AJE Extended Configs v2.0.4 - KSP version 1.8+

Citizen247

I'm not 100% sure if it's this mod is even responsible, but my Shock Cone Intake is 3.75m in diameter, and the log calls it AJEE.SQD.SABRE.Intake. So far the only mention I found of it is in the Templates folder under Exotics. Is there a way to get the original shock cone intake, or allow it to be resized down to a level where it can be used on a MiG-21 or A-12 style plane? (both of those being only 1m and 1.3m wide)

18 hours ago, AfterLyfe said:

I'm not 100% sure if it's this mod is even responsible, but my Shock Cone Intake is 3.75m in diameter, and the log calls it AJEE.SQD.SABRE.Intake. So far the only mention I found of it is in the Templates folder under Exotics. Is there a way to get the original shock cone intake, or allow it to be resized down to a level where it can be used on a MiG-21 or A-12 style plane? (both of those being only 1m and 1.3m wide)

The larger intake is a new part added using the normal intake as a template, the normal sized one should still be there.

Edited by Citizen247

8 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

The larger intake is a new part added using the normal intake as a template, the normal sized one should still be there.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm honestly not sure what's happening then. I installed it through CKAN. KSP 1.9.1

Removing your mod fixes the problem, and the part is there. Re-installing it only gives me the 3.75m intake (which is still sorted under the 1.25m parts - Size 1).

Re-installed it through github. No change.

Edited by AfterLyfe

On 6/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, AfterLyfe said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm honestly not sure what's happening then. I installed it through CKAN. KSP 1.9.1

Removing your mod fixes the problem, and the part is there. Re-installing it only gives me the 3.75m intake (which is still sorted under the 1.25m parts - Size 1).

Re-installed it through github. No change.

What mods do you have installed?

The parts get their sizes from the original part, it's something I've been meaning to look at. For most parts it doesn't make much sense but when it's going up to 3m+ from 1.25m I should really adjust it.

22 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

What mods do you have installed?

The parts get their sizes from the original part, it's something I've been meaning to look at. For most parts it doesn't make much sense but when it's going up to 3m+ from 1.25m I should really adjust it.

I tried using a clean install. Just installed FAR, AJE, and AJEE. (Including all the dependencies through CKAN). Issue persists.

Here's a KSP.log if it can help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wczc6c5xxela7yj/KSP.log?dl=0

On 6/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, AfterLyfe said:

I tried using a clean install. Just installed FAR, AJE, and AJEE. (Including all the dependencies through CKAN). Issue persists.

Here's a KSP.log if it can help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wczc6c5xxela7yj/KSP.log?dl=0

So you have community category kit installed? On s cursory glance I can see my patches for it being applied, but no other reference to it. I'm wondering if you can't see some parts because they're having their categories removed but not being sorted by CCK.

17 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

So you have community category kit installed? On s cursory glance I can see my patches for it being applied, but no other reference to it. I'm wondering if you can't see some parts because they're having their categories removed but not being sorted by CCK.

It is installed on my full install. I did not have it installed on the clean (test) install.

@Citizen247 I think we have a clue here.

This is the MMConfigCache you provided over on RealFuels ...

This is the MMConfigCache from my KSP.log ...

I thing my errors are because of failed patching.

I'm looking into it further.  Let you know.

Nevermind, my fail.  

Edited by TranceaddicT

On 6/21/2020 at 12:46 PM, Citizen247 said:

I found the issue with this because I also ran into this when I was making a modpack. In AJEExtended/Templates/Exotics/AJE-Exotic-Templates.cfg, it looks like you edited the existing shock cone intake instead of copying it like I assume you intended to. (@ instead of +)

@PART[shockConeIntake]:NEEDS[AJE&!SXT&!B9_Aerospace]:FOR[AJEEXTENDED]
{
	@name = AJEE_SQD_SABRE_Intake

1 hour ago, BrawlerAce said:

I found the issue with this because I also ran into this when I was making a modpack. In AJEExtended/Templates/Exotics/AJE-Exotic-Templates.cfg, it looks like you edited the existing shock cone intake instead of copying it like I assume you intended to. (@ instead of +)

{

That's weird. I could have sworn it was still in my install. I'll get it fixed asap. Thanks.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, BrawlerAce said:

{

This fixed my problem. Thank you!

