[1.12] Speed Unit Annex — enhanced navball panel, contextually! (2021-12-17)

flart

• 2 weeks later...

So they will add Ap/Pe and AGL readouts in the 1.7.

I still think that AGL and speed readouts in one place is more convenient than lurking top/bottom/top/bottom of the screen when you are landing,
also I already have an option for disabling AGL.
Maybe I will update a calculation for strictly matching to the future stock, or opposite, adopt an advanced calculation for showing distance to the lowest point of the vessel.

Not sure what to do with Ap/Pe/Time, the stock version will be nearby on the screen but you still need to press a button to summon it. 
Most likely an option for disabling will be added.

Edited by flart

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.3.5

• FAR compatibility (supports at least FAR v0.15.10.0 "Lundgren")
  • Options for disable the orbit Ap/Pe or the time readouts separately
  • Recompile for 1.7
  • Fix Radar Altimeter: landed on a splashed vessel
  • Added all missing SI prefixes: peta-, exa-, zetta-, yotta-
    Also KSP has "X", probably the "xennameter", but it is an unofficial SI prefix
Edited by flart

10 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Does this still work for 1.6.1?

you can see in the title, it works for ksp 1.4 - ksp 1.7.

Almost every mod, compiled against any ksp >1.4 works on any ksp >1.4, with some notable exception, like kopernicus.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

@flart Seems your mod is incompatible with Vertikal Speed Indicator. Fruitgoose took a look, and it seems it is not possible to address from his end. Perhaps it might not be too difficult to fix from yours? There is some discussion on what the problem is on the first page of the VSI thread:

@Errol Yes, I was implementing this feature, when I discovered the Vertikal Speed Indicator, but later held release, because wanted to playtesting a little bit, but never was getting there.
You can check a prerelease on github now. By default the option is disabled.
https://github.com/yalov/SpeedUnitAnnex/releases

Do you find it useful for every not-landed VesselTypes  in SurfaceMode as it is now in the Vertikal Speed Indicator, or I could limit the option for some  VesselTypes  and Sitiation. 
Based on the description of the VSI, feature is intended mostly for Landers.

Edited by flart

Version 1.3.9 

• option in the Surface mode: while descending the color of speed become red.
       (idea from the Vertikal Speed Indicator)
  • option in the Surface mode: split surface speed to horizontal and vertical components

Both options are disabled by default, and irrespective to vesseltype or situation for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.4.0

• new option: in the Target mode, while retrograde to target, the color of speed become red.
  • new option: in the Target mode, split speed into 2 components: 
    • signed projection on the direction to target 
    • unsigned leftover (speed on the surface orthogonal to line to the target)
  • restructure settings in 3 columns

• 2 months later...

"Split target speed into 2 components" is useful when you maneuvering (docking/capturing) using RCS,
but not so useful when you are rendezvousing and killing target speed, so

Version 1.4.1
 * new option for splitting target speed into 2 components only if RCS is enabled

35 minutes ago, flart said:

On the Flight or KSC scene press Escape, then "Difficulty Options", and then Speed Unit Annex - all settings placed there.

hi, thanks found the settings. however i can't find a way to show different speed units for surface mode? for example i want to see ground speed in MPH. is this possible?

7 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

for example i want to see ground speed in MPH. is this possible?

change settings for rover or airplane to mph, and set type of the vessel to rover or airplane, then you will have mph on the top line

On 1/15/2018 at 7:48 PM, flart said:

The main xx.x m/s line is still there, the mod adds (annexes) some new speed units and helpful values to the top line

7 hours ago, flart said:

change settings for rover or airplane to mph, and set type of the vessel to rover or airplane, then you will have mph on the top line

ok ill try this.

suggestion: allow different speed units displayed for more than just rover or airplane. its cool to see how fast your rocket is going in MPH (as a yank)

Edited by dresoccer4

• 2 months later...

Version 1.4.2

• new option: Display EVA Propellant instead of Kerbal Name (disabled by default)

The update is mostly intended for the ARP users. The ARP is not showing the EVA Propellant now.

Version 1.4.3

• new option: in the Surface mode, Display Rover speedometer for all "other" types: Ship, Lander, Probe, Relay, Base, etc ( @dresoccer4 suggestion)

Edited by flart

• 3 weeks later...

The .version file and CKAN both list this as supporting KSP 1.8.0-1.12.9 but I tried version 1.4.3 on KSP 1.10.1 for RP-1 and it spammed the error log trying to call KerbalEVA.HasJetpack or something like that which didn't exist. Sorry but I forgot to copy the log file before I started KSP again. I suspect it doesn't support any version prior to the introduction of the Jetpack part.

25 minutes ago, Arrowmaster said:

The .version file KSP 1.8.0-1.12.9
spammed the error
I suspect it doesn't support any version prior to the introduction of the Jetpack part.

yes, though with the disabled by default EVA Propellant option, it is not supposed to be spam error.

I changed min_ksp to 1.11.0 in the v1.4.2 and v1.4.3 in the github releases, will it be updated on CKAN @HebaruSan ?

Edited by flart

24 minutes ago, flart said:

I changed min_ksp to 1.11.0 in the v1.4.2 and v1.4.3 in the github releases, will it be updated on CKAN @HebaruSan ?

v1.4.3 was updated automatically a few minutes ago:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/commit/75e3003f9b3c26abb6828fc8ba792fa722f1cfc8

v1.4.2 will need to be updated manually. I will do that shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.