linuxgurugamer

[1.8.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Yes. To version 0.1.6.7. And I do not have the issue with 0.1.6.6 (I wrote wrong in my original post, not with but without....).

Edit: Sorry, got confused... The answer is no. Did not realise I have to update CTB when updating this mod.

Will that always be true?

Just did a test after updating CTB..... Works now.... Thanks

Given that these two mods are very low level, you should always make sure you have the latest versions of them.  

However, they are pretty stable right now, the ClickThroughBlocker was last updated on 5/6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer  you've always done an awesome job with the myriad of mods you created or picked up the torch to maintain.  Thank you for that.

My question for this mod is this.  Is it required to be on the screen during game play?  

I installed the Raster Props and the toolbar controller is a requirement so it gets installed as well..   I had no idea what it did and clicked on it.  Nothing happened, clicked again nothing happened, clicked again nothing happened.  So I continued with my game.  Got into orbit and started doing some right clicks on pieces to do various things.  Problem was that the right click menu were now massively short.  Listing only 2 items instead of the 4 or 10.   For instance I right click on the capsule and I can only transfer crew.  Gather science or crew report all those other items were gone.  But as I moved my mouse around the long list would return.  Only to go back to the short list as my mouse came closer to click on something.  Its like it was taunting me!!!.  Anyway I removed the toolbar controller and all was well again.  Then reinstalled it and made note of clicking on the icon and the menu behavior.  And yes when the toolbar icon is clicked I get short menus when its unclicked I get the long menus.   I honestly cannot think of a need for the player to have the truncated menu other than to toy with their emotions.   Not sure if its a side effect of the mod stew or if its intended.  Since the button doesn't change color I cannot tell if its clicked either.  Is there a way to just not have it visible on the menu?  I like the raster props but hate the wasted real estate of a button that did nothing than suck 30 minutes away from my precious kerbal time.   (which is after the kids are in bed and before the wife calls down wondering if I'm coming to bed or not)  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaveLChgo said:

@linuxgurugamer  you've always done an awesome job with the myriad of mods you created or picked up the torch to maintain.  Thank you for that.

My question for this mod is this.  Is it required to be on the screen during game play?  

I installed the Raster Props and the toolbar controller is a requirement so it gets installed as well..   I had no idea what it did and clicked on it.  Nothing happened, clicked again nothing happened, clicked again nothing happened.  So I continued with my game.  Got into orbit and started doing some right clicks on pieces to do various things.  Problem was that the right click menu were now massively short.  Listing only 2 items instead of the 4 or 10.   For instance I right click on the capsule and I can only transfer crew.  Gather science or crew report all those other items were gone.  But as I moved my mouse around the long list would return.  Only to go back to the short list as my mouse came closer to click on something.  Its like it was taunting me!!!.  Anyway I removed the toolbar controller and all was well again.  Then reinstalled it and made note of clicking on the icon and the menu behavior.  And yes when the toolbar icon is clicked I get short menus when its unclicked I get the long menus.   I honestly cannot think of a need for the player to have the truncated menu other than to toy with their emotions.   Not sure if its a side effect of the mod stew or if its intended.  Since the button doesn't change color I cannot tell if its clicked either.  Is there a way to just not have it visible on the menu?  I like the raster props but hate the wasted real estate of a button that did nothing than suck 30 minutes away from my precious kerbal time.   (which is after the kids are in bed and before the wife calls down wondering if I'm coming to bed or not)  Thanks.

The Toolbarcontroller has two modes, one in which the mod controls everything, and one in which the mod registers with the Toolbarcontroller and then the ToolbarController controls which toolbar the buttns go on.

If you don't want it on screen, then I suggest you install the Blizzy Toolbar, and then use the ToolbarController window to tell it to show on the Blizzy Toolbar.  If you don't tell Blizzy that you want it visible, it won't be visible.

I don't understand what you are saying.  It sounds like you are having problems, but you need to be more specific.

