Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition Grand Discussion thread

UomoCapra

On 1/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, Ande said:

Thought we were on version 1.12? Albeit a different code branch for enhanced edition. They didn't add all the features of 1.12 as they didn't think they would add value to console gamers 

I managed to do Duna and Ike, but then struggled with Delta v for getting back, 3 rescue craft sent and tbf I like the parachute approach to landing as predictable landing. I do really hate having to wait for ejection windows when in career but I do like the game mode so I just send up a load of interplanetary missions at the same time ;)

had to perform a full delete and reset of PS4 though and tried to restore my old career due to getting 3-4 blue screen crashes per play. Sadly, started a new career. it sucks you can't copy over old designs, some of my bases were pretty good. 

Hope you're still enjoying it. I struggle remembering to go to bed when I play :D

Such a good game. It is crazy to think we are (hopefully) under 365 days away from ksp 2, and it will launch on consoles!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that we are just around under a year away from KSP 2, but can I still expect the newer updates to PC to come to console? It's been more than half a year since the final update was released and we are still waiting, I just wish people would update us more on these things, I payed for the full game so I would at least expect updates to be within a month or two, just like any other game, but we still haven't even gotten the update that allows for out of VAB construction and I believe we are coming up on around a year since that update was released (please correct me if I am wrong), also, there are still a relentless amount of loading bugs and memory leaks that take tolls on console players to the point of where crashes are extremely common. All I ask is that we are alerted more on the situation of KSP:EE development because being kept in the dark is a little bit odd and makes me think that they don't take the console edition seriously. People often buy consoles like the PS4 or XBox One in order to have a more budget friendly gaming experience, while the PC gamers have singular parts in their computers that cost more than a console, and I think it is good that a small portion of gamers on console are willing to brave the rough experience of console, which not even the great Matt Lowne could conquer with much success without taking weeks to relearn a game he already plays on computer. I am starting to go off topic here, so all I want to ask of the devs again, is that we are more updated on the situations of the updates. Thank you for reading this long paragraph, I hope you all have an amazing day and happy flying!

• 10 months later...

My sister recently bought KSP for her 8 year old son and I’ve been helping him get the hang of the game. I must say, playing with a controller was a massive learning experience. 
  I would like to share some of the craft I made when I was playing on PC but it seems this isn’t possible. Has anyone figured out a way of doing this yet? 

Thanks. MJ

55 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

My sister recently bought KSP for her 8 year old son and I’ve been helping him get the hang of the game. I must say, playing with a controller was a massive learning experience. 
  I would like to share some of the craft I made when I was playing on PC but it seems this isn’t possible. Has anyone figured out a way of doing this yet? 

Thanks. MJ

Not that I am aware of, but I am by no means a console guru.

Rather droping by to say Hi, buddy, good to see you. And I feel your pain there. My advice is to not even go there, but I see the point of course.

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Not that I am aware of, but I am by no means a console guru.

Rather droping by to say Hi, buddy, good to see you. And I feel your pain there. My advice is to not even go there, but I see the point of course.

Good to hear from you too mate. I’ve been lurking on and off. I still have the game installed on my PC of course but my nephew loves aircraft and rockets so I thought it was a good time to introduce him to the game. He is very smart and keeps reminding me to check my staging! 

• 3 months later...

When are we getting the 1.11 and 1.12 updates? Is there any way to ask someone officially? I've messaged Squad, kerbalspacep on both insta and tiktok, ive messaged @Ghostii_Space, I've made multiple posts, nothing is working.  My messages get read but not replied to. It's incredibly dissapointing and extremely unprofessional considering they went past a published and promised timeline with no communication of the delay and no new ETA. Where is the update?  What is going on?

On 3/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

My messages get read but not replied to

This usually indicates that the community managers you have contacted don't have any official statement to give you, but they are probably finding out. How long ago did you send these messages? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 7:10 PM, Deddly said:

This usually indicates that the community managers you have contacted don't have any official statement to give you, but they are probably finding out. How long ago did you send these messages? 

Make that two months. How long will this situation go on? The complete and utter lack of transparency here is incredibly frustrating. This whole time, with my dozens of attempts at making contact, I've gotten exaclty one response (from Private Division customer support), saying they have no information and to wait for future announcements. It's been litterally a year since they said anything about the updates! A whole year! And, the worst part is that the release timeline they did announce was completely passed without so much as a delay announcement, litterally nothing! 

Do the KSP teams care about their commmunity at all? It's hugely disrespectful, and this kind of situation is NOT a good precedent to be setting for KSP 2!  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...