was looking for clickthroughblocker. I added that. Now there are 2 mods only. Still no wrench. Here is the log file. I included a tree so that you can double check what is installed.

In a nutshell. Vanilla KSP 1.4.5. Only mods are ToolBarController and ClickThroughBlocker.

I assumed I would see a yellow wrench in the squad toolbar. None present.

Here are the files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8z1tkqshj7gd3e/saves for ToolbarController.7.rar?dl=0

edit.

looks like were crossed posts. Good to know we are in the same ball park with how to proceed.

Edited by Apaseall

Ok I give up. I added Blizzy and even that did not show up. You know the little box thing with a funny pattern you get when there is a toolbar but no mods have been selected for it to display yet.

So I zipped it all up. The entire folder. All of the TEST KSP. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2462osay9q0ckx/saves for ToolbarController.8.KSP 1.4.5.2243 T E S T.rar?dl=0

edit.

please let me know if you are not going to download the file in this post, or when you have. This is because I need to remove the file from my dropbox due to its size. Thanks.

Edited by Apaseall

11 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Ok I give up. I added Blizzy and even that did not show up. You know the little box thing with a funny pattern you get when there is a toolbar but no mods have been selected for it to display yet.

So I zipped it all up. The entire folder. All of the TEST KSP. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2462osay9q0ckx/saves for ToolbarController.8.KSP 1.4.5.2243 T E S T.rar?dl=0

edit.

please let me know if you are not going to download the file in this post, or when you have. This is because I need to remove the file from my dropbox due to its size. Thanks.

Downloading now

11 hours ago, Apaseall said:

edit.

Download is complete, you can now delete the file

I found the problem.  It is a subtle timing problem which doesn't happen all the time, which is what was confusing.

I'll have an update out sometime soon

New release, 0.1.6.14

• Fixed timing issue on toolbar registration
  • Added log warning in case RegisterToolbar is called too late

Thanks to @Apaseall  for trying all my suggestions and providing the file that I requested.

Sorry it took a while to go through the steps to trouble shoot this. Thank you for your patience with me. I was fortunate that this issue did not make KSP unplayable. This helped hugely with my patience :)

File now deleted. Again sorry for the size of it, but I had given up at that point as the issue was so confusing.

I have downloaded the update, many many thanks for pushing one out so quickly. I will boot KSP in a few mins and edit this post with the results.

Good news - I see a yellow wrench in TEST, which is the zip I linked before. I don't think I saw the popup at the start, pretty sure. But I can click on the wrench and up pops a list. Only one thing on the list - blizzy. Which is expected as that is the only other mod.

Bad news - No sign of blizzy. Which is odd.

Edited by Apaseall

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Bad news - No sign of blizzy. Which is odd.

Delete the file:  GameData/toobar-settings.dat

File now deleted. Again sorry for the size of it, but I had given up at that point as the issue was so confusing.

I asked for it, so no reason to apologize.  I've gotten bigger ones also, I don't ask for that unless I'm stumped.

Aha! I deleted the file you mentioned. Nothing. BUT THEN! I used the yellow wrench, set Toolbar Controller to display on both squad and blizzy. TADA! Blizzy appeared. Phew. Now to do this to my main game... :) Thank you once again.

The blizzy toolbar doesnt show at all if there arent any buttons which have refistered themselves with it.  So, if all your mods use the ToolbarController, and none are set to show on Blizzy, thenthere is nomreason for Blizzy to show itself.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The blizzy toolbar doesnt show at all if there arent any buttons which have refistered themselves with it.  So, if all your mods use the ToolbarController, and none are set to show on Blizzy, thenthere is nomreason for Blizzy to show itself.

Ok that makes sense. Nothing to show, show not even itself. Fair enough I guess.

edit.

Good news. The science alerter seems to be working again. It was not before this. It was a lower priority so I did not mention it before.

Edited by Apaseall

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, why not just include an empty file in the download?

