The Ultimate Challenge

42 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the flybys have to be performed in the order stated in the contract.

No. In any order.

Maybe, Eeloo - (Moho - Eve/Gilly - Duna/Ike - Dres) with apocenter around Eeloo - Jool sys. - Kerbin sys.

Edited by Marschig

6 hours ago, Marschig said:

No. In any order.

Maybe, Eeloo - (Moho - Eve/Gilly - Duna/Ike - Dres) with apocenter around Eeloo - Jool sys. - Kerbin sys.

yea, in any order except the last crash course.
ty for the tip "start from eeloo", I think I will save a lot of fuel, but don't I waste a lot of time with large orbits?
I'd like to find a compromise between carried fuel and time...
maybe eeloo, jool sys, dres, (Moho - Eve/Gilly - Duna/Ike) with apo on dres - kerbin...?

Edited by antipro

The good thing about hitting Eeloo first is, you can use it as setup to get down to Moho and probably save fuel overall.  I don't think there's going to be much compromise ... and thinking about it, Jool first might be better.  Given all the moons there, you're going to have to CAPTURE, and that's going to be easiest to set up coming direct from Kerbin.

1 hour ago, Spricigo said:

I'd start with Eve-Moho-Eve.

I second this.  While there is something to be said for boosting to Eeloo first and then setting up a bi-elliptical transfer to Moho, in the interests of time, tedium, and overall fuel savings, you're better off taking Eve-Moho-Eve first.  Also remember that transfer windows are least frequent between planets that are next to one another in their orbits; it may make more sense to skip around the system a bit.

guys, I've almost completed it.
I've no fuel and i'm here:

Screenshot 2018-01-22 19.17.12.png

as I do not want redo 40y of mission, the question is: if I build another ship in order to capture the pod and land it on kerbin, the contract will be completed anyway?

9 hours ago, antipro said:

I've no fuel and i'm here:

Get out and push. :cool:

You should be fine as long as 1)at least a single part was in all the situations 2)Your 'vessel'  is stil "new".  (When to crafts dock together the resulting craft  get the same 'age' as the older one. That is how old the two crafts will be considered after undocking again).

Whatever you do, save first.

Edited by Spricigo

1 hour ago, antipro said:

if I build another ship in order to capture the pod and land it on kerbin, the contract will be completed anyway?

Yes.

For these missions, just get a command module (a probe core would do) into all required situations. It doesn't matter how it's moved or if it's docked to different vessels along the way or anything. Just get your pod home and all will be fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.