Pretty but buggy

28 minutes ago, KonsoleMinimalist said:

Ok i have no coding so if you say.  but if that is the case then the code fixes are then already mostly done then by that logic. 

But they're also entangled with localization, which for whatever reason SQUAD did not want to port to consoles yet. (That may have been just a matter of how mature or available 1.3 was when Blitworks had to start their port.) But to take fixes that were made and tested while the game was partially or completely localized and backport them to a version with no localization would void the testing and probably introduce new bugs. You have to have a cut-off somewhere that defines the target product you're trying to ship, and "1.2.2" means not just the features but also the bugs.

I have also heard the opposite argument that coding for PC and consoles are so night and day that almost nothing translates so there might not be any fixes ready and it is a whole new ballgame.

I guess you can think about the fact that people are re-discovering issues that are already on the PC 1.2.2 bug tracker and make up your own mind on that. :)

- When i decided to quit the game :i pushed the Xbox bouton on my crontroller and i quit the game (via the quit button of the dashboard) to return to the dashboard (i saved my game before doing that). Then, i have just relaunch the game and try to load a save.

- When i said "Restart the console"  it's for shutting down  the xbox One. That does nothing and i still had the same visual bug.

I had to reboot my console (hard reset + unplug it ) to fix the bug. That does clear the cache i think.

Yes, but sadly when I go into the tracking station, exit the tracking station, and go to the launchpad, my rocket works. So there has to be some other detail that's making it go wrong. I can't reproduce your problem.

I know you have to reproduce the bugs to fix them. I'm sorry, i didn't remember what i was doing before this happened or which button i click.

That's the problem with the bugs :  they don't warn you to be careful for the next 5 minutes...before they broke the game :)

And  that's why i know that sometimes, it could be long before you could reproduce it :wink:

Edited by Chic_Planet

I broke the game ;.;

I tried to switch from one craft to the other around the moon using the LB and D-pad, but the craft was way to far away. Like other side of the mun. I went to the map using LB+RB, selected the other craft and pressed the switch to button. It didn’t switch to it, and now i cant save the game, I cant go back to space center. I have turned the xbox off, went to bed, no this morning same problem. Once in space i cant save and cant return to the space center. The game will load a saved game, but if i load the game just before the switch, same problem. If I load a saved game hours before the mun switch the game works fine.

I did do a EVA crewtransfer just before trying to switch, and I had the mission explore the mun active. (This mission I can not discart any more)

other question, Is there a easy way to fly your kerbal in EVA? In the old version it was soo easy to fly, but now If i try to aim my kerbal in the right direction, he or she keeps on spinning. SASdoesnt help, I use time warp to stop the spin. In the old version if you aimed the camera at something the kerbal would automaticly position it self to what ever you are aiming at. That doesnt work anymore. Tips anyone?

discovered more bugs in the Box version, vanishing contracts and the unexpected "feature" of the ability to recover a craft in flight and in motion exactly as if it were landed and stationary.

Also reasonably often highlighting a part (so it goes green) when in flight and clicking "B" to open the menu associated with it either does nothing, or opens the menu of the part its attached to (e.g. a thermometer opens the command pod its bolted to), this is an improvement over the first port - where "B" simply often did nothing I guess

All in all i do enjoy playing this version. Bugs and all. I have started to quick load because it helps reverting back to the last auto save. I also just completed an apollo replica in career mode with lots of parts and park clipping. That was impossible in the old one. My station doesnt lag and it is easier in career mode then it was in the other and i got really good at it since starting over was the default status due to crashes. I have learned to work around the bugs i suggest everyone learn to do the same, we might have 18 months before its patched. :wink:

would prefer "ugly but functional" over "pretty but buggy" more or less any day.

there are some nice touches here for sure, the plasma black out is nice, the sound and graphics feel better and sharper, the on screen text seems a lot easier to read (this may be down to playing on a larger screen, but even taking account of that the game feels like its been rescaled for 1080 in a more logical way), the new controls are interesting and not perfect but once you have three control methods the door is opened to a more customisable system at some point with user preferences which would be nice.

