Star Wars The Fans Strike Back

Cheif Operations Director

Sequel Trilogy   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like the Sequel Trilogy so far

They're decent. Sure, they're flawed. But pretending that the original trilogy was perfect is inaccurate. The only real issue I would say they have is a severe lack of time per character. The story they want to tell would be better suited in a longer format. Maybe a mini-series? 

I actually really like the sequels (as of now, who knows what Episode IX will bring). The two movies we have so far have combined the best factors of the Original and Prequel trilogies: the good writing and story of the OT, along with the amazing visuals of the Prequels. The use of suspense, twists, and emotional weight is also well done IMO. Don’t get me wrong - both films are not without flaws, and there are a few little things I don’t like, but overall I find both films to be quite good. 

Ok here is another problem I have found with the Last Jedi. Of Rey's sole purpose in the galaxy is a counter-balance to Kylo Ren... Then when he dies will Rey die. She has no reason left right. Or will Disney instantly contradict themselves... again with what their doing and then. Now that the light has triumphed it doesn't need balance. If she is so powerful only to beat Kylo Ren the second the lightsaber goes though him she should also die. Her purpose is done right? Then what, or is their no reasonable explanation for her powers EXCEPT SHE IS A MARY SUE, GARY STU, WHATEVER.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

SHE IS A MARY SUE, GARY STU, WHATEVER.

Milli Rey
because

11 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Rey's sole purpose in the galaxy is a counter-balance to Kylo Ren

So, she is kylo-1 = milli

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.