Is there a way to download kerbalizer?

2 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Do kerbalized characters even still work in new versions of KSP?

Did they ever work in KSP? I was under the impression that Kerbalizer was just a fun add-on purchase with no gameplay integration. I never looked into it in depth so I might be mistaken, but I always thought it was a missed opportunity for a small paid DLC that would let you customize your in-game astronauts.I suspect that was kind of the idea behind it but that there was always more important main game things to worry about finishing.

6 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Do kerbalized characters even still work in new versions of KSP?

4 hours ago, Mako said:

Did they ever work in KSP? I was under the impression that Kerbalizer was just a fun add-on purchase with no gameplay integration. I never looked into it in depth so I might be mistaken, but I always thought it was a missed opportunity for a small paid DLC that would let you customize your in-game astronauts.I suspect that was kind of the idea behind it but that there was always more important main game things to worry about finishing.

53 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

I think it was just a fun thing that lets you make custom kerbals.

It never worked. They said they were working on it, but it was canned.

I mean, that would be nice if they brought it back with customization(or maybe keep it as a separate program so people without KSP can still enjoy it) I mean, they integrated asteroid day, a future integration of Kerbalizer 2.0(Or maybe even Kerbin Cup, hint hint wink wink) would be cool.

But. That's not what this is about.

This is about a KSP fan who plays KSP on his 8.5 GB Windows 10, and has a 2 GB Windows XP he just can't seem to let go of that's perfectly capable of running kerbalizer, the fun tool to mess around with, and have some laughs. Or maybe if your really hardcore, use for thumbnails, 3D models, maybe even mod it. Mostly thumbnails for me. Although I bet Mark would love a pink haired kerbal.

And I just want to play it. The pro version specifically.

After a bit of googling around I found this from a few years ago:

On 5/10/2016 at 7:20 AM, sal_vager said:

The Kerbalizer is dead until Unity Technologies fix their web player, the price on the Squad store is $0 and there is a warning right there on the page.

Due to the tools used to visualize Kerbalizer being discontinued we will no longer be selling the app in our website.

Please contact Paypal for a refund for the Paypal administration fee.

So I guess that it's been dead since then? The only other discussion about it was found here:

If you really want it that badly, there is apparently an android app that works, but with highly outdated scenery.

3 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

After a bit of googling around I found this from a few years ago:

So I guess that it's been dead since then? The only other discussion about it was found here:

If you really want it that badly, there is apparently an android app that works, but with highly outdated scenery.

You think I didn't know all this already :wink:

I really wish the wiki page for it had more info on dates n such though.

I just want the full version. No missing scenery, No missing models. 

This was a PC game from 4 years back, not a floppy disc game from 40 years ago or a spongebob XBLA that was delisted and up ruined your hopes and dreams cause you can't get it. Can't be that hard to find

I would think that if you had purchased it when it was available it would still be downloadable in your account. If you have not purchased it when it was available then you're out of luck.

If the free version is still out there you might find that, but as far as I'm aware there is currently no way for you to obtain the paid version and I haven't seen any news of it coming back anytime soon.

It still seems, to me at least, that it would work as a small, inexpensive DLC they could sell. They could even offer it as a limited free version and a more advanced paid version as they originally did. Build in the ability to import Kerbals into KSP at the very least, even if it's all done outside of the game as a standalone product, and I'd guess that it would at least recoup the development cost.

Edit: Ninja'd by Jas0n. I had forgotten that it was Web-based and the specifics of why it was left behind. I still think it'd be a viable paid DLC idea. As someone with next to no 3D modelling experience and only slightly more than basic programming experience, perhaps I underestimate the amount of work needed to put something like this together. Perhaps it's a non-trivial product to develop.

Edited by Mako
Ninja'd by Jas0n who did some good homework

12 minutes ago, Child of a Minion said:

Blasted buracreacy! 

Tasteless Tech!

Obscene Obsolescence!

No matter. I shall obtain it in other ways then.

Anything else I should know?

No, but I want to know if you're Captain Haddock! :D

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

As for the topic, I don't think Kerbalizer is a thing anymore. :(

Or maybe I'm wrong? This is on the Google Play store, from the makers of KSP:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SQUAD.TheKerbalizer&hl=en

Well, that app was last updated in 2013, so I don't really think it's a thing anymore.

47 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Oh, well, that's ...  good?  I guess.  If it never actually worked, I no longer care if it's gone.

2 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Well, that app was last updated in 2013, so I don't really think it's a thing anymore.

2 hours ago, Jas0n said:

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

abXweXb.png

As for the topic, I don't think Kerbalizer is a thing anymore. :(

Or maybe I'm wrong? This is on the Google Play store, from the makers of KSP:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SQUAD.TheKerbalizer&hl=en

I knew it wasn't a thing anymore.........

also it,worked at one point. Unity web player was abandoned, BUT MY OLD COMPUTER HAS IT.

Listen please

14 minutes ago, Child of a Minion said:

also it,worked at one point. Unity web player was abandoned, BUT MY OLD COMPUTER HAS IT.

Listen please

On 1/18/2018 at 8:09 AM, Child of a Minion said:

I have an old computer I use to play roller coaster tycoon that can run that

Not the same thing.  You didn't specify that you had the player.

