Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition Grand Discussion thread

UomoCapra

On 6/4/2019 at 5:19 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

We don't, really. Aside from the odd report in the tech support and the DLC thread, there isn't really other place

true there so many place to visit  across the forum ; ) some are more or less weird but well everyone is nice once you get that's math logic game

Yo.   I have a question that i cant seem to find a solid answer one and hope that u can resolve for me.    The new breaking ground update for pc.   Will it ever be makeing its way to the consoles.  Some of the new props and drills would be really fun to play around with.    So yay or nay?

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Chciko said:

Yo.   I have a question that i cant seem to find a solid answer one and hope that u can resolve for me.    The new breaking ground update for pc.   Will it ever be makeing its way to the consoles.  Some of the new props and drills would be really fun to play around with.    So yay or nay?

I wonder the same question I have asked but sadly no answer 

• 3 weeks later...

Let us forget that we exist, what's a console tech issue subforum? Never heard of that!

These people bought the game full price, same as PC, they deserve the same amount of work as done on PC, 

countless bugs have been reported, but they simply don't exist as we all don't exist.

What's console KSP?

Madness

59 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Let us forget that we exist, what's a console tech issue subforum? Never heard of that!

These people bought the game full price, same as PC, they deserve the same amount of work as done on PC, 

countless bugs have been reported, but they simply don't exist as we all don't exist.

What's console KSP?

Madness

Hey, I’m madness. Kerbal madness actually.

but in actuality I agree 100%

6 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I haven't really even touched KSP for about 4 months. There's really nothing to keep me interested. Once you get to the point where you can leave the Kerbin SOI, the game gets too laggy to properly enjoy. 

I think it depends on what you enjoy in KSP.

I like to plan, design and  build stuff.

Then I only perform maneuvers once or twice, then I leave it to MechJeb.

I don't care about FPS, I don't care about how it looks.

I just want to see if my plan, design and build works.

But everyone is different,, and that's how it should be.

IM(nv)HO

I like testing creating atmospheric fighter jets and planning and executing long distance multi craft missions (think a satellite relay in orbit above Laythe with an drone jet plane for science) myself. Unfortunately as stated previously, FPS drops to less than 10 prevent any enjoyment. 

Also we plebs on console don't get the luxury of mods like MechJeb.

I'm a PC player, but the first steps towards fixing any bug is to work how to reproduce it, and hopefully what causes it.  

A few possible causes for low fps that come to mind are too many parts (too many parts can bring even the beefiest PCs down to less than 10 fps),  already having lots of other craft/relay sats in orbit, or high timewarp rates.  Working out what triggers your low frame rates is the first step to solving the cause, and/or working around the issue.

16 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Working out what triggers your low frame rates is the first step to solving the cause, and/or working around the issue.

This latest update for the console version pretty much ruined the game. If there are any flags near your craft, the FPS would drop to less than 5. And when there's a flagpole by default at KSC, you're not launching anything. 

As for craft, my jets have less than 70 parts on average, and it still hovers around 10fps. Only when I have crafts with less than 25 parts do I get a solid 30FPS or more. 

@LegendaryAce do u have constand 10 fps with your less then 70 part craft? Ive a craft (67 parts) witch suffers from extreme fps drop but only in atmo and over 200ms. If i go into mapview the fps go to normal again. So i do my acends in mapview just to bypass the fps drop.

Edit

The flag issue has been fixed with the latest update, at least for me

Edited by PrvDancer85

Mapview helps me but u have to stay in that view. But i havent any problems with fps when stay on the runway or move less than 200ms or be high enough. I thought it has something to do the visual mach effects or something, cause everything else gets also calculated even in mapview.

Hah. Guess my 50$ got me an unfinished side project that was supposed to be better than the first.

And now we can expect nothing as they're working on a console version for KSP 2, apparently,

let's just screw over a fanbase again, who are as loyal as their PC counterparts. 

Still stuck on 1.2, still have bugs.

Kerbal Space Program: Unfinished Edition.

At least this one wasn't as broken as the first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can us console players get a new update? I know I seem like one of those people who complain a lot, but the last time we got an update was summer 2019( I think ). I would really appreciate getting updated to 1.7. Maybe even 1.7.3?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought KSP on PC when it was a few boosters and a capsule (and no map) and as a result got all the DLCS for free. I actually ended up buying KSP again on PS4 when it came out as the enhanced edition and ended up forking up for the two DLCs because I thought it was deserved.

I don't actually remember a time where I've played vanilla KSP on the PC without at least a dozen of game changing mods, so there is something very refreshing being able to toss kerbals into space from the comfort of your couch and get to experience the game as it was meant by its makers in its pure form.

Edited by Lerlik

• 2 weeks later...