[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer Hello, I was looking through my log for a reason unrelated to this mod and happened to find this, [ERR 16:58:17.459] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: FMRS_NS, Flight Manager for Reusable Stages, button may not be registered properly. Im using version 1.4.5 of ksp.

Edited by TachyonGMZ

On 1/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, TachyonGMZ said:

@linuxgurugamer Hello, I was looking through my log for a reason unrelated to this mod and happened to find this, [ERR 16:58:17.459] ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: FMRS_NS, Flight Manager for Reusable Stages, button may not be registered properly. Im using version 1.4.5 of ksp.

It's a warning, you can ignore it

• 3 weeks later...

How would I go about fixing this?

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Mono/MonoScriptCache.cpp Line: 192)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1941 w=10 h=10 mips=4 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]
ToolbarControl: WARNING: RegisterMod, LoadedScene: MAINMENU, called too late for: RCSBuildAid_NS, RCS Build Aid, button may not be registered properly

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

I know you mentioned this above but I'd rather fix it if possible.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, _Zee said:

I know you mentioned this above but I'd rather fix it if possible.

It isn't a problem, just a leftover debugging message.  Just ignore it, it is harmless.  It's there in case someone is writing a mod and doesn't initialize it properly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, quick question: is there a way to hide the Toolbar Controller icon (yellow wrench)?  I don't have a need for the Blizzy toolbar, so I'll always just use the stock toolbar, so I don't need the yellow wrench taking up space, but the "None" option of "Stock, Blizzy, Both, None" is greyed out next to "Toolbar Controller" in the in-game UI.

This mod seems to be broken as a dependency on CKAN. Any mod that uses it (StageRecovery in this case) returns a missing dependency and does not work. The version of the mod on CKAN is identified in the logs as "ToolbarControl" instead of "ToolbarController", which is the name the other mods are searching for. However, downloading and installing manually works. The manually installed version also appears to be larger, and has an additional folder called PluginData.

Logs:

[LOG 15:50:34.402] Load(Assembly): 001_ToolbarControl/Plugins/ToolbarControl
[LOG 15:50:34.402] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\KSP Modded\GameData\001_ToolbarControl\Plugins\ToolbarControl.dll

The mod is loaded, but other mods produce errors like this:

[WRN 15:50:34.478] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'StageRecovery' has not met dependency 'ToolbarController' V1.0.0
[WRN 15:50:34.478] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'StageRecovery' is missing 1 dependencies

Edited by Elektron72
Added logs and clarification

2 hours ago, Elektron72 said:

This mod seems to be broken as a dependency on CKAN. Any mod that uses it (StageRecovery in this case) returns a missing dependency and does not work. The version of the mod on CKAN is identified in the logs as "ToolbarControl" instead of "ToolbarController", which is the name the other mods are searching for.

I'm not seeing that in my CKAN which I just updated.  StageRecovery is showing "ToolbarController" as a dependency and "Toolbar" (ie. blizzy78's toolbar) as a suggestion.

I looked into the CKAN metadata for .ckan's and .netkan's:

KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta: Metadata files for the CKAN

NetKAN/NetKAN at master · KSP-CKAN/NetKAN

and they only show files for "ToolbarController" and "Toolbar".

There's something different going on in your install.

On 2/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, Identifier said:

Hi, quick question: is there a way to hide the Toolbar Controller icon (yellow wrench)?  I don't have a need for the Blizzy toolbar, so I'll always just use the stock toolbar, so I don't need the yellow wrench taking up space, but the "None" option of "Stock, Blizzy, Both, None" is greyed out next to "Toolbar Controller" in the in-game UI.

No, it's hardcoded to always be there.

Thinking about it, I'll see if I can hide it if Blizzy isn't installed, but there are issues with doing that, so I don't know if I will do it.

11 hours ago, Elektron72 said:

The manually installed version also appears to be larger, and has an additional folder called PluginData. 

They are the same size for me (103.763 bytes).

On which game version do you play and did you setup CKAN to be compatible with other game versions then the one you have installed?

Please upload a full log, the snippets don't provide enough informations.

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

They are the same size for me (103.763 bytes).

On which game version do you play and did you setup CKAN to be compatible with other game versions then the one you have installed?

Please upload a full log, the snippets don't provide enough informations.

I am using KSP 1.6.1 with Making History. CKAN is not set up for additional compatibility. The installed version of ToolbarController is 0.1.4.7, the latest version according to CKAN, although there is a notification of a newer version that CKAN doesn't have.

