[KSP 1.4.1] Node Alert 1.2.0 - Never forget your maneuver again

NepalRAWR

Node Alert 1.2.0 for KSP 1.4.1

Requires Kerbal Engineer Redux by cybutek

The Mod plays an alarm sound everytime you are close to the burn start (1/2 burn time) and stops the timewarp. If the burn is close to completion it plays another alert. It requires KerbalEngineerRedux because it has better predictions than stock and I use the KER predictions.

If you enable the KAC Alarm Mode you can press a button to create an KAC alarm  with 3 - 60 seconds margin before the burn and warp to the alarm. It is similar to the stock "Warp to next maneuver" but it accounts the KER burn time. (The warp will stop at KER burntime + Margin). Requires Kerbal Alarm Clock by TriggerAu.

Features

• Automatic alert at the start of the maneuver burn
  • Automatic timewarp stop
  • Alert at the end of the maneuver burn
  • KAC Alarm mode: Similar to "Warp to next maneuver" but accounts for KER burn time and has a smaller margin (Requires Kerbal Alarm Clock)
  • Customizable settings 

Pictures & Videos

r3A6ciB.png

Download & Source Code

GitHub(with source code)

SpaceDock

Or get it via CKAN

Changelog

Spoiler

• Some Changes in the Warp stopping system, it should work now with BetterTimeWarp HyperWarp

• Added KAC Mode: Use the button to create an KAC alarm  with 3 - 60 seconds margin before the burn and warp to the alarm (Activate in settings). It is similar to the stock "Warp to next maneuver" but it accounts the KER burn time.
  • Some changes to the warp decrease system

• works with KSP 1.4.1

License
The mod is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

Edited by NepalRAWR
update 1.1.0

So after some short testing, I couldn't get it to actually proc an alarm for my maneuver nodes. (I do have KER, yes.) The icon shows up, as does the settings menu.

Is it possible it's conflicting with something else? Kerbal Alarm Clock maybe? I tried toggling it on/off as well, no luck.

Looks like on top of being your first customer, I'm your first bug-report! Lol. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

So after some short testing, I couldn't get it to actually proc an alarm for my maneuver nodes. (I do have KER, yes.) The icon shows up, as does the settings menu.

Is it possible it's conflicting with something else? Kerbal Alarm Clock maybe? I tried toggling it on/off as well, no luck.

Looks like on top of being your first customer, I'm your first bug-report! Lol. :wink:

It worked as I tested it with my modded game and it worked ( i had KAC installed too). What do you have for other mods installed? And does it stop warp or does it nothing?

8 minutes ago, NepalRAWR said:

It worked as I tested it with my modded game and it worked ( i had KAC installed too). What do you have for other mods installed? And does it stop warp or does it nothing?

Yeah, I can see from the vid that it works, I have quite a few mods installed; none that I would think would conflict with what this does though off the top of my head.

Nope, doesn't stop warp, doesn't play a sound. Hmm...maybe Better Time Warp is the culprit?

I'll put up a full mod-list under the spoiler.

Spoiler

hbLY4JS.png

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Phil Kerman said:

Does it stop warp if you´re on another vessel? 

I think what you want is this: 

You can set an alarm on a manoeuver node, a ascending/descending node, apoapsis, periapsis etc.

44 minutes ago, NepalRAWR said:

@Rocket In My Pocket I think it should work now with HyperWarp

I'll check it out!

UPDATE: Nope, still no dice. Doesn't work for me when doing any kind of time-warping, I'll try removing Better Time Warp to see if it's still conflicting.

UPDATE 2: No luck, even removing BTW doesn't fix the problem, must be conflicting with some other mod. Don't lose any sleep over it though, no big deal. My fault for having too many mods lol. I'm more trying to help you locate the conflict than I am complaining.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

UPDATE: Nope, still no dice. Doesn't work for me when doing any kind of time-warping, I'll try removing Better Time Warp to see if it's still conflicting.

UPDATE 2: No luck, even removing BTW doesn't fix the problem, must be conflicting with some other mod. Don't lose any sleep over it though, no big deal. My fault for having too many mods lol. I'm more trying to help you locate the conflict than I am complaining.

Ok then I dont know what I could do. Sorry that it didnt work :( but thanks for the help :)

Update 1.1.0

- Added KAC Mode: Use the button to create an KAC alarm  with 3 - 60 seconds margin before the burn and warp to the alarm (Activate in settings). It is similar to the stock "Warp to next maneuver" but it accounts the KER burn time. The KAC alarm will be automatically deleted.
- Some changes to the warp decrease system

• 4 weeks later...

So went to try this, and it seems that when the Active Vessel becomes destroyed, an NRE is constantly being thrown in MainClass (also couldn't return to the Space Centre)

My guess is this is the culprit:

if (!Settings.KACAlarmMode && GUIHandler.ButtonPressed && !DataManager.Scene(GameScenes.SPACECENTER) && FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver.maneuverNodes.Count > 0)

ActiveVessel would be null if the craft is destroyed, so trying to call it's patchedConicSolver will throw an exception.

• 1 month later...

Update 1.2.0

- works now with KSP 1.4.1

On 15.2.2018 at 4:32 PM, severedsolo said:

So went to try this, and it seems that when the Active Vessel becomes destroyed, an NRE is constantly being thrown in MainClass (also couldn't return to the Space Centre)

My guess is this is the culprit:

if (!Settings.KACAlarmMode && GUIHandler.ButtonPressed && !DataManager.Scene(GameScenes.SPACECENTER) && FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver.maneuverNodes.Count > 0)

ActiveVessel would be null if the craft is destroyed, so trying to call it's patchedConicSolver will throw an exception.

Sorry for the late reply I didnt see your answer but I cant reproduce it. If I destroy my vessel there is no NRE. I tried to crash my vessel with maneuver node andwithout but nothing is being thrown... Maybe I understood something wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.