Hide contents

File 'C:/KSP/KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/001_ToolbarControl/PluginData/Debug.cfg' does not exist

Because when you update by merging directories, you'd lose your existing settings when they were overwritten with the new file. It's a fairly common industry standard to have settings files and the like created on run, and it doesn't cause any problems for the mods to check for a file and then create it if it doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, JH4C said:

Because when you update by merging directories, you'd lose your existing settings when they were overwritten with the new file. It's a fairly common industry standard to have settings files and the like created on run, and it doesn't cause any problems for the mods to check for a file and then create it if it doesn't exist.

Aha. But of course the Debug.cfg does not exist. I bet it gets created after changing some setting in game. Thanks for posting.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Philaphlous said:

Anyone know why I'm getting spammed in my console? 

31325589048_7cff7005ec_b.jpg

It's all there in the message "File not found ... ClickThroughBlocker". So download the propper version of CTB, because it's hard dependency of the Toolbar, and try again :)

Edited by maja

About that timing issue ...

[ERR 18:24:33.504] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: KRASH_NS, KRASH, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.548] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: KerbalGPS_NS, KerbalGPS, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.548] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: KerbalLaunchFailure_NS, Kerbal Launch Failure, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.549] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: KronalVesselViewer_NS, Kronal Vessel Viewer, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.549] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: LaunchNumbering_NS, Launch Numbering Templates, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.555] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: Countdown_NS, NASA CountDown Clock, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.556] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: PartAngleDisplay_NS, Part Angle Display, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.557] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: PartCommander_NS, Part Commander, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.557] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: PartWizard_NS, Part Wizard, button may not be registered properly

[ERR 18:24:33.558] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: Patchmanger_NS, Patch Manager, button may not be registered properly

Can't say that I agree with making TC a dependency of.

8 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

About that timing issue ...

The word WARNING is there for a reason.  It really depends on the mod and what it's doing.  For all of those mods, it's fine.

8 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Can't say that I agree with making TC a dependency of.

You can agree or disagree, that is your right and opinion.

I'm the one who is supporting more than 163 mods.  Even if no one else uses it (and others are), it was my decision to use TC to make my job easier.  You may not realize it, but every time I adopt a mod and convert it to TC, the number of lines of code usually drops, and in a few cases, rather drastically (ie:  at least one mod lost more than 1000 lines of code).  Just like the original Toolbar made it easier for a mod to have a button (remember, it was made before stock had a toolbar), TC makes it easy to have a button in either or both toolbars.

You are free to take any mod, strip out TC and put back in whatever code you want to support whichever toolbar you want to use.  Try it, and you may realize my point of view

Please don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for you.

My issue with it being a dependency is not to take issue with the simplification to code maintenance it provides. MY issue (and, yes, it is a wholly-owned issue) is that when this happens ...

[EXC 23:15:45.235] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[PM] ()
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 23:15:45.454] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter OSPParamsBasic!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[OSPParamsBasic] ()
	OrbitalSurveyPlus.OSPGlobal.get_ExtendedSurvey ()
	OrbitalSurveyPlus.OSPScenario.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 23:15:45.761] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[TC] ()
	ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.OnGUI ()
[EXC 23:15:45.980] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter BTWCustomParams!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[BTWCustomParams] ()
	BetterTimeWarp.BetterTimeWarp.OnGUI ()
[EXC 23:15:45.990] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[LOG 23:15:45.993] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.6.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.6.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[EXC 23:15:46.209] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
	PatchManager.PatchManagerClass.OnGUI ()
[EXC 23:15:46.210] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:15:46.428] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[StateFundingSettings] ()
	StateFunding.ViewManager.OnGUI ()

