Veteran KSP console Players - How to redeem KSP Enhanced Edition

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_p2grbfjLrc1rr2wit_540.jpg

Hello, veteran KSP console players,

We’ve prepared this article especially for you.

First of all, we want to express our immense gratitude for showing us your support and most of all for your patience during the long process it took to develop KSP Enhanced Edition.

Around a year ago we committed to provide console players a faithful and worthy version of KSP for both PS4 and Xbox One that console players all around the world could enjoy from the comfort of their couches. The process was longer and more difficult than any of us expected, but we are finally here and very proud of what we have accomplished with our dear friends at BlitWorks.

If you have been following us, by now you know that we are standing by our promise to give Enhanced Edition free to all of the owners of the previous version of KSP on consoles. We have prepared this article to answer any questions you may have about redeeming your new copy of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition:

1. First and most importantly, in order to redeem your copy, you need to be logged in to the same account where you originally purchased the previous version of KSP on consoles.
  2. After that, you have to go into the Xbox One or the PlayStation Store and search for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition.
  3. Select the game and follow the instructions. As the purchase is account-based, both platforms will identify your account and let you download the game without any payment.
  4. The game will be added to your downloads. Once the download and installation is completed, you can start launching your Kerbals into orbit.

Remember that Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition will appear in your library as a separate game and no data from the older version will be overwritten, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions and will still be able to play them. However, because the new version was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But, that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Happy launchings!

• 1 month later...

I know ages ago, there was supposed to be a (now canceled) Wii U port of KSP. Obviously, that never happened. The Wii U was also rather underpowered. I'm just curious if the Switch has been in the console edition crosshairs at all? It'd be pretty nifty to have a portable version. I have KSP on my computer, so I really have no justifiable need to buy it on the PS4... But a Switch version I would consider, simply for the mobility.

3 hours ago, richfiles said:

I know ages ago, there was supposed to be a (now canceled) Wii U port of KSP. Obviously, that never happened. The Wii U was also rather underpowered. I'm just curious if the Switch has been in the console edition crosshairs at all? It'd be pretty nifty to have a portable version. I have KSP on my computer, so I really have no justifiable need to buy it on the PS4... But a Switch version I would consider, simply for the mobility.

I think Blitworks should get this one up to standards before considering another project.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.