[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

29 minutes ago, marioluigi653 said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer:D

I have a problem with the newest version of Toolbar Controller (0.1.6.13). The icon for the mod doesn't show at all. Neither on the stock toolbar or blizzy toolbar. However if I revert the mod back to 0.1.6.12 it works flawlessly.

Here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.12

and here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.13

Hopefully this helps you out. ;)

Looks like you have too many version of the ToolbarController installed, please check your install

[LOG 15:06:02.026] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[LOG 15:06:02.033] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[LOG 15:06:02.066] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[LOG 15:06:02.101] ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.6.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

20 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Yes I know. Goes like this. Initially blizzy has a list. Not everything I would like blizzy to show is in the list. Then I look at this mod. I see I can tell some items to be shown only in blizzy. Look now at blizzy and yes the items that were not there before are now present. Are you with me?

Which items?

1 hour ago, marioluigi653 said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer:D

I have a problem with the newest version of Toolbar Controller (0.1.6.13). The icon for the mod doesn't show at all. Neither on the stock toolbar or blizzy toolbar. However if I revert the mod back to 0.1.6.12 it works flawlessly.

Here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.12

and here is the KSP log file for Toolbar Control 0.1.6.13

Hopefully this helps you out. ;)

Try deleting the file:  GameData\001_ToolbarControl\PluginData\ToolbarControl.cfg

On 8/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, Apaseall said:

I might try loading the game without this mod.

If a mod requires this, then it will NOT load if this isn't installed

10 hours ago, marioluigi653 said:

It's the Verbose Logging setting right?

KSP - Verbose Log

No, in multiple ways.  I didn't say "verbose"

The toolbar Controller has it's own settings page.  On that page, there is a debug mode flag specifically for the toolbar controller

Second, you sent me the wrong file.  I don't mind that one, but for this, I need the output_log.txt, see the following on how/where  to get it:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

7 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I resisted but now I give in, here is a log, a quick in and out, pardon the pun, of ksp; https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbngeld9z196yxh/saves for ToolbarController.1.logs.rar?dl=0

Please resist the temptation to pre-sort the log file.  Those files you provided are useless to me.

As I said to @marioluigi653, please turn on debug mode for the toolbar controller, restart the game, and then send me the output_log.txt file

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please resist the temptation to pre-sort the log file.  Those files you provided are useless to me.

As I said to @marioluigi653, please turn on debug mode for the toolbar controller, restart the game, and then send me the output_log.txt file

Since I do not have an output_log.txt file I cannot provide you with one. I have not had such a file for quite a while now. I use KSPDev. It is my understanding that it is the one that done any sorting. To be clear. Even running a virgin copy I do not get an output_log.txt unless they have changed where one is located, and yes that is after verifying with steam that my install is correct. The issue in the logs re this mod appear to be complaining that namespaces do not exist. I believe not every item that has an icon has a complaint about namespace, but that the ones I am having a problem with do. Sorry that you are unable to extract any meaningful information from those logs.

6 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Since I do not have an output_log.txt file I cannot provide you with one. I have not had such a file for quite a while now. I use KSPDev. It is my understanding that it is the one that done any sorting. To be clear. Even running a virgin copy I do not get an output_log.txt unless they have changed where one is located, and yes that is after verifying with steam that my install is correct. The issue in the logs re this mod appear to be complaining that namespaces do not exist. I believe not every item that has an icon has a complaint about namespace, but that the ones I am having a problem with do. Sorry that you are unable to extract any meaningful information from those logs.

KSPDev is useless to me.

Read this, and then send me the output_log.txt which  you will find after reading (this is in my sig as well):

Edited by linuxgurugamer

That's the right one, I'll go over it and get back to  you.

Just as a curiosity, I put the link (in red) into my sig to give people a chance to see it before replying.  Is it not obvious enough?  Asking because you aren't the only one who seems to not see it, or at least, not read it.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, Apaseall said:

Yes I know. Goes like this. Initially blizzy has a list. Not everything I would like blizzy to show is in the list. Then I look at this mod. I see I can tell some items to be shown only in blizzy. Look now at blizzy and yes the items that were not there before are now present. Are you with me?

So I'm trying to fully understand the problem here.  From what you said here, it's working properly.

Let's run through what happens when a mod is first installed (assuming that the ToolbarController is already installed)

1. After installation, you start the game
  2. The mod internally registers itself with the ToolbarController.  That simply tells the controller about the button, and allows the controller to keep track of the settings for that button.
  3. The default is to show the button on the stock toolbar
  4. At this point, the button as NOT been added to the blizzy toolbar.
  5. Now, you click the yellow wrench button to bring up the ToolbarController window, and you click the checkbox to show the button on the Blizzy toolbar, then hit save.
  6. The button is STILL not showing on the Blizzy toolbar.  This is normal and expected, it's the way the Blizzy toolbar works, since you can have multiple Blizzy toolbars showing.
  7. Now you click the dropdown on the Blizzy toolbar in the scene you are interested in, and select the option to select which mods are to be shown on that toolbar.
  8. You click the checkbox for your mod and then save it.
  9. It should now be showing on that instance of the Blizzy toolbar

Is this NOT happening?

Edit:  when debug mode is on, there is extra data written to the log, including one line which says "Missing namespace...".  This is not an error, don't be alarmed.  It's just information for me

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just as a curiosity, I put the link (in red) into my sig to give people a chance to see it before replying.  Is it not obvious enough?  Asking because you aren't the only one who seems to not see it, or at least, not read it.

