Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition Grand Discussion thread

UomoCapra

On 08/03/2018 at 12:22 PM, spinomonkey said:

As someone who works in a digital marketing agency it’s still incredibly weird to me that squad hasn’t been more proactive where the console is involved.

I guess we have to remember that the console market is tiny in comparison to the following the game enjoys on PC.

According to the PS4 KSP Trophies webpage, there only a little over 380 players so far. (and I guess a similar number on the Xbox)   Not that I am excusing Squad from it's duty to provide us with a bug free final product.  Let's hope there's another patch soon.

Edited by Clipperride

On ‎11‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 3:31 AM, Clipperride said:

I guess we have to remember that the console market is tiny in comparison to the following the game enjoys on PC.

According to the PS4 KSP Trophies webpage, there only a little over 380 players so far. (and I guess a similar number on the Xbox)   Not that I am excusing Squad from it's duty to provide us with a bug free final product.  Let's hope there's another patch soon.

This is nonsense, only one of the dozens of PSN communities about the game in which I participate has 600+ members.

vLY3Lm7.jpg

83 communities found for the keyword "Kerbal"

qGWBZ8Z.jpg

You can see the incorrectness of the information from the site PS4 KSP Trophies by the fact that PSN shows 0.2% of those who received platinum instead of 3.05%.

NRrEL9r.jpg

Edited by Kerbuvim

5 minutes ago, The Robot Soldier said:

Are the developers ever going to implement this into the game? 

I Hope so. I dont even know Why it isnt in the game already, even the fte Port had it, must be an oversight

Edited by PrvDancer85
I cant english

14 hours ago, The Robot Soldier said:

Is there a way to enable 4x physical time warp out of the atmosphere because ion engine burns are going to drive me insane.  

All+">" ?

Edit: stupid me ninja'd

Edited by EwingKang

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Reactive Xenon said:

Have you guys been able to do asparagus staging cuz it appears as if it doesn't work

I thought it did, but it wasn’t a huge amount of fuel tanks and engines. It was a pain to get it setup - moving around what side couplers go when was insanely annoying, since it wants to move all modules when you go to pull a single one to another stage. I had to add empty stages, pull like 2 of my modules to a new stage, then add another stage to eventually split them apart. I hope this gets fixed sometime! Good luck! It took me like half an hour to sort it out. 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, JackFlash81 said:

I thought it did, but it wasn’t a huge amount of fuel tanks and engines. It was a pain to get it setup - moving around what side couplers go when was insanely annoying, since it wants to move all modules when you go to pull a single one to another stage. I had to add empty stages, pull like 2 of my modules to a new stage, then add another stage to eventually split them apart. I hope this gets fixed sometime! Good luck! It took me like half an hour to sort it out. 

While I imagine it must be even worse with the control limitations of a console, asparagus staging on a PC has the same headache, and if you don't go back and double-check each stage, it is easy to make a mistake that will doom your launch.

The fairly new fuel flow priority functionality does give an alternative approach to asparagus staging, but even then, if you do not double-check the staging of your decouplers it is easy to doom your launch, and you no longer have engine cut-outs to alert you to the need for staging.

• 3 weeks later...

PS4 Enhanced Edition, 1.01, default controls, normal difficulty, career mode.

I haven't messed around with any settings at all, I have only ever played Kerbal on my PS4 console.

Lots of useful chatter going on here. I'm glad to see the KSP community and Dev's are still actively pursuing the Kerbal Space Program for Console.

I'm thrilled that the EE 1.01 patch fixed so many of the problems that were plaguing the console version.

I have now for my first time, completed the science tree in Career mode, Year 2 and 50-ish days. Was really expecting some sort of party, but research is never really finished. 

My first interplanetary sortie to Duna was a partial success.  I was able to get there with two space probes, deploy some comm satellites, and attempt landings on both Duna, and Ike. Unfortunately I didn't install proper relay (any relay comms ) so, yeah. Partial success. Duna has a new crater with some litter around it, Ike has a lander that only occasionally wants to talk with Kerbal Space Command. My Probes currently enroute to Jool will no doubt have the same success rate... if I'm lucky.

Right now my Kerbals and I are learning to spell the words efficient launch profile, and I have discovered a couple of different ways of how not to do interplanetary transfers. Also found out how to level Kerbals skills up, way, way, way late in the game.

The Space Tourism market seems to be a reliable source of Income , so hopefully I'll eventually be able to land a fuel rover on Mun and Minmus for less cost than the Kerbal Space Hotel I'm currently assembling in orbit.

I love this Game.

Current gameplay concerns;

-Physical Time warp, sounds like the nuke and Ion engine crowd want this. I've only been using chemical rockets so it haven’t bothered me... yet.

-Since I started playing early on in the console release phase, I do not like the new throttle arrangement, because it's backwards to how I learned. Console controller is very busy and could use some work eliminating overlapping command button combinations.

-Something needs to be sorted out with the trim setting being so easy to accidentally turn on, HAL keeps trying to crash my spacecraft. I suppose somebody might want to set the trim while making a burn in space, But I sure haven't wanted to.

-Kerb-net remains a complete mystery to me. I haven't even accidentally landed on an anomaly yet. If I turn it on, I need to escape back to the space centre to get it off the UI.

-Kerbal skills and abilities, I have landed bases on Mun and Minmus, I have Space Stations orbiting Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus, and I'm building a 40 room space hotel, I have docked , clamped, landed, recovered, rendezvoused, transferred, rescued, space walked, Mun walked,  drilled and refined... while the pilots have gained useful skills, and the scientists have gotten faster, the engineers have only learned how to pack a chute or to fix a flat tire.

