Is there a way to download kerbalizer?

2 hours ago, Child of a Minion said:

Not to mention I find it hard to believe no one archived it. 

Even then, if squad kept a copy perhaps they shall share it. If so I could very easily convert the web based thing into a downloadable file, several old flash games have been preserved that way.

I'm not sure it was ever able to be archived outside of Squad. I don't know anything about how the Unity Web Player worked, but there is every possibility that it was very different from Flash and actually could not be downloaded for offline use.

And at this point, even if Squad does have the old code for it lying around somewhere, I doubt they can do anything with it without Take-Two's approval. That being said, I have to agree with @klesh in thinking that I would have expected to see Take-Two take more interest in merchandise and small add-on purchases like this. Maybe they just don't want to go through the trouble for a niche product, but that begs the question of why they bought the IP...

8 hours ago, Mako said:

I'm not sure it was ever able to be archived outside of Squad. I don't know anything about how the Unity Web Player worked, but there is every possibility that it was very different from Flash and actually could not be downloaded for offline use.

And at this point, even if Squad does have the old code for it lying around somewhere, I doubt they can do anything with it without Take-Two's approval. That being said, I have to agree with @klesh in thinking that I would have expected to see Take-Two take more interest in merchandise and small add-on purchases like this. Maybe they just don't want to go through the trouble for a niche product, but that begs the question of why they bought the IP...

I don't mind them not touching it much. Keep Kerbals kerbally.

Still, there are some ideas of mine I'd love integrated.

1. Kerbin Cup into stock

2. A new planet. Either Saturn or Ice Giant. The issue is unlike Jupiter who has 4 notable moons(Pol is the only one not based on a g moon) Saturn only has one notable moon, as does Neptune. Uranus has no notable moons. No mooning of Uranus. So if they did Saturn they could maybe move dres ring to it, or they could give it small moon. (Though after Pol, Minmus, and Gilly there isn't much left for small moons) If they did Neptune maybe they could also use a silly name and sideways spin from Uranus.

3. A proper fully functional asteroid belt. Not the halfway deformed thing around Dres. Give us those former planets in a Set(Pallas, Vesta, something else I forgot, and dres) and some larger asteroid types. Give the magic Boulder a part to play. I dunno.

4. A two Kerbal command pod. Very simple, so simple in fact that I think it could be added I between major updates like radiators were. Style it after Gemini though, Voskhod was basically identical to Vostok exterior wise. Though I have to admit an American bias seems to exist with capsules and probes. Mercury, Apollo, Space Shuttle, Moon Lander Can! Even the thing most think is a Sputnik analogue isn't. It's name is "Stayputik" that's no Sputnik. It's Flopnik, Kaputnik, Stayputnik,  VANGUARD!!! Maybe change the 1 Kerbal pod to a Vostok type thing 

5. Give the Sun a new name, stop stealing from us. Unlike most people I don't really like Kerbol. I'm more of a Keelios kind of guy. #Keelios #NotKerbol #AHHHMYEYES

6. A Charon analogue. Give the "Moon"(It's not a moon in anything but name. Dat centre of gravity though) an analogue.

7. More last names. Kerman, Kerbal, Kermon, Kermun, Kermin, Karman, Kerbol, Kerm.

8. Allow one of administration buildings abilities be to draft the one of the 4 supervisor guys as temporary astronauts(the four guys in the screen) They are basically normal astronauts(though the guy in the yellow suit wears the yellow suit) but the longer you draft them for the longer you lose access to their set of abilites.

9. Give us some super pressure shielding at the end of the tech tree for landing on jools solid core. Maybe a smaller version that can get you halfway through, and an even smaller version needed for eve.

10. More Kerbal personality and Internal interaction.

45 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

For potential profits from a KSP2 and/or other Kerbal themed games.

Sure, and maybe they don't want to undercut the potential sales of the DLC currently under development by announcing new titles, but so far it seems like money spent for nothing earned. My point was they could offer new merchandise or have another team work on stuff like a new Kerbalizer that works with what exists now to start generating income from their purchase and potentially even promote the console re-launches and upcoming DLC, but they've done nothing visible thus far. It seems like a wasted opportunity, but maybe it was evaluated and determined to be not worth it.

So far they've spent a presumably not insignificant amount of money on KSP while I suspect not earning much. I guess I just would have thought they'd have shown interest in capitalizing on their investment by now. Obviously there could and probably is any number of things going on behind the scenes and my thoughts all stem from my curiousity as to if and what those things might be. I'm just a bit surprised we haven't seen more yet. Take-Two has not been shy about their desire to monetize their property to the fullest.

