Pterodactyl - Ultralight Scout

CRAFT FILE(s): https://goo.gl/Z3GyqS

GongWSJ.jpg

Presenting the Pterodactyl; a compact, light weight scout built to explore Kerbin's various nooks and crannies. :) 

ZIHoIV0.jpg

Cruising speed is just over 200m/s which is about right for hitting the tree line. :wink: 

vBwo2Oo.jpg

While the craft is extremely manoeuvrable it's also very forgiving (unlike the Squall who's handling is in need of a bit a tweak methinks).

CONTROLS:

1 - Toggle Engine.

OWNERS MANUAL:

Not much to say about this one really, just keep the SAS on at all times and a joystick is highly recommended.

EDbG8qQ.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Cupcake...

1 minute ago, Cupcake... said:

Damn, unfortunately the internet’s down at my place atm but I’ll fix it as soon as I can. Thanks for letting me know.

Cupcake...

No rush mate. And btw, some impressive flying again, nice run in that first clip.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Apologies for the act of necromancy, but I've just tried a lower-tech version of the Pterodactyl (standard canards instead of advanced, octagonal struts instead of i-beams) and it's gloriously fun, even with a keyboard. Despite their operating range, your atmospheric craft are out of this world. Unrelated, the Indigo cargo SSTO is also superb, and so is the Mindy. I'm serious, despite their outdatedness, they both have incredible performance. Recently, I took a mindy (launched with an indigo, obviously) to land on the Mun AND Minmus, and i didn;t even have to get out and push. TL;DR rockets are cool, planes are cooler, but anything made by Cupcake is the coolest. I'd post some pictures of Jeb's (and Val's (and Bill's)) escapades, but I'm not really sure how. I guess that's the end of this message, again, I realize the fact that this thread's been dead since march, but the Pterodactyl just flies too well to believe. 

Edited by Thatguywholikesionengines
there's more than one kerbal in existance

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Apologies for the act of necromancy, but I've just tried a lower-tech version of the Pterodactyl (standard canards instead of advanced, octagonal struts instead of i-beams) and it's gloriously fun, even with a keyboard. Despite their operating range, your atmospheric craft are out of this world. Unrelated, the Indigo cargo SSTO is also superb, and so is the Mindy. I'm serious, despite their outdatedness, they both have incredible performance. Recently, I took a mindy (launched with an indigo, obviously) to land on the Mun AND Minmus, and i didn;t even have to get out and push. TL;DR rockets are cool, planes are cooler, but anything made by Cupcake is the coolest. I'd post some pictures of Jeb's (and Val's (and Bill's)) escapades, but I'm not really sure how. I guess that's the end of this message, again, I realize the fact that this thread's been dead since march, but the Pterodactyl just flies too well to believe. 

Thanks for the lovely feedback, glad you're getting good use of this design and I hope you enjoy my newer ones as well. :D

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.