[EXC 23:17:32.172] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.172] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PreferencesStorm!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[PreferencesStorm] ()
	KERBALISM.PreferencesStorm.get_Instance ()
	KERBALISM.Storm.Update (.CelestialBody body, Double elapsed_s)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 23:17:32.173] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
	StateFunding.OnSpaceCentre.Update ()
[EXC 23:17:32.173] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter OSPParamsBasic!
	OrbitalSurveyPlus.OSPScenario.Update ()
[EXC 23:17:32.175] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.176] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter OSPParamsBasic!
[EXC 23:17:32.185] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.186] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.186] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter BTWCustomParams!
[EXC 23:17:32.186] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.186] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
[EXC 23:17:32.187] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.187] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
[EXC 23:17:32.187] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.187] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter BTWCustomParams!
[EXC 23:17:32.188] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.189] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PreferencesStorm!
	GameParameters.CustomParams[PreferencesStorm] ()
	KERBALISM.PreferencesStorm.get_Instance ()
	KERBALISM.Storm.Update (.CelestialBody body, Double elapsed_s)
	KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 23:17:32.189] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
	StateFunding.OnSpaceCentre.Update ()
[EXC 23:17:32.189] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter OSPParamsBasic!
	OrbitalSurveyPlus.OSPScenario.Update ()
[EXC 23:17:32.191] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.192] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter OSPParamsBasic!
[EXC 23:17:32.202] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.203] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter BTWCustomParams!
[EXC 23:17:32.203] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.203] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.203] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
[EXC 23:17:32.204] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[EXC 23:17:32.204] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter StateFundingSettings!
[EXC 23:17:32.204] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter PM!
[EXC 23:17:32.205] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter BTWCustomParams!
[EXC 23:17:32.205] ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter TC!
[LOG 23:17:32.316] ScaleModList: listSize 1066 maxListSize 1432
[LOG 23:17:32.320] ScaleModList: listSize 1066 maxListSize 1432
[LOG 23:17:32.320] [DeadlyReentry.DRToolBar] OnDestroy() called - destroying button
[LOG 23:17:32.321] ScaleModList: listSize 1066 maxListSize 1432
[EXC 23:17:32.321] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/KSP_1.4.5/GameData/notes/Plugins/PluginData/notes/notes.txt".
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
	System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
	System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding)
	System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents, System.Text.Encoding encoding)
	System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents)
	notes.Notes.Save ()
	notes.Notes.OnDestroy ()

I'm forced to choose between dealing with the lag caused by 50K entries/m of logspam or removing a group of beloved mods because one of them isn't playing nice (Or just removing TC and having them unavailable.)

And I'm not putting this on you either linuxgurugamer.  They've been abandon and you've gathered them up like lost puppies. (P.S. I hope you've only commented out the original code.  By the Gods, I have no idea what we'll do when you burn out.)

I've leaned on you (and learned from you) in the past to help resolve problems, I'll do it in the future, AND I'm gonna do it right now.

I've read through this post and say a similar issue dealt with.  I've tried those, nothing.

I'm still sifting through the installed mods to root out the problem.  I don't expect anyone to help because I'm 240+ mods.

P.S.  I'm venting.  I know this has NOTHING to do with TC because my KSP_test install has no problems.

Edited by TranceaddicT

On 10/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, TranceaddicT said:

And I'm not putting this on you either linuxgurugamer.  They've been abandon and you've gathered them up like lost puppies. (P.S. I hope you've only commented out the original code.  By the Gods, I have no idea what we'll do when you burn out.)

Sorry, in most cases I delete the old code, once the new code is working

But, even if you discount the TC errors, you still have a very large number of OTHER mods which are having problems.  So your issue is definitely something else.

Post a log file, and maybe someone (myself or others) can look at it and maybe identify the issue.  Also, make sure you have all the mods updated.

My response earlier may be come out a bit harsh, it wasn't meant that way.

1 hour ago, TranceaddicT said:

Does KSP create these as ERR even though they are just warnings from you?

[ERR 15:37:41.163] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: AGM_NS, Action Group Manager, button may not be registered properly

No idea, but its only a log message which can be ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have no clue why, but when I have this mod installed and I place down multiple command pods in the VAB (form any mod), my game lags like crazy. I'm not sure why the happens and it only seems to happen in the VAB. I do have a lot of mods running, but even when trimming it down to less then 50 this still happens. 

Log: https://ptb.discordapp.com/channels/408786446535884815/408786446535884818/506911935707611157

I can provide more info if you need, but I have no clue why this would effect VAB performance so much. Also, for the time being, is it possible to use your other mods without this one, I know its a dependency, but its really hard to build anything with sub 10 fps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.