But it's moot.  It was pulled, and getting snippy at people who have no power to bring it back for not knowing something that you didn't say isn't the answer.  There's nothing wrong with requesting its return or to find some way to get your hands on an old version, but you're not entitled to it.  You asked a question, and the other members here gave you an answer.  I'm sorry it's not the one you're wanting.

You're essentially walking into Best Buy and screaming at another customer because they no longer carry disc copies of the aforementioned Roller Coaster Tycoon, and they should because you still use an old computer that can run it.

4 hours ago, Child of a Minion said:

I knew it wasn't a thing anymore.........

Listen please

The issue now is that it was web-based, required an account, and the full version required a purchase. If Squad is no longer providing access to the web-based software I don't see any way for you to access it.

It's not a question of your computer still having an old plug-in, it's a matter of the content no longer being accessible online and likely not being archived by someone other than Squad since it was never a downloadable product. It looks like the only version that is still accessible is the one on the Google App Store that others have pointed you to.

This is the nature of cloud-based software -- when the publisher no longer provides access to the software you no longer can use it.

7 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Not the same thing.  You didn't specify that you had the player.

But it's moot.  It was pulled, and getting snippy at people who have no power to bring it back for not knowing something that you didn't say isn't the answer.  There's nothing wrong with requesting its return or to find some way to get your hands on an old version, but you're not entitled to it.  You asked a question, and the other members here gave you an answer.  I'm sorry it's not the one you're wanting.

You're essentially walking into Best Buy and screaming at another customer because they no longer carry disc copies of the aforementioned Roller Coaster Tycoon, and they should because you still use an old computer that can run it.

First off, sorry.

Second off, the thing I was saying was wrong was the statement "it never worked" which is incorrect, it did at one point

Just now, Child of a Minion said:

First off, sorry.

Second off, the thing I was saying was wrong was the statement "it never worked" which is incorrect, it did at one point

Understood, not what I'd gotten from context.  Thank you for clarifying.

2 hours ago, Mako said:

The issue now is that it was web-based, required an account, and the full version required a purchase. If Squad is no longer providing access to the web-based software I don't see any way for you to access it.

It's not a question of your computer still having an old plug-in, it's a matter of the content no longer being accessible online and likely not being archived by someone other than Squad since it was never a downloadable product. It looks like the only version that is still accessible is the one on the Google App Store that others have pointed you to.

This is the nature of cloud-based software -- when the publisher no longer provides access to the software you no longer can use it.

I know that very well my friend.

its like this, you've spent years forming a collection of games, perhaps based on something you like. Then you find out one is on XBLA arcade and it was DELISTED AND YOU WILL NEVER FINISH IT AND NOCONE ELSE BOUGHT IT CAUSE IT WASNT POPULAR SO NO ONE CAN SELL YOU AN ACCOUNT AND ARHRHRHH.

Sorry sorry..... Personal stuff.

Yes, I get your point. And yes, this hits close to home for me.

But this was a PC thing, those are WAAAAAYYY harder to lose forever then an XBLA game about underpants.

Based on KSP no less.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

Understood, not what I'd gotten from context.  Thank you for clarifying.

Your welcome my friend.

BTW my name is because a friend of mine joked Kerbals look like Minions fused with Rabids, then dyed green and gIven rockets to splode.

1 hour ago, Child of a Minion said:

But this was a PC thing, those are WAAAAAYYY harder to lose forever then an XBLA game about underpants.

Sure. It probably exists in Squad's possession archived somewhere. But perhaps not. The folks who programmed it and eventually pulled it have not been with Squad for quite some time and there's no way of knowing if it's been preserved. And I strongly doubt it's been preserved outside of Squad since it was never a downloadable piece of software.

If you're still interested in seeking it out, I very sincerely wish you good luck. My intention has never been to kill your hopes, but rather I want to provide reasonable expectations. I think it's reasonable to expect that Kerbalizer is gone until such a time as Squad, or more likely at this point Take-Two, wants to bring it back.

Edited by Mako

This is the kind of thing you’d imagine TakeTwo Interactive would be all over.  This, and plushies or shapeways figuries etc.  I wonder whats taking them so long to capitalize on their purchase of KSP.  

2 hours ago, Mako said:

Sure. It probably exists in Squad's possession archived somewhere. But perhaps not. The folks who programmed it and eventually pulled it have not been with Squad for quite some time and there's no way of knowing if it's been preserved. And I strongly doubt it's been preserved outside of Squad since it was never a downloadable piece of software.

If you're still interested in seeking it out, I very sincerely wish you good luck. My intention has never been to kill your hopes, but rather I want to provide reasonable expectations. I think it's reasonable to expect that Kerbalizer is gone until such a time as Squad, or more likely at this point Take-Two, wants to bring it back.

Da. I understand.

That all hits very personally. I used to be on SpongeBuddy mania.... Went by a few different names, bbbb, gggg, Piston Patrick, Ghost Pirate, Slam Lord BBBB.... I was looking for Unde......... You know, if you want to know about it research it yourself.

The point is, the worlds not gonna end if I can't use Kerbalizer. It's just I really wanted to use it for my thumbnail creation.

Not to mention I find it hard to believe no one archived it. 

Even then, if squad kept a copy perhaps they shall share it. If so I could very easily convert the web based thing into a downloadable file, several old flash games have been preserved that way.

Its all very confusing. The world needs more struts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.