AJE Extended Configs v2.0.4 - KSP version 1.8+

Citizen247

This mod adds extended support for AJE to other mods and also adds a number of engines not represented in existing configs. Configures:

• 81 Piston Engines
  • 20 Turboprops
  • 81 Turbojets
  • 26 Low-bypass Turbofans
  • 26 High bypass Turbofans
  • 2 versions of the Reaction Engines Limited SABRE

For a total of 236 aviation engines and alternative configs. For all your replica building needs.

Currently supported mods:

Spoiler

Airplane Plus
B9
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion
Stryker
SXT

Configured Engines:

Spoiler

Piston Engines:
Darracq single cylinder 10hp
Dutheil-Chalmers 20hp
Anzani 30hp radial
Anzani 50hp radial
DH-X Nomad
Hispano-Suiza 8Aa - versions 8Aa, 8Ab and 8Bc
Oberursel U.II and Ur.I
Clerget 9b - versions 9B and 9Bf
BMW VI - versions 5.0, 6.0 and 7.3
Napier Lion - versions II and VIIA
De Havilland Gipsy Six - De Havilland Gipsy Queen
Bristol Pegasus - versions 2, 18, and 22
Bristol Mercury - versions IX and XV
Shvetsov ASh-25V
Shvetsov ASh-62
Shvetsov ASh-82 - versions 111, 82F, 82FN, and 82T
Nakajima Sakae - versions 12, 21, and 31
Rolls Royce Kestral - Versions IB, V and VI
Klimov M-105 - versions 105, 105PA, and 105PF2
Rolls Royce Merlin - versions XII, 46, and 66
Rolls Royce Griffon - versions 65, 72, 85 and 101
Napier Sabre - versions II, V, VII, and E.118
Bristol Centaurus - versions I, VII, and Mk373
Pratt&Whitney R-1340 Wasp - versions 9, 16, and S1H1-G
Pratt&Whitney R1830 Twin Wasp - versions 1, 13, 86, and 94
Pratt&Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp - versions 10W, 18W, 21, and 63W
Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone - versions 23W, 26W, and TC
Packard Merlin V-1650 - versions 7 and 9
Allison V-1710 - versions 39, 89, and 143
Junkers Jumo 211 - versions 211B, 211F, and 211P
Junkers Jumo 213 - versions 213A and 213E
Daimler-Benz DB605 - versions 601, 605A, and 605AM
Continental IO-550

Turboprops:
Pratt&Whitney Canada PT6 - versions 25, 114A, and 135A
Rolls-Royce T56 - versions 13, 14, and A-427
Garrett TPE331
Kuznetsov NK-12 (NOTE: this engine has been dropped to 11,000hp as higher outputs caused the engine to fail)
Rolls-Royce Tyne - versions Mk1, Mk11, and Mk21
Rolls-Royce Dart - versions RDa.3, RDa.7, RDa.10, and RDa.11
Armstrong Siddeley Double Mamba - versions 1, 3, and 8
Rolls-Royce AE 2100 - versions D2 and D3

TurboJets:
BMW 109-003 - versions A-1, A-2, C, and D
BMW 109-018
Heinkel 109-011a
Junkers Jumo 004 - versions A, B, C, and H
Rolls-Royce Derwent - versions Welland, Derwent-I and Derwent-V
Rolls-Royce Nene - versions Mk.41 and Mk.102
Rolls-Royce Avon - versions Mk101, Mk20, Mk200, Mk205, Mk301, and Mk302
Rolls-Royce Olympus - versions Mk.101, Mk.102, Mk.104, Mk.201, Mk.301, Mk.320, Mk.593
Rolls-Royce Pegasus - versions 6, 10, 11, 11-21, and 11-61
Rolls-Royce Spey - versions Mk.101, Mk.250, Mk.202, Allison TF41-A-1, Allison TF41-A-400
SNECMA Atar - versions 101C, 101D, 101E, 101G, 8C, and 9K-50
Klimov VK-1 - versions VK-1, VK-1A, and VK-1F
Tumansky RD-9 - versions 9 and 9BF
Tumansky R-25
Lyulka AL-7 - versions AL7, AL7-F, and AL7F-1
Pratt&Whitney J52 - versions 6, 8, 408, and 409
Pratt&Whitney J75 - versions 13B, 17, 19, and 19W
Pratt&Whitney J58 + a fictional hydrogen burning variant
GE/Allison J35 - versions 2, 17, 21, and 35
General Electric J47 - versions 1, 15, 27 and 33
General Electric J79 - versions 2, 5, 11, 17, and 119
General Electric J85 - versions 4, 5, 13A, 17, and 21A
General Electric YJ93 

