[1.12.x] Kartographer (new maintainer) - Warp To control, Celestial Body Data, Vessel Select and Maneuver Editor

linuxgurugamer

@RealGecko was maintaining this for a while, original thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/167062-ksp-131

Originally created by @satnet this mod is a pretty solid set of utilities that make your flight much easier.

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Kartographer-1509426460.6679711.png

Utilities

Warp To

Gives you precise control over the "Warp To" capability. You can warp to any point in the future. It will detect maneuvers and SOI transitions and add buttons to warp straight to them. This works in the map view, tracking station, and in flight. This is a great way to get to transfer windows or warp to a maneuver that needs more than 1 minute of lead time. This is particularly useful in the tracking station where you have no limit on timewarp, but don't have an easy way to warp to a specific point in time.

Vessel Select

Gives you a list of vessels ordered by proximity. You can target or switch to any vessel in the list. This includes flags, asteroids, and debris (the latter two are suppressed unless you want them). You can clear the current target of your vessel.

This utility also allows you to "Unleash the Kraken" on you current vessel. It will destroy a random part on your vessel until it is gone. This is a far more satisfying way of clearing debris than terminating it in the tracking station.

Celestial Body Data

• Lists all celestial bodies in hierarchical order
  • Provides full information about celestial body and it's orbit
  • Allows to focus view and target the body

Maneuver Editor

Gives you full control over your maneuver nodes. Precisely control the time and delta-V of your maneuvers. Store your maneuvers, try something else, and if it doesn't work restore the original set. It also includes a subset of the "Warp To" functionality to quickly warp to a maneuver (-1 min, -10 min, and -1 hr for varied TWRs). I created this when I had an orbit that refused to give me a selection point on the current orbit and it grew from there. I've tried other maneuver editors, but I kept coming back to this one for one reason or another (mostly the ability to create a new node when the orbit click method is finicky and time controls in human friendly scales).

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Am I doing something wrong? I can't find the icon (I do not use Blizzy) for this plugin in my game. I should maybe test it in sandbox but, as I'm in carreer, are the functionnality unlocked through research?

Thanks.

EDIT /// I updated ClickThroughBlocker unlike ToolbarTools. After I updated the latest from your todays GitHub release, this is working fine (Toolbar icon selector is a nice improvement btw) 

Edited by FrancoisH
Typo

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try it in a new save

Did you just edit the OP, or am I just really bad at skimming for info? Also, does the celestial body window use hard-coded data, or does it use the data of whatever bodies are in the game at the time?

23 minutes ago, Linventor said:

Did you just edit the OP, or am I just really bad at skimming for info? Also, does the celestial body window use hard-coded data, or does it use the data of whatever bodies are in the game at the time?

I did not just edit the OP, you can actually read the original thread, it's linked in the OP

The CB Windows uses the data of whatever bodies are in the game at the time

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I did not just edit the OP, you can actually read the original thread, it's linked in the OP

The CB Windows uses the data of whatever bodies are in the game at the time

Ok, thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.