Seriouly, have you debug the Enhanced Edition ?

So, just after playing for 4 hours yesterday on xbox (first day of release) i can’t really count all the bug i had.
I seriously doubt that your team have debug this game.

- Save corrupted when entering the tracking station : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlmXVgcvtI
Restart the console doesn’t do anything, you have to reboot it to be able to play again.

ON PS4 too :

- Juts happened to me : i entered the tracking station to see a survey target. Returning to the launch pad, i was
unable to launch my rocket (all the button didn’t work and the camera didn’t move too)
So, I decided to return to the space enter. Once here, nothing work (all the button didn’t work and the camera didn’t move too)
I had to relaunch the game….

- Here is a thread on reddit which begins to enumerate others bugs  only 24 hours after it's realease.

Edited by Chic_Planet

Thanks for posting this, our team is now aware of these issues.

Regarding the corrupt saves when entering the TS - it seems that restarting the game may fix the issue and that no data is lost in the process.

We are having trouble reproducing this bug, so it would be incredibly helpful to get some reliable reproduction steps if you are able to help us out by providing more information.

We want to assure you that we are looking into the problem and will update you if we learn more about the issue.

5 hours ago, RIPPASNAPPAS said:

I keep getting stuck at the Tracking station. I can't fly any craft, and I can't even go back to the space center. It forces me to quit back to home screen. It doesn't delete my save but any thing done before I went into the Tracking station is gone. I'm on Xbox one. 

Can you get into the Pause menu at all? Does it give you any messages?

7 hours ago, RIPPASNAPPAS said:

Ya I can get into the pause menu but it just shows up, no option I click on works, and I also ran into another bug which I have read about today. For some reason your left input goes dead no matter orientation, only option is to save and reboot game 

This sounds horribly familiar, the "no target" bug on the old port did exactly that, essentially you get trapped wherever you happen to be and have to exit the game and restart it, or reboot the console

Here are 3 more bugs that happened to me in my 3 hours session.
Xbox one. Radial Preset.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70K3YlroEg
This happen immediatly after leaving the VAB.
My camera can't move at all, B don't engage the SAS,all the others button don' do nothing, "Start" don' work anymore. Only the cursor work.
At 41sec, when you see the menu appear it's not because i push the start button, it's because i push the xbox guide on my controller !
That made appear the KSP menu and... it fix the bug ! (as you can see at 50sec, i can engage SAS without the cursor by pusshing b button. Camera was good too (but you can't see it in the video)

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6Y4TIjyKM
I'am a the ground, trying to recover some science. I push X button 10-20 times, nothing happen.
At 32sec, it finaly work. Just after observing the mistery goo, at 37 sec, im' actually trying to close the window of the mistery goo but it doesn't work
Maybe it's related to the very low FPS of the navball (15 sec) : the game seem to record the action of pushing the button but it happen years after.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmxcZXTFEI
Don't know if it's a bug and maybe i am missing something but is simetry wheels supposed to work ?

Edit : sorry, it's not a bug. My bad. someone reply to me for the symmetry wheels :
« Hold y and select your symmetry using that menu it is a lot easier IMO... There is radial symmetry and mirrored symmetry. You are using radial... You need to be using mirrored »
Suggestion for improvement : Maybe, for the wheels, the default symmetry have to be mirrored symmetry (i think it was the case in the old version) :wink:

Edited by Chic_Planet

At least its nice to know the year long wait for this was worthwhile and the game has been extensively tested and all the obvious bugs removed...

I mean I expected bugs, its software, but not stuff the player base would discover in a day or two, stuff that took multiple hundred hours or seriously oversized craft etc to trigger - basic stuff like the throttle control fine adjustment and trim adjustment being on the same flipping controls making setting trim and leaving craft uncontrollable when trying to set the thrust, I mean come on, did the testing involve actually playing the game? or was this just "unit tests"?

On 17/01/2018 at 11:23 PM, RIPPASNAPPAS said:

I keep getting stuck at the Tracking station. I can't fly any craft, and I can't even go back to the space center. It forces me to quit back to home screen. It doesn't delete my save but any thing done before I went into the Tracking station is gone. I'm on Xbox one. 

I have this problem with Missions in exactly the same way I did with KSP Broken Edition. It always happens when I get a contract to modify an existing base. I can neither accept nor decline the specially named contract ("modify Your Station"), and I can't exit the building.

Edited by Slugfly

I absolutely love KSP and have been waiting 2 years for this fix/update/whatever and put about 12 hours into my new career sence its re-release and just got this message when i went to load my game (Unable to load save MZRNCYBDSTD7ETLHWYY2ZVEVSG) has this happened to anyone else and or can someone please help!

1 hour ago, darax said:

I've hit the control lock as well, I have a feeling there's some sort of state lock, maybe the autosave or some other periodic event interacts poorly with some user initiated event, like switching vehicles. 

it feels like some sort of race condition, the GUI thread and the actual game thread conflicting and the GUI partly locking up - this is actually a very easy mess to get into if you are not specifically writing code to defend against it - and those defences can slow things down a bit.

I'm wondering given the issues seen now and the issues seen in the last port are similar in some areas if the problem is in the way the game is using the Unity engine on the consoles?

This happened to me twice.
Xbox / radial Preset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEAO_TxPkk
When entering a new name to a quick save (here : ok sat) : camera don’t work anymore, Start menu don’t work.
Quit the game to the main menu of KSP don't do nothing.
Quit the game and restart the game from the xbox one dashboard fix the bug.

59 minutes ago, Agarwel said:

Im just curious how long will it take until we hear from Squad about future plans regarding patches? Last time they took 1,5year of silence :-/

Pretty sure that Squad will give a statement about the current condition of console edition in the next weekly 

1 hour ago, PrvDancer85 said:

Pretty sure that Squad will give a statement about the current condition of console edition in the next weekly 

Yes. The question is if they provide more info than default PR answer: "We received reports of enexpected bugs and we wokring on fixing them. Thank you for your support."

PS4, enhanced edition, Getting stuck at the tracking station. Here's how I managed to get stuck.

I launched one of the contract satellites successfully, and my first stage was left in a highly eccentric orbit. The periapsis of that stage was as low as 42000 m, this is a sub orbital trajectory so no worries.

But it persisted to remain in orbit after several atmosphere encounters. So I went to the tracking station, selected it, and "flew/rode it in". It had no fuel, no batteries and no probe core... once it finally crashed, and nothing was left, I was stuck.

Had to restart the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.