AJE Extended Configs v2.0.4 - KSP version 1.8+

Citizen247

New Release is (finally) ready. Tested on KSP 1.6.1 but should work on any version the latest version of AJE will run on.
https://github.com/seanyoung247/AJEExtended/releases/tag/v2.0.0

This update is craft breaking. Engine part names have changed, it's advisable to remove AJE-Extended engines from any craft you want to keep before installing. Delete your old AJEExtended folder before installing.

As an initial release, I've tested as much as possible but I can't guarantee there are no bugs hanging around. If you find any please let me know.

The new release uses a templating system and large pre-configured engine database, making it much easier to add engines in future and support other mods. This new system is designed to, ultimately, prevent engines disappearing and breaking craft as part mods are added and removed. Though at the moment this is only partially implemented.

If you have realfuels installed (which you really should if you're using AJE ;)) configured engines have alternative configurations you can select from the right-click menu. For instance, the Rolls-Royce Avon Turbojet can be configured as various versions including the non-afterburning mk101 used by the Canberra Bomber or the ultimate mk302 used by late model English Electric/BAC Lightnings. If realfuels is installed AJE-Extended overrides many AJE engines and hides them to remove clutter in the part menu. All engines will automatically use the correct fuel type (Avgas for piston engines and Kerosene for turbines).

If community category kit is installed AJE parts are moved to custom categories:
Rotary Engines for Rotary Wing
Prop Engines for piston and turboprop
Jet Engines for Turbojets, Turbofans and Ramjets
and Air intakes for, predictable, air intakes.

Currently configured engines:
Piston engines:
Darracq single cylinder 10hp
Dutheil-Chalmers 20hp
Anzani 30hp radial
Anzani 50hp radial
DH-X Nomad
Hispano-Suiza 8Aa
Oberursel U.II
BMW VI
Napier Lion - versions II and VIIA
De Havilland Gipsy Six - De Havilland Gipsy Queen
Bristol Pegasus - versions 2, 18, and 22
Bristol Mercury - versions IX and XV
Shvetsov ASh-25V
Shvetsov ASh-62
Shvetsov ASh-82 - versions 111, 82F, 82FN, and 82T
Nakajima Sakae - versions 12, 21, and 31
Rolls Royce Kestral - Versions IB and V
Klimov M-105 - versions 105, 105PA, and 105PF2
Rolls Royce Merlin - versions XII, 46, and 66
Rolls Royce Griffon - versions 65, 72, 85 and 101
Napier Sabre - versions II, V, VII, and E.118
Bristol Centaurus - versions I, VII, and Mk373
Pratt&Whitney R-1340 Wasp - versions 9, 16, and S1H1-G
Pratt&Whitney R1830 Twin Wasp - versions 1, 13, 86, and 94
Pratt&Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp - versions 10W, 18W, 21, and 63W
Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone - versions 23W, 26W, and TC
Packard Merlin V-1650 - versions 7 and 9
Allison V-1710 - versions 39, 89, and 143
Junkers Jumo 211 - versions 211B, 211F, and 211P
Junkers Jumo 213 - versions 213A and 213E
Daimler-Benz DB605 - versions 601, 605A, and 605AM
Continental IO-550

Turboprops:
Pratt&Whitney Canada PT6 - versions 25, 114A, and 135A
Rolls-Royce T56 - versions 13, 14, and A-427
Garrett TPE331
Kuznetsov NK-12 (NOTE: this engine has been dropped to 11,000hp as higher outputs caused the engine to fail)
Rolls-Royce Tyne - versions Mk1, Mk11, and Mk21
Rolls-Royce Dart - versions RDa.3, RDa.7, RDa.10, and RDa.11
Armstrong Siddeley Double Mamba - versions 1, 3, and 8
Rolls-Royce AE 2100 - versions D2 and D3

