Roads to Duna: Reddit Challenge Week 149

Gordon Fecyk

I watched @Matt Lowne's Hard Mode submission for the Reddit Roads to Duna challenge and wondered if I could do the same thing with a space plane. And not just launching the same space plane five times, but launching that thing once, and servicing it at each landing.

Channeling my inner @Cupcake..., I came up with this. I'm still uploading as I post this and I have two copyright disputes to submit, so please bear with any delays.

Matt's the trail blazer though; the module design is almost all his. But think about what that crew has to do each time you hit that Launch button. Not to mention @Thrimm's original LTS Kestrel design made this possible.

Remarkably, after recovering all support craft and crew, the mission cost less than the space plane used to send it up there. But I'd rather not spend four days of off-time making another one of these... where does Cupcake Landers get the time to do these?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.