What do you guys drink while playing or do you drink at all? 

GregOrmay

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Water.  Monster.  Sometimes some variation of Mountain Dew.

I don't drink alcohol.

Something tells me that alcohol might be a better idea than Monster or Mountain Dew, though it obviously depends on quantity. Water is by far the best option.

21 minutes ago, ARS said:

Honey, especially when mixed with lime

Other than that, maybe just tea

You know, both of those will be excellent things to have on long space missions, as both last a long time in storage and tea is low mass and easy to prepare, requiring only water. I can see it now: a pair of Mars colonists sitting at a table chatting in the evening, looking out the window, sipping tea with honey and munching on roasted crickets.

/tan(90)

Edited by cubinator

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

You know, both of those will be excellent things to have on long space missions, as both last a long time in storage and tea is low mass and easy to prepare, requiring only water. I can see it now: a pair of Mars colonists sitting at a table chatting in the evening, looking out the window, sipping tea with honey and munching on roasted crickets.

/tan(90)

I'd rather eat hot pockets... SPACE POCKETS!

43 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Does yogurt count?

Bad milk, yeah.

Don't drink alcohol at all or anything possibly mind-altering. Just some mineral water or hot tea. Or some other stuff (like ginger, milk and such). Don't really drink coffee either, it's now useless for me and I could be hurt if I do it improperly. Packaged beverages here is bloody sweet, from tea to cola to juices to "refreshing" drinks (people here seems to prefer really sweet things), I don't like them.

4 hours ago, ARS said:

Honey, especially when mixed with lime

Won't that just be homeopathic cough medicine ? XD

Edited by YNM

Coffea arabica. Expresso roasting.

Heated in an HPV(high pressure vessel :-)) and mixed exactly 5 to 1 with oxydiser fresh milk.

Gives quite a bit of thrust with a reasonable isp.

:-)

Edited by Green Baron
the r jumped over the u

24 minutes ago, YNM said:

Won't that just be homeopathic cough medicine ? XD

I don't know, but back then when I tasted it for the first time, I love it. It is basically my equivalent of tea when it isn't available

13 hours ago, Camacha said:

Something tells me that alcohol might be a better idea than Monster or Mountain Dew, though it obviously depends on quantity. Water is by far the best option.

Oh, I know.  I've tried to quit caffeine several times.  Longest I lasted was 3 months.  Then I'd have a bad, draggy day, end up having some low caffeine tea or something, then it snowballs.  Part of the Monster problem is actually the taste.  The tea based ones, and the Pipeline Punch, taste really good.  The tea ones are also only 20 calories a can.  I wish they would make caffeine free Monster...

As for alcohol possibly being better... no.  Not for me.  I've been drunk a total of one time, on my 21st birthday.  I've had about 4 drinks total in the 9 years since that.  It was a rather depressive night, and I haven't enjoyed any of the drinks since then.  I just have no desire for alcohol.

If I drank alcohol while KSPing, I'd likely turn into a pre-Nygard Chris Traeger every time one of my Kerbals died.

At night? Mostly sparkling water, which I drink pretty much constantly, anyway. If not that, then red wine, or the occasional beer. In very rare cases, high end scotch or bourbon, lol. On the rare occasions when I can play before noon, coffee, black.

I pretty much exclusively drink lemon iced tea, although that's not unique to KSP. And, much like @adsii1970, I even drink it when it's below freezing (which it has been for something like a month now here). Not like I can just stop imbibing my favored beverage for a few months while I wait for the weather to warm up.

12 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Somewhere, here, in the distant past, we've had this discussion before.

Yes, yes it has... :D But that's the good thing about the forum. If you wait long enough, there will be another thread about this very thing.

8 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

... we don't have coffee.

What?!?!! Unheard-of!!! What world are you on?

:wink:

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yes, yes it has... :D But that's the good thing about the forum. If you wait long enough, there will be another thread about this very thing.

We've come full circle. History is repeating itself.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.