I miss the rocket blast off when you launch the game, and the totally silent loading process made me wonder if I had the sound on mute.

Glad to hear some of the lag has gone and presumably from that the game handles larger craft better - do we still have the 300 part limit or is it now "as many as you can tolerate the frame rate from"?

if this is going to be another 18 months frankly I'll go and find something else, bought the last version in the first week of launch, and have been waiting ever since for a version thats worth putting the time in to play in anything other than sandbox mode

2 minutes ago, Leopard said:

would prefer "ugly but functional" over "pretty but buggy" more or less any day.

there are some nice touches here for sure, the plasma black out is nice, the sound and graphics feel better and sharper, the on screen text seems a lot easier to read (this may be down to playing on a larger screen, but even taking account of that the game feels like its been rescaled for 1080 in a more logical way), the new controls are interesting and not perfect but once you have three control methods the door is opened to a more customisable system at some point with user preferences which would be nice.

I miss the rocket blast off when you launch the game, and the totally silent loading process made me wonder if I had the sound on mute.

Glad to hear some of the lag has gone and presumably from that the game handles larger craft better - do we still have the 300 part limit or is it now "as many as you can tolerate the frame rate from"?

if this is going to be another 18 months frankly I'll go and find something else, bought the last version in the first week of launch, and have been waiting ever since for a version thats worth putting the time in to play in anything other than sandbox mode

I hear ya on more functional but the other wasn't at all really. And the part count is what you can stand. You can do more parts if you dont clip or "hide" like my apollo started to slow down but just slightly. And as far as waiting 18 months i dont think it will take that long i really hope they continue to work on the consoles and we see 1.3 and even making history. I would even hope if not mod support then integration of popular things like mechjeb. The read out you see on you tubers that give delta V and other relevant info. 

glad to hear the fixed part count has gone, that was an irritation - can live with the game slowing down when you do it, can live with a warning notice when the FPS drops too low that this is because of the part count and perhaps a revision is in order to the design, as long as it has a "never show me this again" button on it.

I'm hoping we see a first patch for the known issues in about four weeks after launch, and a second one four weeks later for anything else thats "easy" as a quick win - with anything thats been reported that needs a bit more in-depth investigation or significant code changes acknowledged with a planned update schedule published (as rough dates)

e.g. 

Patch one: 4 weeks

Patch two: 8 weeks

Patch three: 6 months

or something, noted that there is validation from the console companies on top of this, but just to show that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an approaching explosion

On 17.1.2018 at 1:05 AM, KonsoleMinimalist said:

Thank you i believe i am in radial and i like it fine except for the throttle control. Got to say i am enjoying this game again. 

How can you use time warp/speed up in this mode? I was fin with this mode until i checked, there is no way to speed up the time in this mode, except switching to cursor and click the time multipler top left on the screen. Also the reverse functionality of the thrust mode (LB+DPad UP for small changes and DPad Up for full!) was the reason I switched to the Cursor controler schema. If this two issues were fixed I would prefer the radial menu.

Edited by Monkey-CH

12 minutes ago, Chic_Planet said:

you just have tu push Y (on Xbox) to open the radial menu and choose the time control : after that, you can easily warp with R1 and L1 :wink:
Once you used to do that, time controlled is even faster than in the cursor menu :wink:

In situation I speed up the time, I must stop it imediatly and this solution would be much to slow. So in the case of a burn timer we want reach the T- Time faster, this is very annyoing to do with the radial menu. On the cursor schema we have LB-X/B to control the time speed. This should also work in radial controler schema, as we sometimes must switch it fast.

