[1.12.5] Grannus Expansion Pack [v1.2.8] [10 May 2022]

OhioBob

For GEP to work, you must have at least the following installed in your GameData folder:

• GEP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll

The problem with solar panels is that KSP does not natively support multiple stars.  Everything that allows the existence of multiple stars is done through Kopernicus.  Kopernicus includes it own solar panel module that allows panels to track and receive power from stars other than "the Sun".  Right-clicking on the solar panels brings up an options menu that allows you to select the tracking body.  If set to Auto, the panels should track the brightest nearby star.  But if this bugs out and isn't working correctly, you can select specifically which star you want the panels to track.

Kerbalism is a separate mod that has conflicts with Kopernicus' solar panel module.  To resolve the conflict, Kerbalism simple disables Kopernicus' solar panels.  In this instance, only "the Sun" will power solar panels.  You will receive no power at all from any other stars.  Kerbalism is, therefore, not recommended for use with any planet pack that adds stars.

Edited by OhioBob

18 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The solar panels are suppose to track the brightest light source, but I believe it's a bit buggy and doesn't always worked right.  If you right-click on the solar panels you should be able to select the star that they track.  If you select Grannus the solar panels should point in that direction.

Also, according to the screenshot of your GameData folder, you don't have ModularFlightIntegrator installed.  ModularFlightIntegrator comes in the Kopernicus download and must be installed for Koperniucs to work.

Fixed guys thx

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Luc1fer You're missing ModularFlightIntegrator. Nothing in the Kopernicus download is optional.

Also, I don't see Kerbalism. Kopernicus and Kerbalism are two entirely different mods. Please don't confuse the words.

:D:sticktongue:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem and I'm not sure if this mod causes it. I've had this problem before, but never this bad.

I plot a trajectory to ceti from gael, i get close to a periapsis of about 50 km then when i warp to a closer point my periapsis is now 600 something km. Sometimes i even lose planet intercepts this way.

1) How do i figure out which mod is the culprit ?

2) I suspect that it's the large distances in the new GPP + GEP map that are causing such floating point errors. If i unintstall GEP will this break my save and/or aleviate the issue ?

Edited by Nicky21

11 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

I have a problem and I'm not sure if this mod causes it. I've had this problem before, but never this bad.

I plot a trajectory to ceti from gael, i get close to a periapsis of about 50 km then when i warp to a closer point my periapsis is now 600 something km. Sometimes i even lose planet intercepts this way.

2) I suspect that it's the large distances in the new GPP + GEP map that are causing such floating point errors. If i unintstall GEP will this break my save and/or aleviate the issue ?

This sounds like an intrinsic problem of stock KSP itself, how it handles floating point errors etc. The same thing happens in the stock system too, just not as prominent because the distances are much smaller. Distance really ampifies this problem.

I might be wrong though, just my suspicion.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Nicky21 said:

I don't know what's causing your problem, but to answer your questions...

1)  Remove the your mods one by one until the problem goes away.  To speed up the process you can remove them in groups instead of one at a time.  When the problem goes away, start adding back the mods from the last group one by one until the problem reappears. **

2)  I have no idea if removing GEP will alleviate the problem or not.  You'll just have to try it and see what happens.  As long as you don't have any current missions within the Grannus system, you should be able to delete GEP without breaking your save.

** This method doesn't guarantee that the removed mod is the source of the problem.  It could be that some other mod is causing the problem, but only when the removed mod is installed.

Edited by OhioBob

Just a quick follow -up:

I unistalled teh GEP mod and i also deleted teh grannus star from the GPP folder and now my game is back to being error free. Such a shame as i really was looking forward to setting up a generation colony ship :(.

1 hour ago, Nicky21 said:

Just a quick follow -up:

I unistalled teh GEP mod and i also deleted teh grannus star from the GPP folder and now my game is back to being error free. Such a shame as i really was looking forward to setting up a generation colony ship :(.

Just out of curiosity, how can you check if this problem is still there when you dont have a star anymore to encounter?

