[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, CaribeanSoul said:

I'm running this on 1.3.1 version 0.1.4.7 as installed by CKAN and not getting an icon for the toolbar controller on either toolbar.  No log errors so far.  Is this known to work ok in 1.3.1?

There is no icon for it in that version, that was added in 1.6

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is no icon for it in that version, that was added in 1.6

I think I understand.  So in that version it wasn't used to give the user a choice of which toolbar to use for a particular mod?

Edited by CaribeanSoul

I have a change request. :)

On the static method, ToobarControl/RegisterUsage::RegisterMod, use Debug.Info instead of Debug.Error for informational messages. I made a mistake on one mod, but spend a lot of time chasing unicorns because I saw this "error message" and concluded the error was on the registering phase, and not somewhere else! :D 

//[line 122]
        public static bool RegisterMod(string NameSpace, string DisplayName = "", bool useBlizzy = false, bool useStock = true, bool NoneAllowed = true)
        {
            LoadData();
            Mod mod = null;
            Log.Error("RegisterMod, NameSpace: " + NameSpace + ", DisplayName: " + DisplayName);

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

I have a change request. :)

On the static method, ToobarControl/RegisterUsage::RegisterMod, use Debug.Info instead of Debug.Error for informational messages. I made a mistake on one mod, but spend a lot of time chasing unicorns because I saw this "error message" and concluded the error was on the registering phase, and not somewhere else! :D 

//[line 122]
        public static bool RegisterMod(string NameSpace, string DisplayName = "", bool useBlizzy = false, bool useStock = true, bool NoneAllowed = true)
        {
            LoadData();
            Mod mod = null;
            Log.Error("RegisterMod, NameSpace: " + NameSpace + ", DisplayName: " + DisplayName);

That is due to be changed in the next release.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is due to be changed in the next release.

Thanks!

I saw some more scattered on the code, too. Of course some of them are real deals, but some others I think should be revised.

Edited by Lisias
grumpy programmer mode off. =P

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Thanks!

I saw some more scattered on the code, too. Of course some of them are real deals, but some others I think should be revised.

I'm adding a debugMode, and most of those log lines will be dependent on the debugMode, so if debugMode is off, they won't write to the file.

Should reduce the log spam by a significant amount

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New update, 0.1.6.12

• Commented out all Log.Debug lines because they were using the settings class which isn't instantiated in the beginning.  Was causing nullrefs 
  • Added to Spacedock, for faster updating of CKAN

Thank you, was just about to report exactly this.

Bit of an odd question. I upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5. I copied over my gamedata folder and saves. I seem to have lost the button from this mod which pulled up the list where I get to pick which toolbar mod icons appear in. I deleted the contents of the gamedata folder for this mod and reinstalled it. Still not icon for this mod. Here is the question. Does this mod write any configuration data about itself somewhere other than the folder for this mod itself. ie should I be looking to edit a previous save game or some other file?

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Bit of an odd question. I upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5. I copied over my gamedata folder and saves. I seem to have lost the button from this mod which pulled up the list where I get to pick which toolbar mod icons appear in. I deleted the contents of the gamedata folder for this mod and reinstalled it. Still not icon for this mod. Here is the question. Does this mod write any configuration data about itself somewhere other than the folder for this mod itself. ie should I be looking to edit a previous save game or some other file?

No, it doesn't.

Make sure you have the latest version installed, if you still have a problem, post a log file

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, it doesn't.

Make sure you have the latest version installed, if you still have a problem, post a log file

Thanks for the reply. Ok. I might try loading the game without this mod. See if I can clear the issue. Then load again with the mod added. The main issue I have is that in 1.4.4 I had selected a fair few of the icons to only appear in blizzy toolbar. They sure do not appear in squads toolbar. That part is working fine. What I am unable to do is see the icon as an option to display in blizzy toolbar. That behaviour I would expect if I had used this mod to only display in squad toolbar. The other rather obvious problem is that I cannot get this mod to show as an icon. When I load the game I do have the popup telling me about this mod. But as I say I cannot see an icon for it. I bet that if I could I would be able to click mods back to display in squad toolbar, then click again to allow me to pick them to display using blizzy toolbar. Hope this describes the issue more clearly. Yes if I can get no where further I will post logs here. I might try a new game and see if this mods icon shows up. I guess this is the problem of moving from one build to another. Thanks squad lol. Version is         "REPOSITORY" : "ToolbarControl"    },    "VERSION" :    {        "MAJOR" : 0,        "MINOR" : 1,        "PATCH" : 6,        "BUILD" : 13    }, which I believe is the most current version. I will get back to you with more later.

I don't use CKAN. I think I know what the problem is. You see I put the icon for this mod in blizzy toolbar only. So the mod is working. As intended probably. But blizzy does not have this mod as one of the things it is able to display. Rather a catch 22 if you ask me. Since without the icon I cannot use this mod to tell this mod to show itself in the squad toolbar in order to select stuff to show in the blizzy toolbar. Since this mod knows not to show stuff in squad toolbar because I told it show only in blizzy, that part is working, Problem is that blizzy toolbar is not aware that it has been told to show stuff. So stuff is hidden, cannot be told again where to be. I guess I am erm stuck right at the moment. Do you see the logic trap I have fallen into?

Yes I know. Goes like this. Initially blizzy has a list. Not everything I would like blizzy to show is in the list. Then I look at this mod. I see I can tell some items to be shown only in blizzy. Look now at blizzy and yes the items that were not there before are now present. Are you with me?

Hello @linuxgurugamer:D

I have a problem with the newest version of Toolbar Controller (0.1.6.13). The icon for the mod doesn't show at all. Neither on the stock toolbar or blizzy toolbar. However if I revert the mod back to 0.1.6.12 it works flawlessly.

Here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.12

and here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.13

Hopefully this helps you out. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.