Xbox One EE: Audio crackling with Twin Boar Engine

Anyone else test use a Twin Boar engine and get a strange crackling/clicking sound when the engine is powered up?  The noise I hear is following a specific repeated pattern.  If I put the throttle to zero the noise goes away, if I slowly throttle up or down, the pitch of the crackling changes along with throttle up/down.  

It sounds like this was maybe supposed to be part of the engine noise, but the crackling I'm hearing just doesn't seem to really fit.  I have never noticed this noise with Twin Boar on previous KSP Xbox version, nor have I heard it with the PC version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 9:04 AM, bewing said:

Turns out the Mammoth engine also uses that same sound effect file, and also sounds like static. It's being worked on currently.

I have also found that the J-404 Panther engine also makes a similar crackling sound, but only when in Afterburner mode.   Normal engine mode does not produce the sound.

The J-X4 Turbo Ramjet engine is also producing a similar crackling noise for me.

On 1/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, djr5899 said:

I have also found that the J-404 Panther engine also makes a similar crackling sound, but only when in Afterburner mode.   Normal engine mode does not produce the sound.

The J-X4 Turbo Ramjet engine is also producing a similar crackling noise for me.

Thanks! I'll check it right out.

Edit: Checked and yup, you are right. The nice thing is that it's exactly the same sound effect and sound file as is causing the problem in the mammoth and twinboar on Xbox. So fixing one should fix them all.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.