Pack up your troubles

2.0.5 is up.

Added:

Liberty L12 configs, part, model and sound effects.

This is the first part to added new models.

Bug fixes:

Fixed squad shock cone intake being overwritten by the exotics patch if SXT or B9 Aerospace mods are not installed.

This doesn't add much, more of an interim update really. I ideally wanted to have some more models and parts added, but didn't want a bugfix to be left waiting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I'd drop a note. I'm sorry I've not been around for awhile, that's a situation that may continue until the end of the year I'm afraid. I've been given an overseas assignment and I'm currently in Florida, which is quite different from the UK... In any event moving to a new country, starting a new job there and trying to deal with a course is a great deal of work. It doesn't leave much time left over for modding. If there's any issues with current code please feel free to message me and I'll do me best to solve issues, but I can't promise any new features for awhile.

• 2 months later...

Hello. This is an amazing mod and I feel that switching up how propeller engines work in KSP in such a fashion is an idea that cannot be more welcome.

However, you may wish to consider that, by switching to horsepower, you are effectively breaking the system used by KSP to determine flight time, thrust-to-weight, and other important factors. This greatly reduces the usability of the mod, as the user does not have any information about the engine they are using.

Furthermore, as an engine's sole purpose is to accelerate an object, the most useful measurement for an engine is thrust, and the most important measurement for an object with an applied engine is thrust-to-weight ratio. Providing the power of an engine is meaningless: if I told a KSP user that a rocket engine outputs a certain number of Watts, this would mean absolutely nothing.

Yes, a propeller engine rotates, but the end result of this rotation is always thrust in a certain regime. The action required to generate thrust, be it the expulsion of gas, rotation of aerodynamic surfaces, or standing on one leg and barking three times, does not mean anything when asking the question "can I accelerate this object".

To add to this, information on fuel consumption, at least at a standstill at sea level and 100% mixture, is enigmatically not included in the engine parameters. One would assume this is an important piece of information, given that many pilots meticulously plan fuel consumption for every flight down to the liter.

Again, I do not mean to discredit your work. AJE Extended has always been used and will continue to be used by me in the future. I am simply wondering why, as of now, one has to guess when using piston engines.

Edited by Matuchkin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm interested into changing the base config of the piston engine to also use aTURD as it use airplane plus texture and model to clone a realistic engine it is possible to set it to also incorporate that... Can anyone help me set uo the config file for this? I really love this AJEE mod but would really love it to customize my engine more with awesome textures. I found the part config and template folder but which do I change etc 

It is the AJEE_3350DC.cfg engine 

Looking forward for your reply

Edited by Vlakater

how can I change the engine colours? using TURD of course for the AJEExtended\Engines\Piston\AJEE_R3350DC.cfg engine that clones the AirplanePlus Duplexcyclone part and uses its textures  i would like to know how it can use the Textures Unlimited Recolour depot for Airplane Plus also

On 12/1/2020 at 10:44 PM, Matuchkin said:

Again, I do not mean to discredit your work. AJE Extended has always been used and will continue to be used by me in the future. I am simply wondering why, as of now, one has to guess when using piston engines.

This is an extension to AJE, which is the background engine that makes AJE-E work. Since AJE is a mod aimed at realism it focuses on realistic parameters. Thrust is an emergent property depending on the power of the engine and its operating conditions and environment, and so, with AJE, you can't know what the thrust will be until the engine simulation is running. Similar reasoning for fuel consumption.

In any event what fields are shown is a decision of the AJE mod, not AJE-E.

If all you want is more KSP engines that work the same as pre-existing KSP engines, this mod is not that I'm afraid. Given the modular nature of the configs and the way the engines are constructed it's conceivable that non-AJE configs could be added and applied if AJE isn't installed, but I personally have no interest in creating them.

