[1.12.x] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, SilverlightPony said:

@linuxgurugamer FYI, both KEI and Toolbar Controller aren't updating via CKAN.  KEI shows 1.2.6 as available, but CKAN won't update it past 1.2.3; TC shows latest version as 1.3.1.

One of these being out-of-date is probably why the KEI window pops up every time I change scenes go to the astronaut complex or R&D complex at the KSC and can't be closed until I go back to the KSC-overview scene where I can close it with the toolbar button.

What version of KSP are you running?  The new versions of KEI and ToolbarController are only for KSP 1.3.1

7 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

@linuxgurugamer FYI, both KEI and Toolbar Controller aren't updating via CKAN.  KEI shows 1.2.6 as available, but CKAN won't update it past 1.2.3; TC shows latest version as 1.3.1.

One of these being out-of-date is probably why the KEI window pops up every time I change scenes go to the astronaut complex or R&D complex at the KSC and can't be closed until I go back to the KSC-overview scene where I can close it with the toolbar button.

Got the same problem. CKAN says that KEI 1.2.6 and Toolbar Controller 0.1.3.1 are installed though. This is on KSP 1.3.1.

I just check with CKAN, it was able to successfully update both KEI and ToolbarController to the current version.

Please try the following:

1. Make sure you are running the latest released version of CKAN (1.22.6)
  2. Exit and restart CKAN
  3. Refresh

Then see if CKAN has the latest version listed.

1 hour ago, Torih said:

Also getting the issue with the window opening when you goto r&d etc.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  But please get both mods fully updated and check again.

I just tested, and am not seeing that behaviour

It's fixed now you've pushed the update for toolbar controllers thanks.

I was referring to an earlier post, when you open some scenes like the R&D the kei window would open and not let you close it. But its sorted now.

32 minutes ago, Torih said:

It's fixed now you've pushed the update for toolbar controllers thanks.

I was referring to an earlier post, when you open some scenes like the R&D the kei window would open and not let you close it. But its sorted now.

Great, thanks for letting me know.

I assume that CKAN updated things for you properly?

32 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

@linuxgurugamer TC now updated to 0.1.3.4, but KEI itself still shows "installed: 1.2.3; latest: 1.2.6" but no "update" checkbox.  KSP 1.3.1, CKAN 1.22.6, just refreshed.

What version of KSP are you running?

Sorry, just reread

I have no idea, you can try to remove KEI and then reinstall KEI

Beyond that, post in the CKAN thread

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer The KEI button on the stock toolbar multiplies when entering / exiting VAB / SPH / Tracking station. No other facilities cause the multiplication. KEI 1.2.6, Toolbar 1.7.16.5, Toolbar Controller 0.1.3.4 and KSP 1.3.1 with CKAN v1.24.0. No other mods were installed.

output_log.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovVyXnO4FpxR65tuoX9HKC1Kb4jp0Vrn/view?usp=sharing

Example: https://gfycat.com/SilentEqualKangaroo

If you need more info just let me know.

Edit: I was using the KEI button on Blizzy's toolbar.

Edited by magnun338
Missing info

• 2 months later...

This Mod can generate a huge amount of science, depending on what science mods you have. I think most of the 2000+ science I got was from the Kraken Science experiments I had accessible. That really is huge in a Science game, maybe less significant in full Career modes where cash seems to be the big constraint.

I've used the Kerbin Rover mod in the past to do Science collection close to the KSC, but I hadn't been using Kraken Science. It gave me 200 science from an early-game Mun orbiter mission I did before v1.4 came out, 

I'm not that bothered, the local-to-KSC science is going to add up, even in a stock game. I'm OK with using MechJeb, for instance, I play more as Mission Control than as the actual pilot. And I reckon it would be less dramatic if I had used this right from the start.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:38 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Huh? Didn't see this before, but what is about

The OP has a bunch of exaclty the same words in it and then ...

Is this kinda [x] Science! - integration - special ? Or is it ALSO the normal Part Commander as used to be?

No idea what you are talking about.  The OP on both of them are very different

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The OP on both of them are very different

Hmm.

KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute:

@RealGecko has left the modding scene, and turned this over to me, original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143433-ksp-1

Notice

This is a continuation of the older mod Part Commander:

Tired of playing "sniper" trying to access a part's right-click menu while hurtling through space? Ever wish you could access those options while in IVA or Map View? Don't feel like setting up action groups for everything? Then Part Commander is for you! Part Commander consolidates all the right-click menus from parts on the active vessel into a single interface (with the optional ability to "pop off" selected parts into their own windows if you wish).

Part Commander Continued:

Tired of playing "sniper" trying to access a part's right-click menu while hurtling through space? Ever wish you could access those options while in IVA or Map View? Don't feel like setting up action groups for everything? Then Part Commander is for you! Part Commander consolidates all the right-click menus from parts on the active vessel into a single interface (with the optional ability to "pop off" selected parts into their own windows if you wish).

This looks at least 70% similar to me.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute:

@RealGecko has left the modding scene, and turned this over to me, original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143433-ksp-1

Notice

Oh, I see.  It's been fixed, was a bad copy/paste

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, rulerofdabacon said:

Issue with KEI. When clicking the button, it does nothing at all. Pastebin here: https://pastebin.com/LywANkUS

I only copied the relevant bits, for ease of reading. In my own opinion, it's likely related to me using Kerbalism's "none" profile, though I've no idea why that would be an issue.

Thank you for your time.

I dont support Kerbalism. Sorry

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer I'm reaching out to you on behalf of Angel-125. His mod:

Has added 2 experiments that KEI is recognizing and giving science points when it shouldn't, and he was wanting to see if KEI could be modified to exclude these experiments so credit isn't being given for conducting these experiments around the KSC. The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment. He tried patching things on his end so that KEI wouldn't see the experiments, but was not successful. I know you're busy maintaining a great many mods, and who knows whatever else, so if you don't have time to do this, I'll understand, just bringing this to you for Angel-125. Thank you for your time.

3 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm reaching out to you on behalf of Angel-125. His mod:

Has added 2 experiments that KEI is recognizing and giving science points when it shouldn't, and he was wanting to see if KEI could be modified to exclude these experiments so credit isn't being given for conducting these experiments around the KSC. The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment. He tried patching things on his end so that KEI wouldn't see the experiments, but was not successful. I know you're busy maintaining a great many mods, and who knows whatever else, so if you don't have time to do this, I'll understand, just bringing this to you for Angel-125. Thank you for your time.

I'll reach out to him

New release, 1.2.9:

• Removed code which read excluded manufacturers from text file
  • Removed code which read excluded experiments from text file
  • Added code to read excluded manufacturers from cfg file
    • (code was already there to read experiments from cfg file)
  • Updated code to use latest ToolbarController
  • Removed settings page since it only was there for the Blizzy Toolbar, now handled by ToolbarController
  • Added dependency checking

Be sure to make sure you are using the latest version of the ToolbarController

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.