UomoCapra

Veteran KSP console Players - How to redeem KSP Enhanced Edition

Recommended Posts

website.jpg

Hello, veteran KSP console players,

We’ve prepared this article especially for you.

First of all, we want to express our immense gratitude for showing us your support and most of all for your patience during the long process it took to develop KSP Enhanced Edition.

Around a year ago we committed to provide console players a faithful and worthy version of KSP for both PS4 and Xbox One that console players all around the world could enjoy from the comfort of their couches. The process was longer and more difficult than any of us expected, but we are finally here and very proud of what we have accomplished with our dear friends at BlitWorks.

If you have been following us, by now you know that we are standing by our promise to give Enhanced Edition free to all of the owners of the previous version of KSP on consoles. We have prepared this article to answer any questions you may have about redeeming your new copy of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition:

  1. First and most importantly, in order to redeem your copy, you need to be logged in to the same account where you originally purchased the previous version of KSP on consoles.
  2. After that, you have to go into the Xbox One or the PlayStation Store and search for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition.
  3. Select the game and follow the instructions. As the purchase is account-based, both platforms will identify your account and let you download the game without any payment.
  4. The game will be added to your downloads. Once the download and installation is completed, you can start launching your Kerbals into orbit.

Remember that Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition will appear in your library as a separate game and no data from the older version will be overwritten, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions and will still be able to play them. However, because the new version was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But, that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Happy launchings!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great.  Just out of curiosity,  at what point will it be available during the day?  Will it be like most games and show up at midnight Eastern time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

website.jpg

Hello, veteran KSP console players,

We’ve prepared this article especially for you.

First of all, we want to express our immense gratitude for showing us your support and most of all for your patience during the long process it took to develop KSP Enhanced Edition.

Around a year ago we committed to provide console players a faithful and worthy version of KSP for both PS4 and Xbox One that console players all around the world could enjoy from the comfort of their couches. The process was longer and more difficult than any of us expected, but we are finally here and very proud of what we have accomplished with our dear friends at BlitWorks.

If you have been following us, by now you know that we are standing by our promise to give Enhanced Edition free to all of the owners of the previous version of KSP on consoles. We have prepared this article to answer any questions you may have about redeeming your new copy of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition:

  1. First and most importantly, in order to redeem your copy, you need to be logged in to the same account where you originally purchased the previous version of KSP on consoles.
  2. After that, you have to go into the Xbox One or the PlayStation Store and search for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition.
  3. Select the game and follow the instructions. As the purchase is account-based, both platforms will identify your account and let you download the game without any payment.
  4. The game will be added to your downloads. Once the download and installation is completed, you can start launching your Kerbals into orbit.

Remember that Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition will appear in your library as a separate game and no data from the older version will be overwritten, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions and will still be able to play them. However, because the new version was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But, that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Happy launchings!

Thank you, I was puzzling over that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Great.  Just out of curiosity,  at what point will it be available during the day?  Will it be like most games and show up at midnight Eastern time?

We made an update to the release date announcement with the different timings :wink:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so excited! many thanks for the hard work that went into the new port.

 

ill be staying up late monday night for when it hits the store

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

We made an update to the release date announcement with the different timings :wink:

 

Thank you,  I missed that one:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome news! I will be sure to download KSP:EE on "launch day". :wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

...no data from the older version will be overwritten, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions and will still be able to play them.

I chuckled.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably a stupid question, but is is Midnight January 16th, or Midnight January 17th?

14 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Great.  Just out of curiosity,  at what point will it be available during the day?  Will it be like most games and show up at midnight Eastern time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting it is a new game, not an update.

I'm sure there are reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John FX said:

Interesting it is a new game, not an update.

I'm sure there are reasons.

Stops it automatically overwriting the current one most likely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

This is probably a stupid question, but is is Midnight January 16th, or Midnight January 17th?

 

Midnight the 16th. (Monday night going into Tuesday morning).  Sometimes it may take a few extra minutes to show up.  

6 hours ago, John FX said:

Interesting it is a new game, not an update.

I'm sure there are reasons.

Yup, the reason being the original port was such a mess it couldn't be fixed.  Hence they redid it from the ground up with a different developer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Midnight the 16th. (Monday night going into Tuesday morning).  Sometimes it may take a few extra minutes to show up.  

Yup, the reason being the original port was such a mess it couldn't be fixed.  Hence they redid it from the ground up with a different developer.

Hopefully when squad will update the game to 1.3 it will take 6 months instead of 1 year and 7 months.

Edited by DunaManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours, 45 minutes and counting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours and 11 minutes or 26 hours and 11 minutes

Anyone know

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

2 hours and 11 minutes or 26 hours and 11 minutes

Anyone know

It's 2 hours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I deleted the original version from my console to free up space and now I cannot play the enhanced version. I tried to re download the original but it is no longer available on the game store. Help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YaBoyZenny said:

So, I deleted the original version from my console to free up space and now I cannot play the enhanced version. I tried to re download the original but it is no longer available on the game store. Help?

Will it not let you download the Enhanced Edition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now