Turbojets:
BMW 109-003 - versions A-1, A-2, C, and D
BMW 109-018
Heinkel 109-011a
Junkers Jumo 004 - versions A, B, C, and H
Rolls-Royce Derwent - versions Welland, Derwent-I and Derwent-V
Rolls-Royce Nene - versions Mk.41 and Mk.102
Rolls-Royce Avon - versions Mk101, Mk20, Mk200, Mk205, Mk301, and Mk302
Rolls-Royce Olympus - versions Mk.101, Mk.102, Mk.104, Mk.201, Mk.301, Mk.320, Mk.593
Rolls-Royce Pegasus - versions 6, 10, 11, 11-21, and 11-61
Rolls-Royce Spey - versions Mk.101, Mk.250, Mk.202, Allison TF41-A-1, Allison TF41-A-400
SNECMA Atar - versions 101C, 101D, 101E, 101G, 8C, and 9K-50
Klimov VK-1 - versions VK-1, VK-1A, and VK-1F
Tumansky RD-9 - versions 9 and 9BF
Tumansky R-25
Lyulka AL-7 - versions AL7, AL7-F, and AL7F-1
Pratt&Whitney J52 - versions 6, 8, 408, and 409
Pratt&Whitney J75 - versions 13B, 17, 19, and 19W
Pratt&Whitney J58
GE/Allison J35 - versions 2, 17, 21, and 35
General Electric J47 - versions 1, 15, 27 and 33
General Electric J79 - versions 2, 5, 11, 17, and 119
General Electric J85 - versions 4, 5, 13A, 17, and 21A
General Electric YJ93 

Low-Bypass Turbofans:
SNECMA M53 - versions 2, 5, and P2
SNECMA M88 - versions 2 and 3
Turbo-Union RB199 - versions 101, 103, 104, and 105
Eurojet EJ200
Klimov RD-33 - versions 33 and 33k
Soloviev D-30 - versions 1 and F6
Lyulka AL-31 - versions 31F, 31MF, 41F
General Electric F404 - versions 102 and 402
Pratt&Whitney F100 - versions 100, 200, 229, and 229A
Pratt&Whitney F119 turbofan
Pratt&Whitney F135 - versions 100 and 600

High-Bypass Turbofans:
Williams/Rolls-Royce FJ44 - versions 2A and 3
Progress D-18T
General Electric TF34
Pratt&Whitney JT8D - versions 1, 17R, and 219
CFM56 - versions 2, 3, 5, 5B and 5C
General Electric CF34 - versions 3B, 8C, 8E, 10A, and 10E
General Electric CF6 - versions 6, 50E, 80A, 80C2, and 80E1
General Electric GEnx - versions 1B70, 1B75, 1B76, and 2B67

• 2 weeks later...

New release:
Download

Aimed at adding parts and configs for spaceplanes and SSTOs.

Adds: Reaction Engines Limited SABRE rocket/combined cycle jet engine and a fictional hydrogen burning version of the J58 (available as a realfuels engine config of the J58). These are balanced to their real-world counterparts (as much as possible, there never was a hydrogen burning J58 and the SABRE hasn't been built yet...) so will be OP for a stock Kerbin. They work great in 10x rescales though.

Also adds realfuels/procedural parts fuel tanks for spaceplanes. More expensive than standard tanks with a higher max temperature and between Cryogenic and Balloon cryogenic tanks in mass. Supposed to suggest advanced composite materials and active skin cooling.

I used the SABRE and tank configs to build the SPEARON (Skylon replica):
Airbreathing boost to mach 5.4+ and 28km altitude.
GPfqxgM.png

Initial rocket climbVeVxgd7.png

Releasing a 15t payload in low (450x450km) kerbin orbit.
v2W6w8N.png

Glowing red hot re-entering the upper atmosphere
71peyIU.png

Trailing plasma at 50km and mach 14.
OJ1bP3A.png

It lands well in water as well as land, for when you don't calculate the reentry point correctly...
dFZsi6D.png

Edited by Citizen247

On 5/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, Cratzz said:

Hi, im a little confused as to what mod i should be using. Im playing with Real Fuels & AJE and no other engine mods.

Should i be using this or Stockalike RF Engine Configs? And if i wanted to use Aiplane Plus, what then? Thx.