As far as I understood the problem was only really amplified to a bothersome proportion by targeting the far away star? Or am I mistaken?

5 hours ago, Dafni said:

Just out of curiosity, how can you check if this problem is still there when you dont have a star anymore to encounter?

As far as I understood the problem was only really amplified to a bothersome proportion by targeting the far away star? Or am I mistaken?

The problem was horrible. Even my orbits around Gael were off my several kilometers after time warp. I lost encounters to ceti and even an encounter went from 50 km at pe to 500 km at pe. 

7 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Although removing Grannus/GEP may have fixed the problem, it's possible they may not be the source of the problem.  If you have the time to run some further tests, I'd recommend removing all mods except the essentials:

• GPP
  • GEP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

Then run the game and see if you have the problem.  If not, then something else might be the culprit.  You could then add back your other mods until the problem reoccurs.  You should be able to isolate what else is triggering it.

If you experience the problem with just the bare essentials installed, then I don't know what to tell you.  Many other people have been playing the game without having this issue.

Edited by OhioBob

23 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.4.5, GEP 1.0.1.1

AVC is reporting that a new version is available (1.0.1.2) but GitHub doesn't have it, despite the AVC download button taking me there.  What am I missing?

You're too fast.  I have to update the AVC version file before I can zip everything and upload it to GitHub.  You just happened to check in the short window of time while everything was being updated.  It's all good now, so check again.

UPDATE

Version 1.0.1.2

Changelog

• Revised staticPressureASL for GEP_Primary; engine Isp now correctly computed.

This update affects GEP_Primary only.  Regular GEP is unchanged, though you will still get the update notification.  To stop receiving the notification, you'll have to update GrannusExpansionPack.version.

For users of GEP_Primary, this update fixes a bug that caused the specific impulse of engines operating in an atmosphere to be incorrectly computed.  Since Isp was previously being computed too high, this update has the potential to break existing launch vehicles.

See opening post for download link and instructions.

31 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You're too fast.  I have to update the AVC version file before I can zip everything and upload it to GitHub.  You just happened to check in the short window of time while everything was being updated.  It's all good now, so check again.

My apologies.  I don't check very often so I figure I'm never on the bleeding edge of updates.  No pressure intended; I can always wait.  And, thanks for all that you do for KSP.

Edited by Brigadier

• 2 weeks later...

GPP in KSP 1.5

The current version of GPP appears to be working correctly with KSP 1.5 and Kopernicus 1.5.0-1.  However, you will get an "Unsupported KSP Version" warning.  Just ignore this message and click close, everything should work OK.  I will eventually fix this, but it's is such a minor issue that I see no reason to rush.  Chances are we'll see some further 1.5.x releases coming from Squad in the coming weeks.  I'll release an update once the dust has settled.

Edited by OhioBob

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I installed GEP. Everything works normally.I tried to launch first spacecraft.I opened map view.And i saw my maps loads in about 5 seconds(a

lso have this problem in OWR) anything to do?

What versions are you using?  There's a bug in Kopernicus 1.5.0-1 that causes a problem as you describe.  It's fixed in 1.5.1-1.  It that's the issue, then you're going to have to upgrade.

Edited by OhioBob

Anyone launched any crew to GEP yet? Without ftl that is :D 

Hw far away is the GEP system from the GPP system? I know GPP is huge, my current hope is to maybe add in GEP after I do enough GPP missions, that may be a while as gpp has a lot of places to see and is hard with something like kerbalism ahaha

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Anyone launched any crew to GEP yet? Without ftl that is :D 

I haven't, but people have reported traveling to Grannus.  Though I don't know if any of the missions were crewed.  I think it's feasible to do it in as little as 20 years with conventional rockets.  My only excursion through the Grannus system was playing GEP_Primary.

Hw far away is the GEP system from the GPP system?

It varies but at the start of a new game it's 1.286 billion kilometers.  That's more than double Leto's distance.

Edited by OhioBob