[1.12.x] Continuing Flight Plan - Crazy trajectories demystified!

linuxgurugamer

@RealGecko decided to leave the modding scene and handed this mod over to me for continuation.  Original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151899-ksp-131

Please note:

This version has hard dependencies 

Tired of being lost in all those dotted trajectory lines while planning Joolian moons grand tour?

Here comes Flight Plan! The thing you were missing for very long time:

You can click any entry to focus on celestial body or maneuver. KAC integration.

@Kottabos review:

Planned features:

• Built into Kartographer.

Give it to me! Now!

Availability

Available in CKAN

Depends on UICore and ToolbarController

Flight Plan Icon was created by Freepik under Creative Commons BY 3.0 license.

This mod uses KACWrapper.cs by @TriggerAu

This mod uses ToolbarController by @linuxgurugamer.  Note, this is a hard dependency, you MUST install the ToolbarController moving forward.

Donations gratefully accepted

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Spoiler

[LOG 23:08:58.840] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[EXC 23:09:08.754] NullReferenceException
	FlightPlan_NS.FlightPlan.UnlockControls ()
	FlightPlan_NS.FlightPlan.onAppFalse ()
	ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.ToggleButtonActive ()
	ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.doOnTrue ()
	KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnTrue (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[EXC 23:09:10.266] NullReferenceException
	ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.doOnFalse ()
	KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnFalse (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data)
	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
[EXC 23:09:14.135] NullReferenceException
	KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnFalse (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)

Got this after doing 3 missions in a row, without going back to mainmenu, including some rabbit buttons:

64C09B6B918B55EF3B4583237059451FB2771CA8

14 hours ago, Alewx said:
  Hide contents

KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnTrue (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)

Got this after doing 3 missions in a row, without going back to mainmenu, including some rabbit buttons:

64C09B6B918B55EF3B4583237059451FB2771CA8

Ditto on the screeny, I let someone else post about this first. I got six icons :) Did not check log.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:16 PM, Alewx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What is a "rabbit button"?

And I need the whole log, please.

@Apaseall, next time, send me a log file.

Also, if you could get me a set of steps to reproduce it, that would be helpful.

One final thing:  Was this the first time you used Flightplan?  Or were you using it before I took it over?

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, symmeclept said:
On 1/16/2018 at 5:52 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Flight Plan replanned? (alternate title suggestion)

RealGecko had a stipulation for anyone taking over that they can't rename it.

Which is unenforceable, however, I am honoring his request.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:16 PM, Alewx said:

Got this after doing 3 missions in a row, without going back to mainmenu, including some rabbit buttons

So you did 3 missions, after each one did you return to the Space Center?  How did you finish each mission?

And, I've been able to replicate the problem.

Won't be able to fix it until this evening

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So you did 3 missions, after each one did you return to the Space Center?  How did you finish each mission?

And, I've been able to replicate the problem.

Won't be able to fix it until this evening

Simple one flight missions, ferry two VIPS into orbit and back, so was not really a difficult task. started the mission, landed back on Kerbin, took next mission, started..... and each time I got one more button for flight plan, that is a rabbit button, it reproduces too fast^^

But good to hear you already have a solution planned.

2 hours ago, Alewx said:

Simple one flight missions, ferry two VIPS into orbit and back, so was not really a difficult task. started the mission, landed back on Kerbin, took next mission, started..... and each time I got one more button for flight plan, that is a rabbit button, it reproduces too fast^^

But good to hear you already have a solution planned.

Already fixed, you need to update the Toolbar controller

There seems to be a little bug - "Close" button doesn't work for me. I'm able to close Flight Plan window only by clicking toolbar icon. To reproduce: 1) install fresh KSP 1.3.1 , 2) manually install Flight Plan with dependencies 3) go to the launchpad 4) open FlightPlan window, try closing it.

Also Plan entries sometimes are incorrect. E.g. I was on Minmus flyby trajectory, that would later put me on stable Kerbin orbit. Flight Plan hadn't seen that and informed me that I would make a new crater on Kerbin. I'm having trouble reproducing that, tough. I'll try to figure that out and maybe provide a save with it.

Edited by Walker

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

What is happening? Flight plan not reading correctly. I have a maneuver to circularize at my closest approach to the Mun, but FP doesn't show my interception, or the maneuver or anything

c03Yc1j.png

Without a log file, I cant even guess

On 1/26/2018 at 2:17 AM, Walker said:

There seems to be a little bug - "Close" button doesn't work for me. I'm able to close Flight Plan window only by clicking toolbar icon. To reproduce: 1) install fresh KSP 1.3.1 , 2) manually install Flight Plan with dependencies 3) go to the launchpad 4) open FlightPlan window, try closing it.

I am aware ot this, thanks

On 1/26/2018 at 2:17 AM, Walker said:

Also Plan entries sometimes are incorrect. E.g. I was on Minmus flyby trajectory, that would later put me on stable Kerbin orbit. Flight Plan hadn't seen that and informed me that I would make a new crater on Kerbin. I'm having trouble reproducing that, tough. I'll try to figure that out and maybe provide a save with it.

That would be very useful

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

In game update notification github reference appears to be incorrect as I get a page not found error.

will be fixed in the next release, thanks

5 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

The log file is filled with exceptions from FAR and lots of other mods, but none from FlightPlan.

Could you send me  your save file please?  I need to replicate this before i can fix it

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

FYI, CKAN has this depending on UICORE - uninstall that, and it causes Flightplan to be uninstalled.  Is this intended dependency?  Only reason I'm asking is that you didn't list it with ToolbarController and Clickthrough Blocker on the front page.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, Murdabenne said:

FYI, CKAN has this depending on UICORE - uninstall that, and it causes Flightplan to be uninstalled.  Is this intended dependency?  Only reason I'm asking is that you didn't list it with ToolbarController and Clickthrough Blocker on the front page.

Yes, it is a dependency, I'll update the front page

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.