Edited by Monkey-CH

Well i broke the game now. Didnt take 6 months either. Worst part is i am not sure why or how it happened. For one i have been having the issue of the confirm button not wanting to work in the pause menu when trying to do anything except load a quick save but then it doesnt start working again once it loads its just a deadlock. Thats been the most annoying bug i have delt with but now i just found a game breaker. I had launched a mission to the mun everything was fine until i found a design flaw ( my mistake) rather then reverting i call it off and came home, fighting the confirm button three times as it wouldnt recover the ship. Finally getting it recovered i went to the launch pad by mistake but saw the vessel i was just in not in my stable. So i went to the VAB to open the saved crafts and all that was in there was an auto save from several days ago and no buttons other then to back out would work not even activating the curse would work. I tried to save just a few parts as a new craft and it was still the same. I have lost all my crafts in career mode an entire week of playing and building a well funded and high science career because inorder to keep playing it i have to build each ship from scratch every time now. Thats a game break. The information you need is i was in radial and i was playing in career mode and i using buttons and sticks to control my craft but maybe playing this game is why it broke.  Its not meant to be used just looked at. I was happy with this until now 

Well i broke the game now. Didnt take 6 months either. Worst part is i am not sure why or how it happened. For one i have been having the issue of the confirm button not wanting to work in the pause menu when trying to do anything except load a quick save but then it doesnt start working again once it loads its just a deadlock. Thats been the most annoying bug i have delt with but now i just found a game breaker. I had launched a mission to the mun everything was fine until i found a design flaw ( my mistake) rather then reverting i call it off and came home, fighting the confirm button three times as it wouldnt recover the ship. Finally getting it recovered i went to the launch pad by mistake but saw the vessel i was just in not in my stable. So i went to the VAB to open the saved crafts and all that was in there was an auto save from several days ago and no buttons other then to back out would work not even activating the curse would work. I tried to save just a few parts as a new craft and it was still the same. I have lost all my crafts in career mode an entire week of playing and building a well funded and high science career because inorder to keep playing it i have to build each ship from scratch every time now. Thats a game break. The information you need is i was in radial and i was playing in career mode and i using buttons and sticks to control my craft but maybe playing this game is why it broke.  Its not meant to be used just looked at. I was happy with this until now 

It isnt loading the craft the little blue slider icon isnt moving. And also now the buttons are doing strange things like if hit pause the selector doesnt go to the menu it stays where it is in radial mode like building select or part select in the vab. You cant get it to switch to cursor either. I also went and started a science mode with stock ships and it loaded fine everthing seems to work fine there but my career mode is basically un playable now. The longer i was playing it the worse it was behaving. Buttons not working, increased lagging and even textures failing. Not sure what you all tested for so long but you must not have tested any build longer then a few hours. The performance really drops off after about 5 hours of play time. 

Edited by KonsoleMinimalist

I am playing on the PS4 version and, touch wood, have yet to experience any major bugs.  The only issue I have had so far is that - on two occasions, I've unlocked some nodes on the tech tree, gone to the VAB and found I don't have the new items (playing in science mode, so no need to buy the new parts)  A quick trip back to the boys and girls in the R&D department showed I still had the science points I thought I had just spent.  On both occasions, unlocking the nodes a second time cleared the issue.

Is there a difference between the number of known bugs on PS and Xbox?  I've no idea how different the code is between the two versions and whether or not I've just been lucky so far

Edited by Clipperride

3 minutes ago, Clipperride said:

I am playing on the PS4 version and, touch wood, have yet to experience any major bugs.  The only issue I have had so far is that - on two occasions, I've unlocked some nodes on the tech tree, gone to the VAB and found I don't have the new items (playing in science mode, so no need to buy the new parts)  A quick trip back to the boys and girls in the R&D department showed I still had the science points I thought I had just spent.  On both occasions, unlocking the nodes a second time cleared the issue.

Is there a difference between the number of known bugs on PS and Xbox?  I've no idea how different the code is between the two versions and whether or not I've just been lucky so far

I am playing on the PS4 as well an i have had that issue a few times in career mode. It does the same thing with missions. Some of the bugs depend on what your control preset is from what i have read. And it seems to me career mode has so much going on it begins to break down faster. I have had to restart a career mode and have already had both the mission and science bug in the first hour. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.