[1.12.5] Grannus Expansion Pack [v1.2.8] [10 May 2022]

OhioBob

5 hours ago, Leganeski said:

Unfortunately, if I understand it correctly, HeatShifter is an important part of GEP, and required for the atmosphere of Toutatis to work properly.

Yeah, I really don't want to lose HeatShifter.  Sounds like something is going to be broken no matter what I do.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 9:40 PM, Leganeski said:

Are the orbital eccentricity and SOI radius of Grannus supposed to be changed when using JNSQ_Rescale_1X (and not GPP)? Currently, there is a patch for integration with JNSQ at 2.5x and 10x scales, but nothing at stock scale.

Yes, the orbit of Grannus should be changed.  That fact that it isn't is an oversight.  I figure the best place to add this change is in the JNSQ 1x rescale, since that's the only rescale mod required in that scenario.  To the JNSQ 1x rescale mod I'm adding the file JNSQ_Bodies/Grannus.cfg, which includes the following:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GEP]:NEEDS[JNSQ,!GPP,!GEP_Primary]
{
	@Body[Grannus]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			@sphereOfInfluence = 7.5E+11
			@hillSphere = 7.5E+11
		}
		@Orbit
		{
			@eccentricity  = 0.1
			@longitudeOfAscendingNode  = 195
			@meanAnomalyAtEpoch  = -0.426
		}
	}
}

3 hours ago, intelliCom said:

Thinking of getting the Grannus Expansion Pack alongside JNSQ. What does the entire system look like with them together?

Also, what are the affects with Principia?

For JNSQ and GEP to work together properly, you need to resize one of them.  You must either add the GEP 2.5x Rescale mod to make it match the size of JNSQ, or the JNSQ 1x Rescale mod to make it match the size of GEP.  In either case, JNSQ will be the primary system with Kerbin the home world.  The star Grannus will orbit Kerbol with the GEP planets orbiting Grannus.

Both JNSQ and GEP have been tested with Principia and verified to work fine individually.  I've never tested the two installed together with Principia, but I suspect it should work OK.  Both systems require some changes to work correctly with Principia, but those changes are built in, so you shouldn't have to do anything.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

For JNSQ and GEP to work together properly, you need to resize one of them.  You must either add the GEP 2.5x Rescale mod to make it match the size of JNSQ, or the JNSQ 1x Rescale mod to make it match the size of GEP.  In either case, JNSQ will be the primary system with Kerbin the home world.  The star Grannus will orbit Kerbol with the GEP planets orbiting Grannus.

Both JNSQ and GEP have been tested with Principia and verified to work fine individually.  I've never tested the two installed together with Principia, but I suspect it should work OK.  Both systems require some changes to work correctly with Principia, but those changes are built in, so you shouldn't have to do anything.

I'm also a CKAN pleb. I plan to have JNSQ and GEP be CKAN downloads, while Principia is, of course, manual.

So what I'm basically looking at is a local group of two systems. How far apart? Is there a screenshot of both systems in the map view?

1 minute ago, intelliCom said:

I'm also a CKAN pleb. I plan to have JNSQ and GEP be CKAN downloads, while Principia is, of course, manual.

Even with CKAN, you will need to at least choose which scale you are using. This involves choosing either the GEP 2.5x rescale or the JNSQ 1x rescale, and selecting it on CKAN (if CKAN has it; I don't remember which ones it it has) or inserting it manually from the optional rescale folder in the appropriate download.

4 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

So what I'm basically looking at is a local group of two systems. How far apart?

At 1x scale, Grannus remains at its normal average distance from Sun, 2,000,000,000 kilometers. At 2.5x scale, this is of course increased to 5,000,000,000 kilometers.

If you choose to use the systems at 1x scale, you will probably want to include a recent fix for JNSQ-GEP integration that has not yet been incorporated into any release.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, kurtu5 said:

I wanted to give GEP_Primary a shot and use Remote Tech, but it seems Nodens is using Gael's config and there are no ground stations near the launch site.  Am I missing something here?

I assume you have GPP installed as secondary?  It appears that GPP's RemoteTech config fails to disable when GPP is secondary.  This is an oversight in GPP.

To fix it, I suggest opening the file GPP/GPP_Configs/GPP_RemoteTech.cfg and changing the first line to read the following:

@RemoteTechSettings:NEEDS[GPP,!GPP_Secondary]

Nodens should be using the stock ground stations.

Edited by OhioBob

Yes I have GPP Secondary.  Perhaps that also explains why Research Bodies was also being so finicky(where a couple of GEP bodies remained always unidentified) I uninstalled it.  My guess is very few have tried GEP_Primary, so these edge cases haven't been discovered yet.  To bad, your work is so nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiiii, just wondering, where is Grannus? I'm pretty sure I installed the mod right (I followed the instructions) but I don't see it from the tracking station.  Is this normal or did it not install correctly? This is from a fresh save, by the way.

image.png?width=1202&height=676

Edited by Kazako

31 minutes ago, Kazako said:

Hiiii, just wondering, where is Grannus? I'm pretty sure I installed the mod right (I followed the instructions) but I don't see it from the tracking station.  Is this normal or did it not install correctly? This is from a fresh save, by the way.