Write out an exact set of actions which produce the problems you are having.  It would help to go into the game, and then every time you click, record what you are doing.  This will make it easier to understand and replicate the problem.  You saw short menus, but it's not easy to understand.

If you aren't getting a window when you click the button, you are having a different problem.  Make sure you have the latest version, which was released today (0.1.6.7), it almost sounds like you are encountering a problem which was reported earlier which was fixed in the current release

I hope in the next version to be able to hide the button if there aren't any registered mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to reduce the amount of Toolbar Buttons in the game. With the last update there comes this config window which looks like i can configure this, right?. In my installation (no Blizzy Toolbar installed) the only entry is the toolbar controller itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Voidi said:

I want to reduce the amount of Toolbar Buttons in the game. With the last update there comes this config window which looks like i can configure this, right?. In my installation (no Blizzy Toolbar installed) the only entry is the toolbar controller itself.

This only works with mods which are coded to use it.  

There is other mods out which can directly do that, one is Janitor's Closet, there is another which is smaller and easier to use, I just can't remember the name of it right now

Here you go:

 

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK the  1.6.7 version corrected the issue I was having with it.   (shortened right click menus)   And now when I click on the yellow wrench icon, it actually does something.  Brings up a dialog box.   So all is now good in the universe again.  Cheers!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

In a mod I have this dependencies included ... i'm not a modder i'm a player and I update ALL THE OUTDATED DEPENDENCIES INCLUDED WITH SO MANY MODS  (sorry for the caps I thinks after all this update I will go to explain my mind in the appropriate forum)

So, my question is this one. I already have this version

 

Did I need the one here too or (like I understand) this one is a resource for the modders ??

 

thanks in advance and sorry to waste your time too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarkSlimus said:

Hi

In a mod I have this dependencies included ... i'm not a modder i'm a player and I update ALL THE OUTDATED DEPENDENCIES INCLUDED WITH SO MANY MODS  (sorry for the caps I thinks after all this update I will go to explain my mind in the appropriate forum)

So, my question is this one. I already have this version

 

This mod and the mod you linked to are entirely independent.  This mod creates a toolbar, which mods can put buttons on.  That mod makes it easier for other mods to allow options to the user on where buttons should be placed: This mod's toolbar, or the stock toolbar.

That mod is a required dependency for many mods.  This mod is almost entirely optional: If you want the floating toolbar, grab this mod.  If you want everything in the stock toolbar, you don't need it.  (I think there might be one or two old mods that still require this mod and are updated, but only a couple.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for your quick answer :)

So I keep this mod updated cause yes I want the floating toolbar ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After todays update the "RCS Build Aid" RBA-Buton is gone. Tried to get it back by playing around with "Toolbars Controller" but no combination leads back to the RBA-button.

Trying to remove the Toolb. Contr. was also  not successful, as then both "Nav Hud" and "RCS Build Aid" are also removed  by CKAN. So I installed all 3 afresh, but still no RBA-button. My last idea was  to install that Blizzy toolbar in the hope it would finally give me access to the RBA-button. to make it short - nope !

So what's left is to uninstall the new versions of the 2 mods ckan installed today, as yesterday everything was running well.

Any ideas how to tackle this misimprovement otherwise ?

TIA, Joe

Edited by JoeeoJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JoeeoJ said:

After todays update the "RCS Build Aid" RBA-Buton is gone. Tried to get it back by playing around with "Toolbars Controller" but no combination leads back to the RBA-button.

Trying to remove the Toolb. Contr. was also  not successful, as then both "Nav Hud" and "RCS Build Aid" are also removed  by CKAN. So I installed all 3 afresh, but still no RBA-button. My last idea was  to install that Blizzy toolbar in the hope it would finally give me access to the RBA-button. to make it short - nope !

So what's left is to uninstall the new versions of the 2 mods ckan installed today, as yesterday everything was running well.

Any ideas how to tackle this misimprovement otherwise ?

TIA, Joe

Being polite can go a long way.

