Rellay Antena

Hello,

I am having difficulties understanding how to build a relay network with a relay antenna. I am additionally using RemoteTech as I always have, but for me the confusion lies in understanding the relay antenna because there is practically 0 resources on them and the only explanations are irrelevant to me as they only cover signal strength.

I used to build satellites with directional antennae. So there would be 1 target at KSC, 1 at active vessel and 2 at the other satellites in orbit (with the last 2 not being necessary anymore). So you had to have an antenna target a satellite and the satellite target the active vessel in order to make a connection. And a separate antenna target KSC to make a connection between KSC and the satellite.

Now my question that is not answered anywhere is: does a single relay antenna replace all of those? Do I just target Kerbin with the relay antenna and when an active vessel targets the satellite it will automatically bounce off the antenna to KSC?

5 minutes ago, HellDuke said:

Now my question that is not answered anywhere is: does a single relay antenna replace all of those

Not if you‘re using remote tech, remote tech doesn’t have „relay antennas“, they’re a stock thing. For the stock Commnet, a single relay antenna is suficccient.

Also, don‘t confuse them with Rally Antennas, they‘re made for Rally Cars.

Edited by Physics Student

In Stock, relay antennas have the ability to further extend your communication network and ask as a Node between the Control Point (KSC or Remote) and your active craft. In Remote tech all antennas have that ability.

Now if you want a antenna, in Remote Tech, that don't need to have a target to work what are you looking for is a Omnidirectional antennas. You find a list of the antennas in remote tech and their stats in this link. Notice that it don't even mention which ones are relay since that is not a thing in RT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.