[Mod Friendly] Kerbal RC Park (share your crafts!)

Dimas152

so off-duty kerbals got bored recently
some of them decided to make down-scaled aircrafts
maybe you can build them some?
RULES :
1. no tweakscale >:) 
2. EDIT : no cockpits comseats, cockpits allowed for aesthetics on huge planes
3. give craft sauce
4. have fun

(i decided to make a racing challenge SOON)

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

jgsIwU0.png

P2heegE.png

The X-68 "Interceptor Test Bed" or ITB for short, is a big RC plane that was originally created for aerodynamics testing, for a next gen carrier interceptor program.

All the people involved where quite impressed with how the plane seemed to be able to do anything it was asked to do, and how it was able to manouver around any obstacle the KSC was able throw at it.

After the program ended, some of our engineers sto...erm asked if they could keep the ITB and turn it into the best RC park flyer in all of Kerbin.

It has kept our wannabe fly-boys entertained during their coffee-brakes for a long time.

Unfortunetly the ITB has lost it's edge and doesn't fly like it used to.

RlAnGUQ.png

fwjvZPe.png

This model fighter was designed by one our retro enthusiast engineers to have a bit of fun with.

It's the best of the three in terms of maneuverability, and overall fun factor.

Oh, and there's this as-well.

Y2lp4Zd.png

vgP2G7w.png

This one is a very large RC plane that was done as a recreation of an old aircraft type that never got made, but witch had full blueprints in the storage vault.

The blueprints where for an improved "protected cargo plane" that was supposed to replace the aging Raven transports.

The air-arm didn't have a need for such a large transport, nor did they feel the need to arm them, so the project was cancelled.

The model plane has featured in many airshows and exhibits.

Here's a download link for those who want to try them out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnzra63g3muhm7n/Mini planes KSP.zip?dl=0

Edited by kapteenipirk
more stuff added

9 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

jgsIwU0.png

The X-68 "Interceptor Test Bed" or ITB for short, is a big RC plane that was originally created for aerodynamics testing, for a next gen carrier interceptor program.

All the people involved where quite impressed with how the plane seemed to be able to do anything it was asked to do, and how it was able to manouver around any obstacle the KSC was able throw at it.

After the program ended, some of our engineers sto...erm asked if they could keep the ITB and turn it into the best RC park flyer in all of Kerbin.

It has kept our wannabe fly-boys entertained during their coffee-brakes for a long time.

Sorry i don't have any picks of it flying, but i can tell you that it is amazing to fly, and just SO much fun.

I also have a single engined prop plane done in this scale as-well. I'll try to find it after i get out of school and provide some more pics and download links.

Oh, and there's this as-well.

Y2lp4Zd.png

This one is a very large RC plane that was done as a recreation of an old aircraft type that never got made, but witch had full blueprints in the storage vault.

The blueprints where for an improved "protected cargo plane" that was supposed to replace the aging Raven transports.

The air-arm didn't have a need for such a large transport, nor did they feel the need to arm them, so the project was cancelled.

The model plane has featured in many airshows and exhibits.

oh boi they looks so realistic
i almost thought they're big lmao

wait, craft sauce plox?

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.