The 2018 Build-A-Car Challenge

Hello everyone!

2018 is upon us, and you know what that means! New year, new you, and, of course, new challenges. One of these challenges is going to come from me! So as you may (Or may not) know, I'm pretty dismal at making cars in KSP. I have tried, but they all end up being open-wheel monstrosities with no grip, no speed, and just overall being worthless pieces of junk that are doomed to sit in the garage until someone (Jeb) decides to take it out for a spin (And promptly bin it into a tree (Bill: "Or the VAB!") at 150mph). This is where you (The faithful forum user) come in. Every other Friday (Or in this case, Monday, because I'm too lazy to re-type this in 4 days), I will give you three cars that you will be tasked with building/recreating. Every four weeks, you'll be given the Wild Card Challenge. In THE WILD CARD CHALLENGE, you can build whatever car you want. At the end of the 2-week building/submitting period, I will grade the best replica. The winner gets added to the Shiny Showroom ™, and will compete for the 2018 Build-A-Car Challenge Cup in a grand competition on December 28th-31st, and I will announce the winner on January 1st, 2019.

Are you up to the challenge? Good.

MODS ALLOWED

Tweakscale (Don't go overboard)

DCK (For color)

The Shiny Showroom™

Spoiler

Challenge 1: 'Murica! (Jan 15-Feb 2nd)

HM:

CHALLENGE 1: 'Murica! (Jan. 15-Feb. 2nd)

Spoiler

America. Land of V8's, Chevies, Fords, Guns, Eagles, Weather that's out to kill everyone who wants to have a good day, McHeart-Attacks, and the dream of Apple Pie. Detroit has built some of the greatest cars of the 20th and 21st century. To start off this challenge, you'll be recreating 3 of the most monumental cars. Ready? Let's begin.

Car #1: 2017 Ford GT

[Insert picture here]

The GT has a stellar and rich history. In the early 20th century, Henry Ford (According to Forza 4) gave his engineers a blank check and one job: Make a car that could beat a ferrari at Le Mans. And, miraculously, it did. Multiple times. And then, it returned to Le Mans to please Americans- winning the 24 hour race (I'm sorry if some of these stats are off- I'm typing this on the way to a Walmart in the back of a Ford pickup with country songs playing over the speaker system). Your challenge: Re-create the piece of Pride, and bring warmth to this Texan Heart.

Car #2: Ford Mustang GT (I don't plan to have the same manufacturer twice on this list- I literally just saw it pull out of Walmart and I remembered how sexy it is)

[Insert Picture here]

The 'stang. What can I say besides that? Oh... you want something...... okay then. Well first, it's a Mustang, which by itself should make it automatic pretty value. Second: It's the definition of American Muscle imo (Maybe second if you bring the Challenger into the mix). All-in-all, it's pretty, it's fast, and it's a good car. I really hope I see some good recreations of this beauty.

Car #3: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro

[Insert Picture here]

A pretty similar car to the 'Stang. It's fast, it's got a kind of blocky design, and It's American. But it got 3rd in Road & Track's 2017 PCOTY (Performance Car of the Year) competition. Or was that the Corvette...... Well either way, I saw the 2017 Camaro on an insert on R&T, so y'all are tasked with making it. If you want of course. Who am I to judge?

So those are your 3 cars for this half-month! Good luck to everyone, and may the best car win!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.