[1.12.5] Grannus Expansion Pack [v1.2.8] [10 May 2022]

OhioBob

UPDATE

Version 1.2.4

Changelog

• Added Optional Mods: GEP_Rescale for 2.5x and 10x versions of GEP.
  • Revised atmospheres (surface pressure unchanged, heights different).
  • Revised rotation periods of Sirona, RAB-58E & Cernunnos.
  • Revised flying altitude thresholds.
  • Revised NavBall switch radius multipliers.
  • Revised scatterer atmosphere textures and configs.
  • Revised EVE Clouds for better compatibility with other mods.
  • Revised Taranis' lava texture and color.
  • Revised RAB-58E's fade limits to fix frame rate drop.
  • Updated CelestialBodies.pdf.

This update includes many important updates, bug fixes, and improvements.

This update is certified to work only with KSP 1.12.1 or newer.  It may work with older KSP versions, though it has not been tested and support will not be provided.

Atmospheres have been redone to provide conformity across all Team Galileo products.

There is nothing about this update that is anticipated to break existing saves.

Adding GEP_Rescale to an existing save is not recommended.

For more information about Rescale mods, read here.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by OhioBob

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TR_HyDra said:

Hey, just wanted to ask if this is getting SpaceDust compatibility or isn't really aiming for that?

I don't know what SpaceDust is, so at this point in time I'd have to say I'm not aiming for that.

33 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what SpaceDust is, so at this point in time I'd have to say I'm not aiming for that.

Oh alright, SpaceDust is the mod that Nertea made for space resource destributions and for his Near Future and Far Future suite. I was just curious, thanks for the quick answer.

4 hours ago, TR_HyDra said:

Oh alright, SpaceDust is the mod that Nertea made for space resource destributions and for his Near Future and Far Future suite. I was just curious, thanks for the quick answer.

If Space Dust works like other resource mods I'm familiar with, then it likely distributes resources randomly if no specialized support is provided.

Perhaps @Nertea can verify for us.

Edited by OhioBob

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

If Space Dust works like other resource mods I'm familiar with, then it likely distributes resources randomly if no specialized support is provided.

Perhaps @Nertea can verify for us.

Space Dust is a very different resource mod. It does not distribute resources randomly. Its configs are far more intricate than what you know with the likes of PLANETARY_RESOURCE{} which is why:

• Random distributions can't be done;
  • I don't make configs for it. Setting up a template system like Rational Resources for it is a mountain (of work) that I've decided not to climb.

UPDATE

Version 1.2.5

Changelog

• Added higher resolution clouds for Nodens and Epona.
  • Fixed bug in clouds heights for Rescale mods.
  • Adjusted time warp limits for new atmosphere heights.
  • Miscellaneous other minor fixes.

Be advised that this version of GEP is compatible with scatterer only through v0.0772.  Newer versions of scatterer may not work.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by OhioBob

• 3 weeks later...

When installing this mod, the clouds added by Stock Visual Enchancements disappeared? I'm not sure what the problem is. Here is the list of mods I have installed.

Spoiler

B9 Part Switch
Community Resource Pack
Community Tech Tree
Cryo Tanks
CTTP
Deployable Engines
Distant Object Enchancement
Dynamic Battery Storage
EVE
Grannus Expansion Pack
Heat Control
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes
Hyper Edit
Kerbal Actuators (yet to be added to game data, for NF aeronautics)
Kerbal Atomics
Kerbalized Suits
Kopernicus
Modular Flight Integrator
Module Manager
Minor Planets Expansion Revived
Near Future Aeronautics (yet to be added to game data)
Near Future Construction
Near Future Electrical
Near Future Exploration (yet to be added to game data)
Near Future Launch Vehicles
Near Future Props
Near Future Propulsion
Near Future Solar
Near Future Spacecraft
Outer Planets Mod
SCAN Sat
SVE
Warp Drive
Warp Everywhere

What's the problem here?

1 hour ago, MCWither_Storm said:

What's the problem here?