I'm on mobile now,  and I see no sig!

Here, see how it looks on mobile. 

Edited by Lisias

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I'm on mobile now,  and I see no sig!

I dont' think sigs are shown on mobile, but most people use a browser when posting logs, etc.

@Apaseall

You have the Adjustable Mod Panel installed.  That is what is probably hiding the button from your toolbar.  Also, while less used, you also have Janitor's Closet installed, which also has the ability to hide toolbar buttons

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I dont' think sigs are shown on mobile, but most people use a browser when posting logs, etc.

@Apaseall

You have the Adjustable Mod Panel installed.  That is what is probably hiding the button from your toolbar.  Also, while less used, you also have Janitor's Closet installed, which also has the ability to hide toolbar buttons

I am aware that I have those mods installed and that as you say they have abilities similar to this mods. I had the mods you mentioned installed in 1.4.4. All three worked well together. I will double check in game. The game  I am currently loading I deleted the toolbarcontroller.cfg file. Lets see what happens this time.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I dont' think sigs are shown on mobile, but most people use a browser when posting logs, etc

Not anymore as it appears. I just saw my son using Facebook on his mobile besides being sit on his computer playing. :/

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So I'm trying to fully understand the problem here.  From what you said here, it's working properly.

Let's run through what happens when a mod is first installed (assuming that the ToolbarController is already installed)

1. After installation, you start the game
  2. The mod internally registers itself with the ToolbarController.  That simply tells the controller about the button, and allows the controller to keep track of the settings for that button.
  3. The default is to show the button on the stock toolbar
  4. At this point, the button as NOT been added to the blizzy toolbar.
  5. Now, you click the yellow wrench button to bring up the ToolbarController window, and you click the checkbox to show the button on the Blizzy toolbar, then hit save.
  6. The button is STILL not showing on the Blizzy toolbar.  This is normal and expected, it's the way the Blizzy toolbar works, since you can have multiple Blizzy toolbars showing.
  7. Now you click the dropdown on the Blizzy toolbar in the scene you are interested in, and select the option to select which mods are to be shown on that toolbar.
  8. You click the checkbox for your mod and then save it.
  9. It should now be showing on that instance of the Blizzy toolbar

Is this NOT happening?

Edit:  when debug mode is on, there is extra data written to the log, including one line which says "Missing namespace...".  This is not an error, don't be alarmed.  It's just information for me

Step 3. No yellow wrench is shown.

Step 6. Yes I understand that nothing will show in blizzy toolbar.

Step 7. I should at that point see a yellow wrench in the list. None is shown.

Say we have a mod that is only shown in the stock toolbar. Step 7 will not have that mod listed. Say now then in step 5 we select only to show in blizzy. Step 7 will now show the mod. Stock will not show the mod. If something happens to step 5 such that blizzy is never informed, or blizzy is informed but later forgets. Then we have nothing in blizzy and nothing in stock. This mod works, but the wrench is missing in stock and blizzy. No way to interact with this mod ever. If blizzy has forgotten about mods that it should be showing, then again there is no way of telling blizzy again.

hmm. Thinking about this. Is there not a setting option in the game difficulty for this mod. Maybe a reset button, ie a button to press that forces the wrench to appear once more in the stock toolbar. In case something odd like this happens again? Not sure how you feel about that.

here is a fresh log. I deleted the .cfg as mention before this boot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik6rdzi0ss7ljjf/saves for ToolbarController.3.output_log.rar?dl=0

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Maybe a reset button, ie a button to press that forces the wrench to appear once more in the stock toolbar. In case something odd like this happens again?

There's safeguards built into ToolbarController that prevent it being used to hide itself. By default it is set to display on both the stock toolbar and Blizzy's, and these options are locked; you can do it manually if you edit the configs, but not via the interface. That renders a "reset" button useless from that perspective. If another mod has been used to hide the button, no amount of reset buttons within this mod can hope to solve the problem as the other mod will still be hiding the button, so a "reset" button again becomes useless.

In your situation, I would be looking at removing every other mod that can affect the toolbar, then replacing them one by one.

Edited by JH4C

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I am aware that I have those mods installed and that as you say they have abilities similar to this mods. I had the mods you mentioned installed in 1.4.4. All three worked well together. I will double check in game. The game  I am currently loading I deleted the toolbarcontroller.cfg file. Lets see what happens this time.

@JH4C said it for me, so I won’t repeat it.  Remove the AMP please and try again.

58 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Flying atm, to test out a new location for a docking port as I think the bounding box was causing failure to dock. Or I might just be having fun playing lol. I'll get back to in a while. Thanks all.

Fair enough.  I think I'll take more time responding to you in the future.  It apparently isn’t a bad enough problem to prevent you from enjoying the game, so no need for me to respond as quickly as possible.

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Fair enough.  I think I'll take more time responding to you in the future.  It apparently isn’t a bad enough problem to prevent you from enjoying the game, so no need for me to respond as quickly as possible.

No it is not a game stopper. I have been playing with it like this since I upgraded. I have other bugs to squish, planes to design, parts to mod. So trying to fix this is one of many things I am doing. I do appreciate your speedy replies, but you also have to understand that like yourself, others have more than one thing they are doing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.