UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition Grand Discussion thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Terwin said:

If you just throttle down to zero, can you throttle back up after time warp?

I do not know if your control scheme makes it feasible to leave the engine active but throttled to zero or not, but I believe that to be a more common approach than turning it on and off after the initial staging which turns it on.

Here is another wrinkle in the bug I am experiencing. I can not throttle back up, or start, or restart any liquid engine above 75,000 meters AFTER using time warp in space. However, if for example I engage time warp, say at 2X BELOW 75,000 meters everything functions normally in space, as long as I NEVER go to 1X. So my functionality of the game is fine in space as long as I never, ever go back to 1X. Makes it a bit of a pain, and more difficult to arrange orbits and what not, but it is a bit of a work around to the problem I am dealing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8-2-2018 at 2:59 PM, Space Station 4 Crash said:

If you can't time warp because you cannot save (because the port is a train wreck), you have to sit there and wait for your ship to get to Duna, I have never done it without warping. Would it be more then 6 hours IRL? Either way thanks for helping me with my point.

I may have found a way around this bug. 

While in time warp quick save every 3-5 seconds or so. For some reason unknown to me, the games saves your progres and doesnt crash after the time warp is complete. This method isn’t 100% effective all the time, but it got me to Duna and Ike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haye said:

I may have found a way around this bug. 

While in time warp quick save every 3-5 seconds or so. For some reason unknown to me, the games saves your progres and doesnt crash after the time warp is complete. This method isn’t 100% effective all the time, but it got me to Duna and Ike. 

Are you saying that you can save while under time warp and it doesn't bounce you back to the base? That is at least better then having no saves at all. I wish to hell they'd release a patch to fix this game. As it is right now I have to play the game at 2X to get any wheres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EventHorizion said:

Are you saying that you can save while under time warp and it doesn't bounce you back to the base? That is at least better then having no saves at all. I wish to hell they'd release a patch to fix this game. As it is right now I have to play the game at 2X to get any wheres.

Jep.

if you keep quick saving while in time warp, the game saves your progress. You can do this until you reach the point you where going to. If you time warp too long, you can just load the previous save, and repeat the warp/save process. 

This timewarp bug was almost a gamebreaker for me, but now that i have found this solution, the game has become more playable 

/edit: i hope they update the game soon as well 

Edited by Haye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haye said:

Jep.

if you keep quick saving while in time warp, the game saves your progress. You can do this until you reach the point you where going to. If you time warp too long, you can just load the previous save, and repeat the warp/save process. 

This timewarp bug was almost a gamebreaker for me, but now that i have found this solution, the game has become more playable 

/edit: i hope they update the game soon as well 

Thanks for the insight, I am going to try this the next time I play the game. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one has noticed my post on Technical Forum so i will mention it here too. I have been speaking to people, some who have been experiencing game breaking bugs and some who don't know what all the fuss is about. Now I only spoke to 2 people who had no big issues with bugs and both of those people didnt have advanced tweakables on. when i asked them to turn on advanced tweakables they started getting bugs. This may be the stem of the issue. thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me if most of Squad's testing was focused around testing the game with what they consider default options.  So if activating advanced tweakables has unexpected side effects it's possible that's why bugs were missed during testing.  And you don't really need anything in the advanced tweakable menu, so it should be viable for console players to test whether disabling advanced tweakable fixes their issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AVaughan said:

And you don't really need anything in the advanced tweakable menu

I would't Play without autostrut anymore also i find the adjustable fuelflow very helpfull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

I would't Play without autostrut anymore also i find the adjustable fuelflow very helpfull

Advanced Tweakables are extremely useful, to be sure! But it's not game-breaking to turn them off, if it fixes some terrible bugs. Has anyone else tested this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 8:11 AM, Deddly said:

Advanced Tweakables are extremely useful, to be sure! But it's not game-breaking to turn them off, if it fixes some terrible bugs. Has anyone else tested this yet?

If this behaviour is indeed due to using advanced tweakables... Yes it is still "game breaking" to turn off needed features to stabilize your game.

Stop settling for garbage, and raise your voice a little.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farm Buyer said:

If this behaviour is indeed due to using advanced tweakables... Yes it is still "game breaking" to turn off needed features to stabilize your game.

I was referring to the term "game breaking" as it is often used when referring to bugs in computer software. I meant "Game breaking" in the sense that a bug is so severe that it is impossible to use the software due to that bug. Since advanced tweakables is an option in the settings and wasn't even added to the game until version 1.2, I would personally class it as a serious bug but with a simple workaround that can be used whilst waiting for it to be fixed. It is absolutely possible to make great craft without using Advanced Tweakables. In fact, many people play the game for years without even discovering that feature.

The term "game breaking" is often thrown around quite loosely, so it's real meaning has been watered down in everyday speech, I suppose.

Edited by Deddly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2018 at 4:37 AM, Deddly said:

It is absolutely possible to make great craft without using Advanced Tweakables. In fact, many people play the game for years without even discovering that feature.

Honest question, what is this "tweakables?"

I'm on PS4, Enhanced Edition. I haven't used any of the radial menus yet either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Honest question, what is this "tweakables?"

I'm on PS4, Enhanced Edition. I haven't used any of the radial menus yet either.

when you start a new game, in the section where you can set custom difficulty there is a checkbox for advanced tweakables.

check it. 

