No more Missions in science mode in the Enhanced Edition ?

Chic_Planet

It's so sad. Now, you have to begin a carreer mode to have missions : the Mission Control is not active in Science mode :/ A quick question for career players: Can money really become a problem? I would be mad at not being able to continue my expeditions because I exploded too much spacecraft !

Edited by Chic_Planet

It depends on your career settings. You can dial up Funds rewards for missions if you don't like grinding for money. (I don't, so that's what I do. In my current career I think I may have overdone it at 200% though, I currently have over 22 million in the bank...)

Actually, my bad, I remember that I have started a career mode in the previous game.

In fact, I put the money at + 200% or + 300% to never have a problem with it and only deal with the proposed contracts and science.

That's what i called in my mind a science mod with contract :wink:

Sorry for the post !

2 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

It depends on your career settings. You can dial up Funds rewards for missions if you don't like grinding for money. (I don't, so that's what I do. In my current career I think I may have overdone it at 200% though, I currently have over 22 million in the bank...)

Yeah, I've found normal difficulty is too hard and easy difficulty too easy.  I might want to add that feedback to the bug tracker.

I don't find even Hard economics particularly hard, just grindy. Means doing very similar contracts over and over again. I don't care for that; missions for pay are a nice side dish but for the main course I like to set my own objectives.

This is a matter of preference though.

If there's one balance thing I really would like to see fixed though it's MPLs. I only use them to level up kerbals and as a shortcut to reset science experiments (while I'm still using Science Jr and Mystery Goo; I abandon them pretty early as they're bulky and crimp my style when designing spacecraft). I would like to use them for their primary mission -- to produce Science in situ -- but as things currently stand they churn out so much it completely kills the fun. Things I would nerf:

• The ability to research the same samples multiple times in different labs. 
  • The science multiplier. Baseline for a lab should be 75% of the Sci you'd get with a return mission. Having two three- or four-star scientists on board and having the lab on or near the body it's researching could raise this to 125%, or just maybe 150%, also available retroactively (i.e., re-researching stuff with better scientists would yield the remainder).

On the other hand I'd make them work a good deal faster. Since you're warping ahead to the next transfer window pretty frequently anyway, the time to research is just flavour anyway.

on normal career mode setting money is not an issue. just play smart and think a few steps ahead and make the most out of every launch. If you can launch a satellite and rescue a kerbal in orbit all the better or launch 3 satellite for 3 contracts or plant a flag and gather science from a body etc.... despite the mundane nature of the contract, ferrying tourists is a very lucrative business. 

Personally, I like to rescue a kerbal with a tourist in the 3rd seat.  That way I can get a direct launch-to-rendezvous and fill the empty seat without having to wait for too many orbital maneuvers.

A finely tuned BACC-pack with a hitchhiker on top also makes for a great fast space-bar-to-space for suborbital tourists. ("This vehicle has now reached our AP of 70258m, and your credit cards have been billed.  Have a nice day!")

Once I've gone beyond LKO, my tourism drops to a nothing until the training/tour bus SSTO starts making bulk Kerbal shipments for $2000 worth of fuel.

And satellite contracts are almost always lucrative, particularly if you do two in one and then end up with a useful comms relay buoy afterwards.

7 hours ago, invision said:

pfft space noobs :P

5HZiXQR.jpg

337 years? :P

The first is the 1.0.5 career I abandoned when Hullcam VDS was taking too long to update, Asteroid Day was still out of the game, it was also taking too long and I wanted to play on 1.1. The second is the one I'm currently playing on.

I'm sure someone else will bring in the really big guns :)

Edited by Atkara

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.