What do you guys drink while playing or do you drink at all? 

GregOrmay

"Condensation. Pure condensation. It drops from the green pipe on the ceiling, so you can gather it and drink after filtering through the spacesuit fiber.
Happily, ISRU is still working though the Sabatier reactor works intermittently, I see this watching the puffs of steam flowing from the red pipe in the corner..."

I am joking, of course. We have an electrolysis plant right behind that depleted regolith hill.

Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?

I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol, to replenish my precious bodily fluids.

(I would have a Coca-Cola, but someone seems to have damaged the vending machine.)

Edited by razark

22 minutes ago, razark said:

I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol, to replenish my precious bodily fluids.

General Ripper, is that you? :D

3 hours ago, razark said:

Some (like, half ?) of toothpastes are also fluoridated, so you get them anyway.

Our tap water isn't warranted to be safe to drink directly (despite it being so at the processing plant - haven't tasted it but I know they test it) thanks to the somewhat old piping. You need to boil them if you want to use it for consumption. Drinking water almost always comes from bottled or packaged water.

(I would have a Coca-Cola, but someone seems to have damaged the vending machine.)

That man will have to answer. To the Coca-Cola company.

Oh... wow.... I'm sorry it took so long to recognize this...

Too funny!!!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

6 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Also am I the only one on earth that hates the taste of coffee?

Nope. Tried it once, about six years ago, and promptly spewed the contents across the table.

Needless to say, I never drank it again, and my parents never really seemed in a hurry to get me to do so.....

I'm probably going to be one of those people that never touch alcohol/coffee and that live off of chocolate and smoothies lol :D

15 minutes ago, electricpants said:

I really didn't get hooked until I was in the Army... Trust me, Basic training... getting up at Zero:dark-thirty every morning... you learn to love coffee real fast!!!  :confused:

While paying (and...in fact, throughout most of my life) I keep my brain suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer, say a nice hot cup of tea. Yeah, tea, lots of tea (after all, I am half British, and the other half is Sri Lankan, so my heritage basically demands that I drink tea).

I have a cocktail after dinner 3-4 nights a week, the nature of which varies wildly depending on what I feel like. A whiskey sour is my favorite, but I also like a single malt scotch, neat rye, gin and tonic, classic daiquiri, Hemmingway daiquiri, Manhattan, cognac, or White Russian. I think that covers most of my usuals, but I try new recipes as I find them. I'll drink beer and wine too, but those are mostly with food. So, roughly 50% of the time I'm having an adult beverage when I'm playing KSP.

Other than that, I don't drink much of anything at night. I don't drink coffee at night (except sometimes with dessert). Coffee is a morning thing. Soda is a lunchtime thing, and I really try to keep that to a minimum anyway (but Coke is my Kryptonite). I drink water if I'm thirsty, or out of my pack on the trails or something. But I can't just sit and drink a glass of water with a meal. My wife and kids do, but it just seems weird to me.

Never learned to like the taste of coffee. Sometimes it smells good while brewing but more often it smells of skunk to me. 

For me it is Chinese tea - not even close to what most Western people think of as tea. As for Sri Lanka tea make mine Earl Grey hot, one sugar.

My other drink of choice is Diet Mtn Dew. Possibly the most dangerous drink on earth according to haters. 

3 hours ago, electricpants said:

I love the smell of coffee but the taste is just too strong. Maybe its because my taste buds haven't aged properly yet so i might have to wait for bitterness to calm down in my buds.

I don't drink RS-25 exhaust gasses condensed into a liquid containing V2 rocket propellant yet. I only drink RS-25 exhaust gasses condensed into a liquid, with added organics, chemicals and minerals to satisfy my taste buds, but no V2 rocket propellant.

Edited by NSEP

On 1/16/2018 at 4:16 AM, ARS said:

I don't know, but back then when I tasted it for the first time, I love it. It is basically my equivalent of tea when it isn't available

I've had the citrusy warm drink made by putting some sweet sticky stuff with orange chunks into a cup of hot water. I guess its something alot like what you're describing, honey and lime mixture. I can say thats pretty nice.

As for this coffee debate - My solution to some of the bad taste is more sugar and cream. If its still bad, get better coffee maybe?

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I really didn't get hooked until I was in the Army... Trust me, Basic training... getting up at Zero:dark-thirty every morning... you learn to love coffee real fast!!!  :confused:

This is a true statement if I ever saw one. And then add onto it your duties with your job! For the first two years, I was assigned to a Ranger Battalion and because of being one of the low ranking E4s, I always had some sort of late night duty. And that's where I developed a love for black coffee - hot, cold, or room temperature matters not!

Then after an accident and a bit in a cast, I was sent to be retrained as a legal NCO (I had just made corporal). And then I was assigned as the Chief Trial Counsel's assistant with 8th ID in Germany. And that cemented my love for coffee to the extent I bought a .5 liter coffee stein. There were days that began at 0500 for PT and I made it back to my bunk at 0300 to repeat the cycle all over again. On those days, I would go to bed with coffee brewing...

To this day, I can still drink a half-pot and go right to sleep...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.