Apologies if in the wrong area for this.

i was wondering two things. Why don't the landing legs have deploy limit options?

Additionally, I attempted to add a line into the landing gear cfg, but it appears it made no difference. So where would I add this it if possible at all? Also would it be possible to add in a min as well as a max deployment.

Stock landing leg options really need an overhaul. They are so flimsy.

I built my own pop-out Falcon 9 style landing legs the other day; they start folded, decouple and rotate down via action group when you hit G, and then lock into place. Fantastic impact resistance and no tipovers.

Stock landing legs in general kinda suck unless you have a really lightweight lander. So for 1.25m and maybe 2.5m small landers, it works. Beyond that not really.

A look-a-like question was asked a few days ago to, someone posted a config there so the gear would have deploylimits too. 

But indeed, wheels, gears, etc, are quite dangerous in KSP and difficult to modify or work with.

Edited by DrLicor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.