Yes, to get other engines to work with RF you'll need an engine pack like stockalike. But AJEE configures it's own engines with fuel settings, so all you should need for AJE-Extended engines are Real Fuels, AJE and AJE-Extended.

Edited by Citizen247

I've just noticed that variant themes allows entirely different models to be loaded as variants (rather than just alternative meshes in a single model file). I'm wondering if that would work better than overriding, so a variant switch could, say, switch between SXT and Airplane Plus models for the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine. I'm going to look into it.

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few prop engines that don't seem to properly provide any thrust; it seems like their thrust is somehow being blocked by parts behind them. It's kind of like when you have a rocket or jet engine being blocked by something, and that engine heats up the part behind it instead of providing thrust. 

FnZX0J0.jpg

I've installed AP+, KAX, and SXT, so I've got those respective engine replacements. I haven't tested every engine (or most of them really), but affected engines include the P&W Wasp, the BMW VI, Bristol Mercury, Napier Lion II, Rolls Royce Kestrel, etc.. It seems like it's mostly the lower powered (~250-1000hp) piston engines, as engines like the Double Wasp work fine, however the Hispano-Suiza 8Aa works despite only putting out 150hp. 

Any idea what could be causing this?

On 6/14/2019 at 5:50 AM, BrawlerAce said:

There are a few prop engines that don't seem to properly provide any thrust; it seems like their thrust is somehow being blocked by parts behind them. It's kind of like when you have a rocket or jet engine being blocked by something, and that engine heats up the part behind it instead of providing thrust. 

FnZX0J0.jpg

I've installed AP+, KAX, and SXT, so I've got those respective engine replacements. I haven't tested every engine (or most of them really), but affected engines include the P&W Wasp, the BMW VI, Bristol Mercury, Napier Lion II, Rolls Royce Kestrel, etc.. It seems like it's mostly the lower powered (~250-1000hp) piston engines, as engines like the Double Wasp work fine, however the Hispano-Suiza 8Aa works despite only putting out 150hp. 

Any idea what could be causing this?

Can you provide me with your log file?

9 hours ago, BrawlerAce said:

The immediate issue I can see is that you've got AJE-Extended installed to the root folder: "AJEExtended-2.0.0". It should be just "AJEExtended". I don't think that's the root cause, there's no errors thrown in the log but the new system does have a lot of cross referencing going on so there's the possibility that some references aren't being properly formed.

I have seen issues like this with clipped and tweakscaled parts causing phantom forces, so it might be worth checking nothing like that is occuring here. What version of the game are you running? I'd like to set up a test install on my machine to see if I can replicate the issue. Could you also upload the test craft file?

On 6/16/2019 at 7:01 AM, Citizen247 said:

The immediate issue I can see is that you've got AJE-Extended installed to the root folder: "AJEExtended-2.0.0". It should be just "AJEExtended". I don't think that's the root cause, there's no errors thrown in the log but the new system does have a lot of cross referencing going on so there's the possibility that some references aren't being properly formed.

I have seen issues like this with clipped and tweakscaled parts causing phantom forces, so it might be worth checking nothing like that is occuring here. What version of the game are you running? I'd like to set up a test install on my machine to see if I can replicate the issue. Could you also upload the test craft file?

So I went and changed the name of the folder to AJEExtended. That didn't do anything, but considering most of the other engines already worked, not too shocking. I also removed tweakscale, still had the same issues. I don't believe I have any significant clipping in parts, but the test aircraft I made works fine with the Double Wasp and the 8Aa (as in those two engines provide thrust that make the aircraft move).

Here's the test craft though. I made a test install to see if it was an issue with my modded install too, and for some reason it broke the tweakscale on the back tail, but otherwise it's the same craft. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EQcNPHFtrr5oKr6eZyZPcnBkPdrP4xyd/view

I'm running on KSP 1.7.1.

Ok. I have managed to replicate this issue in some circumstances: it appears KAX engines don't work. I was able to get the lower powered engines (like the Kestral) which use models from other mods to work, but the ones from KAX have the issue where they don't produce thrust and overheat anything they're attached to. I'll look into whether something has changed with regards to the KAX model transforms and get it resolved ASAP.

