Satellite launch business

Artoria

Spaceflight companies (SpaceX, ULA, etc.) make profit by launching satellite/cargo into space. They usually receive fully assembled satellite and all they should do is to just design a rocket that can place that satellite into the designated orbit.

I think there should be a mod which enables satellite launch contracts to provide different kinds of pre-assembled satellites that vary in weight, size and so on. Heavier satellite will require a stronger engine and more fuel to burn which increases overall cost and difficulty in designing a rocket.

I don't know much about the coding behind the satellite contracts but it seems that the location where the satellite should be sent to is random. Isn't it reasonable to have high demands of satellite launches into the orbit of Kerbin and less as it moves farther away?

I think it will be just be to easy money because in my career game I have rocket from 3.5 t payload all the way up tp 61 t payload rocket so to do that contract you will only need to take the satellite, put it on top of the rocket and launch . Seems a bit easy cash which could reduce the fun in career mode due to lack of funds maangement.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:42 PM, Artoria said:

Spaceflight companies (SpaceX, ULA, etc.) make profit by launching satellite/cargo into space. They usually receive fully assembled satellite and all they should do is to just design a rocket that can place that satellite into the designated orbit.

I think there should be a mod which enables satellite launch contracts to provide different kinds of pre-assembled satellites that vary in weight, size and so on. Heavier satellite will require a stronger engine and more fuel to burn which increases overall cost and difficulty in designing a rocket.

I don't know much about the coding behind the satellite contracts but it seems that the location where the satellite should be sent to is random. Isn't it reasonable to have high demands of satellite launches into the orbit of Kerbin and less as it moves farther away?

You can do something like this with the Contract Configurator add-on where you define your own contracts.  There is a way for synchronous orbit satellites to have a "be above a particular point" criteria, but I didn't use it.

(I use CC in my add-on to generate orbital contracts.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.