Low-Bypass Turbofans:
SNECMA M53 - versions 2, 5, and P2
SNECMA M88 - versions 2 and 3
Turbo-Union RB199 - versions 101, 103, 104, and 105
Eurojet EJ200
Klimov RD-33 - versions 33 and 33k
Soloviev D-30 - versions 1 and F6
Lyulka AL-31 - versions 31F, 31MF, 41F
General Electric F404 - versions 102 and 402
Pratt&Whitney F100 - versions 100, 200, 229, and 229A
Pratt&Whitney F119 turbofan
Pratt&Whitney F135 - versions 100 and 600

High-Bypass Turbofans:
Williams/Rolls-Royce FJ44 - versions 2A and 3
Progress D-18T
General Electric TF34
Pratt&Whitney JT8D - versions 1, 17R, and 219
CFM56 - versions 2, 3, 5, 5B and 5C
General Electric CF34 - versions 3B, 8C, 8E, 10A, and 10E
General Electric CF6 - versions 6, 50E, 80A, 80C2, and 80E1
General Electric GEnx - versions 1B70, 1B75, 1B76, and 2B67

Reaction Engines Limited SABRE

Other Features:
If Realfuels is installed all Piston engines will use AVGas as fuel. Turbines use kerosene. Most engines now have multiple alternative engine configurations.
If Community Category Kit is installed four new categories will be added (Prop, Rotary, Jet and air intakes) and AJE configured parts will be moved to their respective categories.

Dependencies:
Hard dependencies (will not work without): AJE and FAR
Soft dependencies (will work without, but some features will be switched off): RealFuels and CCK

Known problems:

Spoiler
  • The lower power engines (<100hp) don't currently generate their correct power level. I'm working on it.
  • The Kuznetsov NK-12 turboprop (14,750hp) is currently "only" set to 11,000hp. When set higher the engine bugs out and causes craft to explode. I'm fiddling with config settings, but this may be a limit of AJE.
  • ModuleEngineConfigs NullReferenceException errors.
  • Part field warnings.

Future plans:

Spoiler
  • The configs to set engine effects is a little cludgy at the moment. In future, I'm going to try to streamline and improve these configs.
  • Add engine configs for more of the templates in the database
  • More tweaks to low HP engines
  • A sanity pass. Especially to ensure propeller engines are using the correct props and superchargers/turbochargers
  • Most jets use squad models. I'm hoping to use other models to give more variety.
  • I'd like to start adding some models of my own. Priorities would be early piston engines, for which there are few options and jets to give variety.

Some engine configs are duplicated between mods. In those cases, one mods models are used and the others are deleted to prevent duplication.

Complete information, especially for very old or very new engines, can be hard to come by, as such a certain amount guesswork was involved in some of these engines. Sometimes their properties are based entirely on similar engines with just known factors changed. As such, I can't guarantee that all engines are exact. Improving these configs is an ongoing process, so if anyone has details of engine performance and specifications please let me know.

If anyone has any engines they'd like to have added let me know. The more information you can give me, the more likely I am to add it, so please give me as much of the following as possible:

• Engine specifications (Pistons: min/max RPM, Horsepower, Cylinder Compression, etc Jets: BPR, CPR, FPR, Max Thrust with and without afterburner, SFC, etc). The more information on the engine specifications the better, see config files to see the sorts of parameters required.
  • The Mod and part you think would be suitable as the base of the engine.