Edited by Citizen247

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm playing KSP 1.10.1 with AJE 2.15.0

I have installed AJE Extended 2.0.5 and *PUFF!!!* the Small Circular Intake (0.625m) gone from SPH parts list

Log attached

Tried the AJE Extended 2.0.4 - same thing

Without this mod the AJE seem to be TOTALLY useless (trust is almost ZERO)

Edited by Nik Power

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 8:53 AM, Nik Power said:

Hi, I'm playing KSP 1.10.1 with AJE 2.15.0

I have installed AJE Extended 2.0.5 and *PUFF!!!* the Small Circular Intake (0.625m) gone from SPH parts list

Log attached

Tried the AJE Extended 2.0.4 - same thing

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you. I'm not on the forums much at the moment and I've stopped getting email updates for some reason.

The only thing I can think of is that AJE-E removes categories from parts if CCK is installed, and moves them to various custom categories. A quick look at your log indicates the "miniIntake" part is getting the categories patch and that CCK is installed. Are you sure you're looking in the right place (i.e. under the new CCK intakes category)?

The CCK patch is the only one AJE-E runs on the miniIntake part as it is configured already by AJE. For fault finding you can try temporarily removing the "Categories.cfg" file from the AJEExtended mod directory to see if the part reappears.

• 2 months later...

figure i should cross post this here. having an issue with engines configured by AJE extended using liquid hydrogen fuel, instead of LF when not using real fuels. still trying to track down what is exactly going on

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 3:53 AM, Nik Power said:

I can't remember if this was the issue/fix I encountered in 1.8.1, but installing SolverEngines (an AJE dependency) directly might fix this issue. Make sure to replace the preexisting mod (as it is bundled with AJE).

Edited by Iodyne

• 2 weeks later...

This is a truly amazing collection, kudos! I'm glad to see all the work I put in to modeling piston engines sees some good use. Let me know if any of the config options are weird (or you run into holes that should be covered / find bugs / etc).

Also, there's two relevant updates coming that should be of interest. First, AJE is getting a new release shortly (fixes in master already). It includes two big changes. There were some lingering issues with piston engines (namely that they didn't cut out with next to no air, which was not great; and they didn't account for mach drag on the rotor disc, which I had turned off back in 1.1 or so in the expectation that FAR's transonic rewrite would account for it, but it turned out not to and I never turned it back on). Also, AJE didn't model centrifugal flow turbojets different from axial-flow. I've now added isCentrifugalFlow as a field you can set. That enables a couple curves, centrifugalFlowMachEtaCurve and centrifugalFlowMachTPRCurve which have (IMO) sensible values, but are of course settable. They are respectively a multiplier to compressor efficiency and of pressure recovery at compressor intake, each as a function of mach number.

Second, last night I discovered a bug with FAR which @dkavoliskindly fixed immediately: prop rotor discs (and all other excluded transforms) were not in fact being excluded from voxelization. That's fixed in FAR's master, and will go out in the next release.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:47 AM, NathanKell said:

This is a truly amazing collection, kudos! I'm glad to see all the work I put in to modeling piston engines sees some good use. Let me know if any of the config options are weird (or you run into holes that should be covered / find bugs / etc).

Also, there's two relevant updates coming that should be of interest. First, AJE is getting a new release shortly (fixes in master already). It includes two big changes. There were some lingering issues with piston engines (namely that they didn't cut out with next to no air, which was not great; and they didn't account for mach drag on the rotor disc, which I had turned off back in 1.1 or so in the expectation that FAR's transonic rewrite would account for it, but it turned out not to and I never turned it back on). Also, AJE didn't model centrifugal flow turbojets different from axial-flow. I've now added isCentrifugalFlow as a field you can set. That enables a couple curves, centrifugalFlowMachEtaCurve and centrifugalFlowMachTPRCurve which have (IMO) sensible values, but are of course settable. They are respectively a multiplier to compressor efficiency and of pressure recovery at compressor intake, each as a function of mach number.

Second, last night I discovered a bug with FAR which @dkavoliskindly fixed immediately: prop rotor discs (and all other excluded transforms) were not in fact being excluded from voxelization. That's fixed in FAR's master, and will go out in the next release.

I'll take a look, I'm getting back after a big absence due to "life". I think the only thing I could possibly desire from base AJE is a turboprop config, rather than trying to hammer piston engines to due turboprop engines. I keep meaning to have a look myself but the code is a little beyond me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.