I don't know, it works fine for me.  Of course I don't have the same mods installed as you do.  Of the mods on your list, these are the one I have installed:

Spoiler

B9 Part Switch
CTTP
Distant Object Enhancement
EVE
Grannus Expansion Pack
Kopernicus
Module Manager
Outer Planets Mod
SCAN Sat
SVE

I also have about 15 other mods installed that you don't have.  If the problem is with one of the other mods on your list, you're going to have to help me and figure out which one it is, because I'm not going to go and install all those just to test it.  But to be honest, I don't know why any of those other mods would have any affect on clouds.

32 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know, it works fine for me.  Of course I don't have the same mods installed as you do.  Of the mods on your list, these are the one I have installed:

Hide contents

B9 Part Switch
CTTP
Distant Object Enhancement
EVE
Grannus Expansion Pack
Kopernicus
Module Manager
Outer Planets Mod
SCAN Sat
SVE

I also have about 15 other mods installed that you don't have.  If the problem is with one of the other mods on your list, you're going to have to help me and figure out which one it is, because I'm not going to go and install all those just to test it.  But to be honest, I don't know why any of those other mods would have any affect on clouds.

To be honest, I don't know. It was fine until I installed this mod.

15 hours ago, MCWither_Storm said:

To be honest, I don't know. It was fine until I installed this mod.

I can't fix a problem I can't reproduce.  Your best bet is to strip your installation down to just the following and see if it works.

• Squad
  • SquadExpansion (if applicable)
  • EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
  • GEP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager
  • SVE

If it doesn't work, then there may be a installation error of some sort, because it works fine for me.  If it does work, then start reinstalling mods until it no longer works, and then tell me which mod broke it.

• 2 weeks later...

I also realized a problem with the sunflare on GEP_Primary... GEP looks like it tries to edit the stock sunflare when using Primary rather than replace it, and so while the old syntax is supported GEP itself is trying to edit a file with the new syntax as if it has the old one and so only scatterers stock sunflare loads for Sun when Primary is installed.

Scatterer version is still the former 0.0772 here

I fixed it with a patch but I think it would be a good idea pointing that out.

Edited by TR_HyDra

• 5 months later...

UPDATE

Version 1.2.7

Changelog

• Increased Nodens' SOI to 26,000 km (now completely contains Belisama's SOI).
  • Fixed Grannus' sunflare for GEP_Primary.

This update includes a couple of fixed that I've been sitting on and forgot to release.  Sorry for the delay.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, eggzy said:

One day I will finally reach the Grannus SOI. I've finally got a toaster that can crunch GPP + GEP and I've never been so excited. Thank you for all that you do!

I've never actually traveled to Grannus when installed as a secondary system.  I just never got that far when playing GPP+GEP.  The only times I've explored the Grannus system was with it installed as primary.  I think it's a pretty fun system to play that way - different than most other things I've played.

Thank you for fixing the SOI issue at Belisama! It was the one thing that always bugged me about an otherwise perfectly made system.

I noticed that GEP_Rescale still doesn't include patches to scale up Nodens' SOI like it does for Grannus (the other body with a manually overridden SOI value). Is this intentional?

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I've never actually traveled to Grannus when installed as a secondary system.  I just never got that far when playing GPP+GEP.  The only times I've explored the Grannus system was with it installed as primary.  I think it's a pretty fun system to play that way - different than most other things I've played.

I actually just patched Grannus mean anomaly at epoch yesterday and it's installed rescaled at 2.5x as secondary in JNSQ, I also increased its eccentricity and semimajor axis by a lot... now it's way out and moving away, and it'll take like 1000+ years to travel there using chemical rockets lol. Hopefully this will give some incentive to using Blueshift soon. Fingers crossed. 

12 hours ago, Leganeski said:

I noticed that GEP_Rescale still doesn't include patches to scale up Nodens' SOI like it does for Grannus (the other body with a manually overridden SOI value). Is this intentional?

Well, crap!  You're right, I missed that.  I guess another quick update is needed.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.