Mod moved to github:

DOWNLOAD

Current Version 2.0.4

Licence: LGPLv3

Edited by Citizen247
Updating download link

8 hours ago, fourfa said:

Weee!  Any changes in the A+ config vs your file that's been floating around in the A+ thread for a while?

At the moment the configs for Airplane Plus are the same. In future, though updates will go here, so those configs can be considered depreciated.

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Awesome possum! What atmospheric settings do you use with your AJE setup?

At the moment I'm back using FAR. I did have some stock configs which I used for flying, but they didn't work for spacecraft. Returning capsules would plough into the ground. I think it's because drag cubes don't multiply drag enough for flat capsules, so settings that were good for pointy aircraft didn't work for ballistic re-entry. Plus the reasons I'd moved away from FAR were resolved. One of the big ones was the runway: planes are much less likely to hit a three-foot wall and explode between runway segments now, so I don't need custom configs that allow me to lift planes in a short run. 

FYI, the CKAN indexing is currently stuck due to version incompatibilities: AJE is 1.3.0-only, but AJE Extended is 1.3.1-only, so there technically isn't a way to install them both at the same time. I've submitted a pull request to mark the current AJE as supporting both 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, since that is its reported true compatibility on AJE thread:

Tagging @blowfish as an FYI in case he has GitHub notifications turned off.

Worse than that: AJE just updated today for KSP1.3.1, from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0, as well as SolverEngines from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0.  Now I'm getting this:

JpYpBSg.jpg

Also, I get the exact same warning from the AJEPatchForAirplanePlus.cfg I was using before that. Log file has details:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x21hgks60i3mer/output_log.txt?dl=0

Reverted to the previous AJE and it goes away.  @Citizen247

Edited by fourfa

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

FYI, the CKAN indexing is currently stuck due to version incompatibilities: AJE is 1.3.0-only, but AJE Extended is 1.3.1-only, so there technically isn't a way to install them both at the same time. I've submitted a pull request to mark the current AJE as supporting both 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, since that is its reported true compatibility on AJE thread:

Tagging @blowfish as an FYI in case he has GitHub notifications turned off.

I'm having a fair few problems with spacedock at the moment (certificates out of date and can't upload changes) so I've deleted the mod there and added it to github instead. I'll try and add it to ckan manually.

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

Worse than that: AJE just updated today for KSP1.3.1, from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0, as well as SolverEngines from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0.  Now I'm getting this:

JpYpBSg.jpg

Also, I get the exact same warning from the AJEPatchForAirplanePlus.cfg I was using before that. Log file has details:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x21hgks60i3mer/output_log.txt?dl=0

Reverted to the previous AJE and it goes away.  @Citizen247

It looks like the latest version of AJE changed the definition of basic air intakes from "pilottube" to "pitottube". Now fixed and can be downloaded from github:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Citizen247

On 1/14/2018 at 6:21 AM, Citizen247 said:

I'm having a fair few problems with spacedock at the moment (certificates out of date and can't upload changes) so I've deleted the mod there and added it to github instead. I'll try and add it to ckan manually.

It should be indexed on CKAN now that the dependencies and server problems are resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note: the :FOR[AJE] code in the newest version of Mos_AJE-APP.cfg code causes module manager to think that AJE is installed and applies all nodes with :NEEDS[AJE] even though I don't have AJE installed. I know, it only happens when you have AJE+ installed without AJE, but that happens when I'm testing mod combinations and configurations. I understand if you don't want to change it though. :)

I'm just going to throw this here in case anyone else is momentarily confused like I was:

If you move to this version from the old config file (I found it in the Airplane Plus thread) and think it's broken because all your prop and jet engines vanished - look again.  They're just in their own categories tabs lower down, below the stock tabs.

5 hours ago, fourfa said:

I'm just going to throw this here in case anyone else is momentarily confused like I was:

If you move to this version from the old config file (I found it in the Airplane Plus thread) and think it's broken because all your prop and jet engines vanished - look again.  They're just in their own categories tabs lower down, below the stock tabs.

I wanted to try and place the new categories right under the engines category, but I don't think it's possible :-/. If anyone doesn't want the categories deleting or removing the .cfg extension from the file "gamedata/ajeextended/Categories.cfg" will get rid of them.