You've done something wrong or else it would be working.  But since I don't know what you did, I can't tell you what you did wrong.  The installation is pretty straightforward - you just need to make sure the GEP folder is copied into the GameData folder of your KSP install.  And, or course, you need to install Kopernicus and its dependencies.  At a minimum, your GameData folder should include the following:

• 000_Harmony
  • GEP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll

44 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You've done something wrong or else it would be working.  But since I don't know what you did, I can't tell you what you did wrong.  The installation is pretty straightforward - you just need to make sure the GEP folder is copied into the GameData folder of your KSP install.  And, or course, you need to install Kopernicus and its dependencies.  At a minimum, your GameData folder should include the following:

• 000_Harmony
  • GEP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll

Oh! Okay, I think I forgot to get the Kopernicus dependencies then. I'll see if I can't fix that now - thanks!

Okay so, the commnet mod works, and the flags and such added by the mod show up, and I've made sure I have Harmony, GEP, Kopernicus, and ModularFlightIntegrator in the gamedata folder, and I do have Squad (of course) and ModuleManager. I'm not sure what's wrong, as I still cannot see the system - can you show me what the tracking station map looks like with the mod working as intended? I've checked for it in a new save, and it's still not there when I zoom all the way out.

Edited by Kazako

17 hours ago, Kazako said:

Okay so, the commnet mod works, and the flags and such added by the mod show up, and I've made sure I have Harmony, GEP, Kopernicus, and ModularFlightIntegrator in the gamedata folder, and I do have Squad (of course) and ModuleManager. I'm not sure what's wrong, as I still cannot see the system - can you show me what the tracking station map looks like with the mod working as intended? I've checked for it in a new save, and it's still not there when I zoom all the way out.

A screenshot of your gamedatafolder would also help.

20 hours ago, Kazako said:

GEP adds a second star with a big red orbit line circling the stock system.  If it is there, you can't miss it. This shows what it looks like: 

KSP Mods - Grannus Expansion Pack, by Kottabos Games

As modus suggested, a screenshot of your GameData folder would be helpful.

Edited by OhioBob

10 hours ago, modus said:

A screenshot of your gamedatafolder would also help.

7 hours ago, OhioBob said:

GEP adds a second star with a big red orbit line circling the stock system.  If it is there, you can't miss it. This shows what it looks like: 

KSP Mods - Grannus Expansion Pack, by Kottabos Games

As modus suggested, a screenshot of your GameData folder would be helpful.

Agh, I'd love to show you but it's such a mess, I have a bunch of other mods too. As far as I'm aware, none of them modify planets in any way, so I'm pretty sure they're not affecting it.

I did remove GEP and Kopernicus because Kopernicus I believe had broken myy solar panels, but looking at my files now, I remember that there were two Kopernicus builds I could install. 

image.png

I installed KSP19PLUS. Should I have installed KSP18? I could try installing that and seeing if that works.

1 hour ago, Kazako said:

I installed KSP19PLUS. Should I have installed KSP18? I could try installing that and seeing if that works.

It looks like you're downloading and installing the Kopernicus master.  You don't want to do that.  You need to use the current release from here:

Releases · Kopernicus/Kopernicus (github.com)

1 hour ago, Kazako said:

Eh, if it helps it helps. Here's  my gamedata folder, minus GEP, Kopernicus, and ModularFlightIntegrator:

I wanted to see your GameData with those mods installed so I could confirm that it looked right.

Edited by OhioBob

31 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

It looks like you're downloading and installing the Kopernicus master.  You don't want to do that.  You need to use the current release from here:

Releases · Kopernicus/Kopernicus (github.com)

I wanted to see your GameData with those mods installed so I could confirm that it looked right.

Okayy! Here, this is the GameData folder with everything including the proper Kopernicus mod.

image.png?width=638&height=676

I'll test this out and see if it works, thanks for the help. Tell me if there's anything wrong here.

• 1 year later...

I'm getting awfully tired of having to choose between this old classic of a mod or a bunch of other mods that work with the latest versions of Scatterer.

Therefore, I humbly sternly, with great concern for this mod's future, request demand insist that this mod finally update its planets to be able to work with the latest versions of Scatterer (even if it might involve porting over older Scatterer functionality to the mod itself for use on its own planets only), including on CKAN (which still lists modern versions of Scatterer as a conflicting mod), or else I fear that this mod would have to be passed up (that, or I'd have to request a patch that would make it compatable with the latest versions of Scatterer).