45 minutes ago, Mako said:

Snip

More than likely, there's plenty going on behind the scenes.  The game industry is all about massive initial spending for the hopes of massive future profits.  Its the cycle of game development.  There's no reason to expect we'll  know what's actually going on anytime soon.

Edited by klgraham1013

@klgraham1013

I completely agree, I'm just surprised there's not more going on in the meantime, regardless of or even in service of future plans. For a company that doesn't want to leave money on the table, it seems to me they're leaving money on the table. But I'm on the outside looking in through heavily tinted windows, so I don't expect I have the clearest big picture. It makes me no less curious though.

On January 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Mako said:

@klgraham1013

I completely agree, I'm just surprised there's not more going on in the meantime, regardless of or even in service of future plans. For a company that doesn't want to leave money on the table, it seems to me they're leaving money on the table. But I'm on the outside looking in through heavily tinted windows, so I don't expect I have the clearest big picture. It makes me no less curious though.

Does anyone happen to know some idiot proof instructions of installing texture replacer?

I simpyk can't fiquire it out.

2.  I was hoping to talk to someone who actually bought the full version of kerbalizer from their website. Payed 2.00$, played the game.

No footage of the full version seems to even exist, it's weird 

12 hours ago, Child of a Minion said:

Does anyone happen to know some idiot proof instructions of installing texture replacer?

I simpyk can't fiquire it out.

The thread for texture replacer might be a better place to ask.  Or "gameplay questions, modded installs".

7 minutes ago, Child of a Minion said:

The link to th idiot proof ones no longer works.

Plus this fourm has already kinda flown off da rails anyway, Ynot? 

BTw know where I can download 0.7.3

The thread with the earliest versions is stickied at the top of this forum.

3 hours ago, Child of a Minion said:

None of those links work dude.

I meant up to date

Well, that's a shame. I'm not aware of any other repositories of those files. You'd figure that those were official links so they'd be maintained, but I guess between all of the old staff leaving Squad and the sale of the IP to Take-Two the links to those versions are no longer important to the powers that be.

Still, if you havent already, it might be worth it to read through that whole thread. If anyone has found anything, or provided new links, my guess would be that the info is in there. If not, the only other thing I can think of is crossing your fingers and using Google.

21 minutes ago, Mako said:

Well, that's a shame. I'm not aware of any other repositories of those files. You'd figure that those were official links so they'd be maintained, but I guess between all of the old staff leaving Squad and the sale of the IP to Take-Two the links to those versions are no longer important to the powers that be.

Still, if you havent already, it might be worth it to read through that whole thread. If anyone has found anything, or provided new links, my guess would be that the info is in there. If not, the only other thing I can think of is crossing your fingers and using Google.

Good, found a guy with every version from 0.6.5 to 0.13.3

22 minutes ago, Mako said:

Still need idiot proof steps for texture replacer.

And info from someone who actually bought the full version of Kerbalizer off the website.

33 minutes ago, Child of a Minion said:

Good, found a guy with every version from 0.6.5 to 0.13.3

Still need idiot proof steps for texture replacer.

And info from someone who actually bought the full version of Kerbalizer off the website.

I would guess steps would be (assuming you're running KSP 1.3.1):

1. Look up TextureReplacerReplaced.

2. Install that.

3. Install the texture pack(s) of your choosing.

I've never used any of the texture replacement mods, so perhaps it's more complicated than that. However, all of the complicated instructions look like they're concerned with making your own textures. If you're trying to do that then I think it falls outside the realm of "idiot proof," but take a look at what other texture packs do and copy that.

As for info from Kerbalizer, your best bet is probably the Android version on the Google Play store. Or:

1. Cross fingers.

2. Go to Google.

3. Search Kerbalizer.

4. Cross fingers again (to be sure).

5. Reach out to people who have talked about it in the past. Social media was built for exactly this kind of thing.

Edited by Mako

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, The Wandering Cosmonaut said:

A two Kerbal command pod. Very simple, so simple in fact that I think it could be added I between major updates like radiators were. Style it after Gemini though, Voskhod was basically identical to Vostok exterior wise. Though I have to admit an American bias seems to exist with capsules and probes. Mercury, Apollo, Space Shuttle, Moon Lander Can!

For voskhod and gemini you need the making history expansion.

Grrr this is a necropost.

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.