The Pratt & Whitney F119 from Airplane Plus doesn't change between dry and wet modes at 66% thrust like the rest of the engines; both modes are configured as independent engines which causes each independent thrust to add up to the other, thus making the engine REALLY OP. Is it configured like this for a reason, or would it be possible to have it work similarly to the rest of the engines? Also, do you think you could add an AL-41F1 (izdeliye 117) as an upgrade to the current AL-31M for Russian aircraft (Su-57 in particular)?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, DownHereInChile said:

The Pratt & Whitney F119 from Airplane Plus doesn't change between dry and wet modes at 66% thrust like the rest of the engines; both modes are configured as independent engines which causes each independent thrust to add up to the other, thus making the engine REALLY OP.

That's, strange. The multimode engine modules should be removed and the engine does have afterburner configured. I.e. it should  work like all the other engines. I'll check and see whats going on.

30 minutes ago, DownHereInChile said:

Also, do you think you could add an AL-41F1 (izdeliye 117) as an upgrade to the current AL-31M for Russian aircraft (Su-57 in particular)?

I'll try to get it done for the next release.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this, much apreciated and the new Jet section is very welcome for easy navigation :)

I can also confirm that i get a "[ModulesrfFX] No iThrustProvider module found at index 2" error when loading the F119 engine from AirplanePLUS.

4 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Thanks for this, much apreciated and the new Jet section is very welcome for easy navigation :)

Thanks. I've been wanting to move aircraft engines to their own categories for awhile. I have a lot of engine mods installed, so scrolling through a million Jets for one rocket, or vice versa, is less than fun.

4 hours ago, Cratzz said:

I can also confirm that i get a "[ModulesrfFX] No iThrustProvider module found at index 2" error when loading the F119 engine from AirplanePLUS.

Yes, for some reason the configs weren't being applied, it took a complete rewrite and a different method of applying the settings to get them to work. I also caught another engine that had the same problem. I've fixed it in my dev version, but the engine effects are messed up. As soon as I've worked out how to get them working I'll release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:22 PM, DownHereInChile said:

How do you create the configs for intakes? I'd love to give these a try on AJE fashion.

It's pretty easy, you just need to add a config patch for each intake part that adds the tweak for the correct type of intake:

Pitot tube, just a basic subsonic intake:

@PART[<Intake part name>]:FOR[AJE]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <put intake area here>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/description$
	}
}

Fixed cone intakes, early style super sonic:

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/description$
	}
}

Adjustable super sonic, like the self adjusting intakes on concorde:

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/description$
	}
}

Diverterless supersonic inlet, state of the art supersonic intakes like those used on the F22 and F35

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/description$
	}
}

-----------

Updates are a little behind, I'm rushed off my feet at the moment. I'm in a stage show and have a book full of lines to learn and not much time for anything else :/.

Edited by Citizen247

18 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It's pretty easy, you just need to add a config patch for each intake part that adds the tweak for the correct type of intake:

Pitot tube, just a basic subsonic intake:

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <put intake area here>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/PitotTube/description$
	}
}

Fixed cone intakes, early style super sonic:

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/FixedCone/description$
	}
}

Adjustable super sonic, like the self adjusting intakes on concorde:

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/description$
	}
}

Diverterless supersonic inlet, state of the art supersonic intakes like those used on the F22 and F35

{
	{
		@name = AJEInlet
		Area = <Intake area>
		#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/title$
		inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/DSI/description$
	}
}

-----------

Updates are a little behind, I'm rushed off my feet at the moment. I'm in a stage show and have a book full of lines to learn and not much time for anything else :/.

Thank you so much, my friend! I'll get to work on it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2018 at 1:21 AM, Citizen247 said:

It looks like the latest version of AJE changed the definition of basic air intakes from "pilottube" to "pitottube". Now fixed and can be downloaded from github:

DOWNLOAD

This change kills compatibility with older versions of AJE also killing compatibility with versions of KSP that can't use the new version.

You may want to make a note that it's only compatible with "AJE version whatever" and up

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.