How can we use a Quick Load inside a mission?

23 minutes ago, Monkey-CH said:

How can we do a Quick Load in this new game version? If I'm in a mission it does autosave, but I'm not able to load such an auto save, as I cant find it anywhere?

Xbox One X
Cursor control schema

You can't quick load an autosave. 

Assuming that it works in the same way as PC, you can make quick saves while in flight, and then later you can quick load that quick save you made..

What?! In the old version we were able to load a autosave game inside a mission to go back if something goes wrong wit the actual mission. In this new version I have no idea how to load such an autosave to go back to the last autosave. I cant find any autosaves on the load command.

Edited by Monkey-CH

3 minutes ago, Monkey-CH said:

What?! In the old version we were able to load a autosave game inside a mission to go back if something goes wrong wit the actual mission. In this new version I have o idea how to load such an autosave to go back to the last autosave.

When you go to the load game screen, the auto save file is the one named "persistent".

Edited by OrganizedChaos

I don't think so as it loads into the main screen where we can select the buildings. After loading this file we are not in the actual mission point where the autosave was saved. This file seems the one before we launched the actual flight.

Edited by Monkey-CH

You have to go to tracking station to get back to your ship. Also it depends where it last saved,  sometimes if you wait to long, like after a crash the auto save will not go back prior to the crash (I think it auto saves after the crash).  In those case you need to make sure you quicksave yourself to ensure you can go back before the crash.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

Maybe i’m wrong as i ‘ve never use a quickload in the space so far.
But, while in game , press Enter and choose save.
With X you can edit the name of your save.
Then load the save with the name you put it on.
This works when your are in KSP space center.
This doesn’t work in space ?

In the old verson we wetre able to quick load and quick save while we are on a flight. This is missing now. We can do a normal save, but we get not to the same place when we reload that game. Instead we are at de building screen. In a stressfull situation this will need much time to go back to our flying vessel and this is very annoying!!!

In the old version we were at exact the same place in the flying screen on loading a quick save as we did the quick save an there was no need to switch to the tracking station to go to our vessel. This is by far the worst change in this new version.

I'm not sure what I'm doing different than you, but I have saved the game while in space in flight, messed up my reentry, loaded my quicksave and was right back where I saved at my ship.  I've also done it while flying a plane.  Saved it before landing, messed up, reloaded and was right back in my plane where I saved it.

Yeah I had this issue with old port aswell. 

When you hit load , as you say it does not load you back to the ship, it puts you back to the space centre. And i assume you are then having to go to tracking station and select vessel which again, as you say, be very stressful if just about to land etc

It' a bit weird how it works but when it pops you back to space centre, do not go tracking station, simply load that quicksave/named save again and it will then load you back the the vessel.

Hope this helps. It certainly worked on old port. (Don't think it's a bug/old/new port related just a wierd quirk of the game save system)

Edited by mikey117

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.