I can't find the Ice Caps

Funtime60

I have a contract asking me to go to the Kerbin Ice Caps but I can only find the Ice Shelves. I know they exist as I flew over them on a sandbox world once but I can't find them again. I can't find anything online either. HELP! does anyone have coordinates for Kerbin Ice Caps!

8 hours ago, NSEP said:

What exactly was the problem? Did you have to go deeper?

I was visiting the southern ice shelf yesterday(the smooth part of the white polar region), and it covers the entire pole, the ice cap is just a smallish part over by the side(the white part that is not perfectly flat) near the tundra(a non-white part that is not flat)

I also noticed that if you follow the runway, you get to the water before switching from KSC to Shore, but if you turn north, you get plenty of shore biome before hitting the water.

If you have an advanced autopilot, you should be able to look at kerbnet to find a biome if you are close to it, but for planning I find that the SCANsat mod is invaluble(at least once you have put a scanning satellite in orbit to generate the maps) 

I found a map online finally, it just wasn't labelled I guessed that an area marked south of the northern Ice shelf was an Ice cap and used Hyperedit and kerbal engineer redux to test it. it's at lat 75 lon -120 if anyone needs it. it does extend closer to the KSC than that but this was the point that I remembered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.