Sorry, it was late and I was tired with a headache.  

 

Ill look into this tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, please post a log file, in the correct thread; ie: the RCS Build Aid thread

Also, there was a bad release I had to delete, it sounds like you might have gotten that one

I've been able to confirm this, will only be responding on this subject in the RCS Buildaid forum moving forward

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Linuxgurugamer,

you wrote: Being polite can go a long way. 

Well I think you were right, reading today what I have written yesterday, I can underline what you have written , so don't  cross it out ;-)

Guess I also had not one of my  greatest moments (Think I was a bit moody,  fighting with all those upgrades moving my 1.3.1 scenario to 1.4.x) ... so please accept my apologies.

Joe

 

Edited by JoeeoJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Linuxgurugamer,

you have found the problem, the new updates are working - the button is back. Thanks a lot !!!

I am meanwhile so much used to balance my all vehicles that I feel completely uncomfortable without, though I tested it yesterday without it and the result was not so bad.

Cheers, Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoeeoJ said:

Hi Linuxgurugamer,

you have found the problem, the new updates are working - the button is back. Thanks a lot !!!

I am meanwhile so much used to balance my all vehicles that I feel completely uncomfortable without, though I tested it yesterday without it and the result was not so bad.

Cheers, Joe

Glad its working for you.

In the future, when you have a problem with a mod, please post in that mods' thread. If no mods were showing with the toolbar controller, then it would have made sense to post here, but it was a single mod, and there were already posts in the thread about this problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd appreciate some people trying this out:

  • Added code to load button textures from game database instead of the disk for the stock toolbar

https://jenkins.spacetux.net/job/T-Z/job/ToolbarControl/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/001_ToolbarControl-0.1.6.9.zip

I'm mostly interested in whether it works and all other mods which use it are loaded properly.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm mostly interested in whether it works and all other mods which use it are loaded properly.

For my install with 50 mods, everything works fine. No differences to the latest github version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you.

Releasing it now:

New release, 0.1.6.9

  • Added code to load button textures from game database instead of the disk for the stock toolbar

This was needed for the ScienceAlert mod which I've released as a beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

Releasing it now:

New release, 0.1.6.9

  • Added code to load button textures from game database instead of the disk for the stock toolbar

This was needed for the ScienceAlert mod which I've released as a beta

Hi @linuxgurugamer, tried the latest version after a new install of 1.4.3 and the latest TC 1.6.9 -  the following errors appear in the KSP.log file (I don't think the effect gameplay) 

[ERR 13:33:40.647] ToolbarControl: RegisterMod, NameSpace: ToolbarController_NS, DisplayName: Toolbar Controller

[ERR 13:33:40.653] ToolbarControl: stockButton is null, namespace: ToolbarController_NS

 

Edited by wile1411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, tried the latest version after a new install of 1.4.3 and the latest TC 1.6.9 -  the following errors appear in the KSP.log file (I don't think the effect gameplay) 


[ERR 13:33:40.647] ToolbarControl: RegisterMod, NameSpace: ToolbarController_NS, DisplayName: Toolbar Controller

[ERR 13:33:40.653] ToolbarControl: stockButton is null, namespace: ToolbarController_NS

 

Not errors, you can ignore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not errors, you can ignore them.

NP - thanks for heads up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm  sure I installed this correctly, along with Click Through Blocker on 1.4.3, however, the textures aren't loading, so all I get is a blank box.

wHG30yZ.png

Precise Node is working fine.

Edited by Xurkitree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Precise Node is working fine.

Ummm, what's not working?  ToolbarController?  PreciseNode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.2.6.10

  • Fixed Nullref when Blizzy toolbar not installed and buttons were selected to be on the Blizzy button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- deleted - sorry

 

Edited by Araym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running this on 1.3.1 version 0.1.4.7 as installed by CKAN and not getting an icon for the toolbar controller on either toolbar.  No log errors so far.  Is this known to work ok in 1.3.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.