Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition Grand Discussion thread

UomoCapra

-fKqHdc3UFsltzAVV_cryBDSwY5sMTrpOHMkelNE

Hello everyone!

About a year ago we made a commitment to provide console players a faithful and worthy version of KSP on consoles, and to realize this endeavour, we teamed up with the experienced team of BlitWorks, who helped us to build it from the ground up. After a long and difficult process, we are finally here, excited and proud to officially announce the launch of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

In Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, you’ll find a broad range of improvements and features that improve the overall game experience from the prior console version. We have also added reworked and console-optimized UI, a new control scheme for the maneuver nodes controls, and three new controller presets that players will be able to switch between at any time during play: Cursor, Radial and Simplified.  

Cursor

Returning KSP players on consoles might be used to the previous control scheme, so the Cursor preset keeps things familiar for veteran players while adding a few enhancements as well.

Radial

We also wanted to revamp the Cursor preset by making a lot of low-priority or low-usage commands available on radial menus, instead of requiring the player to do a lot of cursor-mode pointing and clicking. So the Radial preset uses a lot of actions of the Cursor preset while incorporating radial menus that speed up the access to different commands.

Simplified

We also created the Simplified preset, an entirely new control scheme designed to be easier to pick up and play with a controller. With this control scheme, the cursor has been replaced with a reticle in the middle of the screen; players can move the screen behind the reticle, rather than moving the reticle itself. We think console players who are new to KSP will especially enjoy the Simplified preset.

Additionally Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition incorporates the KSP 1.2.2 “Loud and Clear” update. This means that all the features and improvements made with this update are now available on consoles for the first time! Some of these are:

CommNet and KerbNet

We’ve added communication network capabilities to the Antenna and Probe parts throughout the game to simulate the feeling of building your communications network from home base out to your Kerbals as they travel their star system. With the KerbNet capabilities on more advanced probes you can map your environment and place targets for travel as well.

Control and Flow

The SAS system got a much-needed overhaul in this update to help keep you pointed in the right direction, and the fuel flow system was rewritten to give you total control over feeding your engines.

...and More

There are a number of other improvements and changes compared to the prior console version. For instance, contracts are now bound to player progression and are assigned based on in-game actions, and wheels stability and performance have been improved as well.

And if you are an owner of the previous console version, we want to remind you that you can redeem the Enhanced Edition free of cost. Just follow these instructions. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and  no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions. However, because the Enhanced Edition was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Remember that if you encounter any bugs and/or issues, you can help us out by reporting them in the Console Project within our Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Thread for consoles in our Forum. This will help us with any future patches for the game.

As with every release this thread will be used to bundle all general discussion about the new version so that the forums can continue to actively host threads on other topics as well. Click here  for the official release announcement for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition.

38 minutes ago, IronSchu said:

With regards to xbox one - how do you open/access the debug toolbar (menu)? 

Please advise

We want players to figure that out for themselves.

But, here's a Hint:

It is a reference to the third generation of video game consoles and you access it from the Pause Menu.

3 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Buit, here's a Hint:

It is a reference to the third generation of video game consoles and you access it from the Pause Menu.

30 lives?

Is there a demo (Xbox One)?  I'd still baffled on how to play this game on a console and would like to try it out.

17 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Buit, here's a Hint:

ahhhh thanks. well played!

now if you can get mechjeb into the console version, we will all put you in for sainthood 

Just now, Kerbuvim said:

Are there any extensions for ps4 pro? may be higher resolution?  Is it necessary to use the boost mode? there is not a word about it ...

There are no extensions for ps4 pro. The game runs just as good on both versions. 

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Is there a demo (Xbox One)?  I'd still baffled on how to play this game on a console and would like to try it out.

There is no demo for KSP Enhanced Edition, however we are working on a demo for PC. 

So far, I love this new port you guys popped out, I've only made 1 plane with it, but I like it... It's been a learning curve trying to learn the new editor control schemes, but they make (enough) sense for me. The new in-flight action menu's are kind of cool. I only had one major complaint, which was that I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to save or launch a ship without having those little markers at the top of my UI. Also, thank you guys, getting this for free, since I already owned the FTE port, I love the fact you guys did that.

now, since I can, here's my ship I made...image.jpg

So i have a question and i hope its an easy fix but i was in flight no quicksave unfortunately finally get into orbit and i clicked on my completed contract missions at the top of the toolbar on the right it popped open a screen saying contract parameter complete now it wont let me do anything the game isnt frozen this screen just wont go away and it wont let me pause tge game to save please help

1 hour ago, jake867 said:

So i have a question and i hope its an easy fix but i was in flight no quicksave unfortunately finally get into orbit and i clicked on my completed contract missions at the top of the toolbar on the right it popped open a screen saying contract parameter complete now it wont let me do anything the game isnt frozen this screen just wont go away and it wont let me pause tge game to save please help

I am a PC player but is there a x button? Or is it a button on the controller that you have to press? @UomoCapra.

Sorry, I couldn’t find the bug tracker but in the new port if you hit save and exit on settings and you didn’t change anything the game freezes. 

And when leaving the setting in building it seems to freeze randomly 

Edited by SinisterSonar

4 hours ago, jake867 said:

Make sure the cursor is not on. Buttons have different behavior if the cursor is on or off.