-Seriously, the contracts need a proof reader. Please. For real.

-The Admin building... just... why? I guess it might add something to the game, I just don't know what it is. Haven't used it at all, until recently I didn't bother opening the screen. I'm done the tech tree now so I guess I'll sell some science...

-Interplanetary travel, Console Career players need some sort of alarm clock. and some sort of rough transfer planner.  Unless I'm suppose to attempt all my interplanetary stuff in sandbox mode, the game needs some sort of alarm clock.

- Haven't touched an asteroid and I don't want to.... yet.

-VAB I haven't made any use of the advanced tabs, subassembly seems to be a mysterious method of telling me I can't attach things I might want to save.

-I hear that console players can use a keyboard and mouse, haven't tried. If this is true, great, if it's not the game should have this option.

-Flight controls for planes, I've read that there is an option for using a  joystick, this is a must have for flying aircraft. I haven't tried yet. I like the idea of building and flying my own planes, and I have built and flown a few planes in KSP, but I mostly avoid it because I personally don't enjoy atmospheric flight with a controller and I abhor flying with a mouse.

My suggestions for the console version,

-Kerbal Alarm clock, add this function to the admin building ( even as a paid level unlock )..."Admin wants a mission to Duna, the transfer window is in three weeks." this will give console players an in game transfer planning resource that is sorely needed. Same for an interplanetary course correction Alarm clock, " Admin wants you to know your TPS reports are out of date, and Duna 1 is due for a course correction..". Or alarm reminder "That Duna 1 probe should be hitting the atmosphere by now, did you turn it on yesterday like we planned?"

-Kerb-net, turn on this power hungry application and anomalies will show up if and when they do, also acts as a science reminder, "we're over Mun pole, should probably take a picture or something..", "Admin wants to know what this anomaly is on the front page of the newspaper", have Kerb-net show console players the Biomes and the places they haven't explored.

-Kerbal skills, seriously. Engineers need to be able to scavenge parts from one craft to another, that's kinda how engineers become engineers in the first place. Science guys should be able to find/identify biomes and anomalies in the game. Pilots should be able to make a guess as to where they will land on a given trajectory, I'm talking about trying to land a pod at KSP. By level 3 these skills should be completely possible.

-Contracts. Really really need to more clear. I can't stress this enough, they need some proof reading. If I'm continually missing a specific biome or science objective, you could offer a contract and show me what it is I'm missing. Same with Historical records and milestones. Also,  If I have a Space Hotel, don't ask me to build another, ask me to fill it.

As I suggested, Flight Joystick is something I'm missing in this game.

I offer these suggested changes to the console game, mainly because it's a console game, not a computer game that has a readily accessible google tab I can refer to. I can and do play this console game without Kerb-net, um, without internet connection.

That's all I have for now, I'm sure most of the problems I'm having are mostly because of me. I just wanted to add my input thus far as a console gamer.

I'm looking forwards to any expansion or DLC for this Fantastic game!!!

Cheers all!

Edited by GrouchyDevotee

• 3 weeks later...

Today i nearly got a heart attack starting up ksp

BCMbZAw.jpg

Ps4 players will recognize the image, save File corrupted, yesterday it crashed and i didnt restart until today. But it restored the savefile by it self, how awesome is that. Has that happend to someone else? 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a thread or post that shows the future updates planned for KSP Enhanced?  I am having a hard time finding anything about the plans for getting the console version up to speed with the PC version.   

On 4/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, GrouchyDevotee said:

-Kerb-net remains a complete mystery to me. I haven't even accidentally landed on an anomaly yet. If I turn it on, I need to escape back to the space centre to get it off the UI.

-Seriously, the contracts need a proof reader. Please. For real.

-The Admin building... just... why? I guess it might add something to the game, I just don't know what it is. Haven't used it at all, until recently I didn't bother opening the screen. I'm done the tech tree now so I guess I'll sell some science...

-Interplanetary travel, Console Career players need some sort of alarm clock. and some sort of rough transfer planner.  Unless I'm suppose to attempt all my interplanetary stuff in sandbox mode, the game needs some sort of alarm clock.

- Kerbnet is basically using a probe-core(with a connection to KSC) to view details of the body you are close to.  The higher the level of access/more advanced the probe core the more details you can see.

These details can include the biome, and you can generally zoom in and out a certain amount based on how high up you are(too far away and even fully zoomed in you will only see a small disk, and if you are landed, then even fully zoomed out you will only see the local area)

- Contracts have always had a gibberish bit at the top that is nothing but window dressing.  The important parts are the completion criteria, and those are grouped with their pay-outs.

- Personally I also generally have little or no use for the Admin building, but it can be useful for shifting pay-outs when you have an over-abundance of one thing but a serious deficiency in another(like allocating science income to funds either after the tree is done or when your difficulty settings provide almost no funds income)

- I am not sure if this is in the Enhanced edition or not, but look in the Tracking station when you have one or more vessels with a scheduled burn.  You should see the read-out of that vessel switching back and forth between the normal read-out and a timer until the scheduled burn.  As of 1.4.3 this is as much of a stock alarm clock as we have gotten.  IT will not keep you from forgetting that burn you needed to do, but at least it provides a central location to check all of your pending burns(even when those are 0dv burns you just added as a reminder to yourself for something else)

On 1/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, IronSchu said:

With regards to xbox one - how do you open/access the debug toolbar (menu)? 

Please advise

if nobody has answered you yet, you can do it by pausing and then pressing d-pad up up down down left right left right. thats how i do it on PS4

• 2 months later...