21 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Ok. I have managed to replicate this issue in some circumstances: it appears KAX engines don't work. I was able to get the lower powered engines (like the Kestral) which use models from other mods to work, but the ones from KAX have the issue where they don't produce thrust and overheat anything they're attached to. I'll look into whether something has changed with regards to the KAX model transforms and get it resolved ASAP.

I don't think that is changed much with KAX model transforms, but it use firespitter plugin for those and there was several changes in firespitter plugin regarding this.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

I don't think that is changed much with KAX model transforms, but it use firespitter plugin for those and there was several changes in firespitter plugin regarding this.

I believe airplane plus and sxt also use firespitter and they work fine, so I think it's got to be something to do with KAX models (or my config setup for them).

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, Citizen247 said:

I believe airplane plus and sxt also use firespitter and they work fine, so I think it's got to be something to do with KAX models (or my config setup for them).

That may be true, however I noticed the R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone and the R-1830 Twin Wasp, both Airplane Plus parts, also have the same issue. Have you tested those engines out?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, BrawlerAce said:

That may be true, however I noticed the R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone and the R-1830 Twin Wasp, both Airplane Plus parts, also have the same issue. Have you tested those engines out?

Hmm. I wasn't able to replicate for the R-1830 but it does appear that the 3350 has the issue.

I think it might be a problem with the transforms. I have some time today so I'll hopefully be able to sort it.

ETA:
Yep, looks like it's a thrusttransform problem, at least for the R3350. That one has an experimental fix on it on my test install and is now working fine. I'm going to try and create a more general patch to see if I can fix all the engines and release ASAP. It's an oversight on my part which I would have thought would stop all piston engines from working. Not sure why some did and others didn't.

Edited by Citizen247

Bug fixes uploaded.

DOWNLOAD

I've not checked every engine, just checked the known broken ones and checked a few of the previously working to see if I've broken anything obvious (with over 200 configs it's a big job). If anyone finds any new or existing unsquashed bugs please let me know.

4 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I've not checked every engine, just checked the known broken ones and checked a few of the previously working to see if I've broken anything obvious (with over 200 configs it's a big job). If anyone finds any new or existing unsquashed bugs please let me know.

I went and tested all the prop engines, and at least on my install, everything looks to be fixed now. Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 6:45 PM, NotAnAimbot said:

Is there any plan to update this mod? The prop engines seem really under powered in 1.8.1

Sorry about the late reply. Just got back to KSP, still short on time ATM.

I'll take a look, but there's no reason I can see they'd be under-powered after a version change. I've done some limited testing with a couple of engines while looking at other things in 1.8.1 and they seemed fine. Can you give me some more information on your setup (do your have FAR installed for instance?).

5 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Sorry about the late reply. Just got back to KSP, still short on time ATM.

I'll take a look, but there's no reason I can see they'd be under-powered after a version change. I've done some limited testing with a couple of engines while looking at other things in 1.8.1 and they seemed fine. Can you give me some more information on your setup (do your have FAR installed for instance?).

Yep, I've got FAR installed. I built roughly a King Air, with two PT-6 and a weight of 5 tons. However, the performance is really inferior, even when I switched for the 950 HP turboprop.

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Yep, I've got FAR installed. I built roughly a King Air, with two PT-6 and a weight of 5 tons. However, the performance is really inferior, even when I switched for the 950 HP turboprop.

I've tested with a few test craft on 1.8.1 and everything I've tested thus far is the same as other versions, so it's basically a balancing issue I think. Specifically, the PT6 configs are largely lifted directly from AJE, so it may be worth asking there as well. Honestly it's really hard to get any prop engines below 1000hp (or above 5000hp) to work anything like correctly. I'll take a look but I can't promise anything. Especially with turboprops, because the only way to do turboprops in AJE is basically to try and get the piston engine simulation to do turboprops.

I'm really not sure what to with turboprops basically. The lower end ones always seem to need a HP boost, but the higher end ones start to break the game.

Edited by Citizen247

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.