 

you'll get the option to auto strut components with a right click in the SPH or VAB (think of it as internal structural reinforcement)meaning those floppy wings and rockets that needed liberal applications of "space tape" can be made rigid without the unsightly bars everywhere. 

you'll also get the option to observe and adjust fuel flow and distribution throughout your craft  (you can set which tanks get used first etc.) pretty helpful, and can be a boon to keeping vehicles stable as the fuel consumes. 

there might be some other things it does - but I can't recall off the top of my head.

 

I build alot of  SSTO space planes, autostrut is excellent for that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GrouchyDevotee if you try it, I'd be very interested to know if you experience more of those serious bugs that have been mentioned in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deddly said:

@GrouchyDevotee if you try it, I'd be very interested to know if you experience more of those serious bugs that have been mentioned in this thread.

I’ve started a new game with no advanced tweakables and I haven’t had any bugs yet. On my previous game I had some tweakables on and had a lot of save issues. The bug that the game wouldn’t save or return to the space center.

 

That hasn’t happend since. The only thing that keeps being ignoying is the trim settings, but thats no bug, thats a controle issue.

Edited by Haye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just putting my 2 pennies worth in, I personally use tweakables, for me it was one of the best features of 1.2, allowing us to build stable, solid craft without the obscene part count that comes with needing a fist full of struts. However, I still haven't experienced half the "game breaking" bugs, described by many of you guys.

As I've said in previous posts, the most persistent bug I've so far encountered, is the stage lockout when switching between vessels using the map screen.

I've, (so far) had zero problems with save not reloading, or being lost, I've certainly not found this disabled engine bug that @Event Horizon is experiencing.

As a thought, has anyone considered where their game is saved? What I mean is that I have an external drive that holds my most played digital games, Ksp included, and (as I've said) I've had no problems with saves.

Also, is the save problems a predominantly playstation problem, or is it across both console versions?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just started a Career Mode game after playing Science Mode (without incident) since the Enhanced Edition launched in the hope that the recent patch has helped.  I haven't got far yet (first Mun Fly-by), but so far I've only experienced a minor bug.  Occasionally, when I recover a vehicle at the end of the mission, it remains at its landing site and has to be recovered from the Tracking Station.

One thing I am careful of; I save the game before changing vessels or returning to KSC and always wait for the save to finish before switch views.  Whether this makes any difference at all remains to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, AndyChilly said:

Thats another problem, it doesn't affect achievements at all! I debugged into orbit after playing with with the menu the day I got the game and got a kerbin Orbit achievement...so now i'm not using it anymore as i dont want anymore ill gotten achievements..

whats so bad about getting achievements?

Edited by Reactive Xenon
Past post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Reactive Xenon said:

 

whats so bad about getting achievements?

This cheat has been fixed by recent patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerbuvim said:

This cheat has been fixed by recent patch.

Yeah, thank Jeb for that.

 

Update: I was angry at squad, now, i'm not as angry at squad lol 

This first patch gave me some confidence that they are working towards a getting us a bug free game and 90 issues fixed is great. as such I have stopped having my hissy fit and have added a couple more bugs to the bug tracker. namely issues with EVA controls and flight suit trying to stabilise even once sas is turned off. and also the lack of zoom function once a manuver node is opened (in cursor mode anyway).

Ive finally opened the game back up and and gently easing my way back into Science mode. 

Please please please don't stop working on patches for Enhanced Edition Squad. I BEG YOU!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Yeah, thank Jeb for that.

 

Update: I was angry at squad, now, i'm not as angry at squad lol 

This first patch gave me some confidence that they are working towards a getting us a bug free game and 90 issues fixed is great. as such I have stopped having my hissy fit and have added a couple more bugs to the bug tracker. namely issues with EVA controls and flight suit trying to stabilise even once sas is turned off. and also the lack of zoom function once a manuver node is opened (in cursor mode anyway).

Ive finally opened the game back up and and gently easing my way back into Science mode. 

Please please please don't stop working on patches for Enhanced Edition Squad. I BEG YOU!

 

 

Its good that not all hope has been lost for ksp console thankfully Im buying it tommorow so Ill be able to play ksp for the first tine in months

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Reactive Xenon said:

Its good that not all hope has been lost for ksp console thankfully Im buying it tommorow so Ill be able to play ksp for the first tine in months

 

make no mistake, there are still plenty of annoy gliches that can force you to restart the game. and i believe they havent yet fixed a vital Time Warp glitch. you but can get stuff done now....once thing i have noted is that the control of your kerbal when walking around on the surface is amazing compared to Flying Tigers version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm the only one not to give a flying fig about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who works in a digital marketing agency it’s still incredibly weird to me that squad hasn’t been more proactive where the console is involved. They rarely mention it and act as if the console is more of a nuisance than an asset. Which heck, maybe it is to them. But we’ve spent capital on their product and expect the dignity of feedback. But it’s just ridiculous how much they avoid user inquiries or cannot provide information as simple as “yes we’re aware of the problem and are working on it” or even information on IF an update to the current PC update is in the works on any level. I guarantee that is not too much to ask for and firmly believe squad needs pressure applied to them to be responsible to their fan base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.