Full Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MPxKH3kggyRgaXJrYEprJNjmTB1iO0x8/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Elektron72 said:

I am using KSP 1.6.1 with Making History. CKAN is not set up for additional compatibility. The installed version of ToolbarController is 0.1.4.7, the latest version according to CKAN, although there is a notification of a newer version that CKAN doesn't have.

Full Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MPxKH3kggyRgaXJrYEprJNjmTB1iO0x8/view?usp=sharing

Oh, I see what's going on there and it's actually quiet surprising that no one else came across this one before :o

The version file of the latest version of ToolbarController is set to be compatible with 1.5.1 - 1.6.0 but ToolbarController 0.1.4.7 is set to be compatible with any KSP version so CKAN will install this one, instead of the latest release.

The easiest way to fix that is to set KSP 1.6 as a compatible game version in CKAN. Click on 'Settings' -> 'Compatible KSP versions' and mark 1.6 as compatible (should be the very first entry in the list). Apply the changes and CKAN should install the correct mod version for you.

On a sidenote: The location for the log file changed between KSP 1.3.1 and KSP 1.4.0, so th linked log is an old one from 1.3.1 ;) Next time, take a look here instead (the mod version pointed to the issue in this case, you don't need to upload a new log this time ;) )

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

@linuxgurugamer This issue might be interesting for you as well, even though it is quiet surprising that this is not a more common issue.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Oh, I see what's going on there and it's actually quiet surprising that no one else came across this one before :o

The version file of the latest version of ToolbarController is set to be compatible with 1.5.1 - 1.6.0 but ToolbarController 0.1.4.7 is set to be compatible with any KSP version so CKAN will install this one, instead of the latest release.

The easiest way to fix that is to set KSP 1.6 as a compatible game version in CKAN. Click on 'Settings' -> 'Compatible KSP versions' and mark 1.6 as compatible (should be the very first entry in the list). Apply the changes and CKAN should install the correct mod version for you.

On a sidenote: The location for the log file changed between KSP 1.3.1 and KSP 1.4.0, so th linked log is an old one from 1.3.1 ;) Next time, take a look here instead (the mod version pointed to the issue in this case, you don't need to upload a new log this time ;) )

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

@linuxgurugamer This issue might be interesting for you as well, even though it is quiet surprising that this is not a more common issue.

Thanks for helping!

So when trying to install this on CKAN I get this error,

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.20: C:\Users\STORM\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9D86.tmp has length 103767, should be 103763
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

29 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

So when trying to install this on CKAN I get this error,

Probably related to the updated .version file without changing the version number. Pinging @HebaruSan for this one :)

(On a sidenote: This error message is displayed in CKAN so it is CKAN related and should be reported in the CKAN thread instead of here ;) For now, the ping will do the trick instead)

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer  Setting up a Luna Multiplayer server and having a bug where it is saving our R&D progress in science mode, but vessels are disappearing. Not your mod and not asking for support for LMP specifically :) 

However another user and I are having the exact same issues on our servers. His issue was a month ago and he says he ironed it down to this mod causing the issue. To test it he ran the LMP server with literally only this mod installed, and it still happened. Then he removed this mod, and it stopped his vessels from disappearing. Do you have any idea what this mod might be doing that would cause vessels in LMP to not persist? The quick version of what I'm getting is: do stuff, get things in orbit and play session goes normally until you log out of server, log back in and things are gone but all R&D progress persists perfectly.

4 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

@linuxgurugamer  Setting up a Luna Multiplayer server and having a bug where it is saving our R&D progress in science mode, but vessels are disappearing. Not your mod and not asking for support for LMP specifically :) 

However another user and I are having the exact same issues on our servers. His issue was a month ago and he says he ironed it down to this mod causing the issue. To test it he ran the LMP server with literally only this mod installed, and it still happened. Then he removed this mod, and it stopped his vessels from disappearing. Do you have any idea what this mod might be doing that would cause vessels in LMP to not persist? The quick version of what I'm getting is: do stuff, get things in orbit and play session goes normally until you log out of server, log back in and things are gone but all R&D progress persists perfectly.

No idea, this doesn't touch anything other than the toolbar, and then only when requested by a mod

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, this doesn't touch anything other than the toolbar, and then only when requested by a mod

Thank you for such a quick reply! I'll come back here with a followup if necessary.

• 3 months later...

New release, 0.1.7

• Added dependency unBlur
  • Added dependency checks for unblur, clickthroughblocker    
  • Replaced code which needless read the disk often with the unBlur clode to both fix blurring and needless reading of the disk
  • Moved Textures directory out of the PluginData

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.