Career Mode - Unplayable

Attempted to start a Career mode game.

Gained enough science to unlock a research node, unlocked it, this doesn't "purchase" the parts (correctly), so I try to purchase them.

Within the R&D centre:

1. Select a node

2. Press RB to open the Part List

3. "Hold B: More Info" --> This just closes the window

4. Big green "Purchase" button, there is no way to click this button, unable to purchase parts.

Note the screen shows "Hold B: More info" and also "B Return to Tree" --> return to tree works, but having two mutually exclusive features on the same button?

Especially as "B" seems to otherwise universally (and sensibly) be "Back"

Until this is fixed Career mode is unplayable as there is no way to progress beyond the initial default parts.

Q: how on whatever planet we are meant to be on did this not get caught during basic testing? I Mean seriously, a button on screen with no way to select it? Guessing "Unit testing" only, not actual play testing, so presumably the button would actually work - if only someone had thought to provide a way to press it.

Attempts to correct:

1. Switch to cursor mode: Failed, cursor mode is apparently non-functional within the R&D centre

2. Pressing buttons at random: Failed, nothing appears to select the purchase button, or highlight the "more information" about any part

7 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

You know you can play a career mode where you don't need to purchase the parts, just unlock them with science?  In the options you can disable the need to purchase parts after researching them.

If the controls didn't allow left turns you could still turn right enough to go the same way but I'd not exactly be happy with that either.

Point is this should work and frankly how actual play testing missed it baffles me, would have thought testing of on screen controls wouldn't be something that would be missed. It doesn't inspire confidence that its worth investing time in playing the game, what else doesn't work? and how far will I have gotten before I discover it?

32 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I'm not suggesting that you don't report it or they don't fix it.  You said career mode is unplayable at the moment and I was just providing you with a way to play that you may have been unaware of until that bug is fixed.

Career mode, as its presented, has a feature to require financial investment to unlock progress as well as science - my point is this is unplayable, bugs happen, however this is unplayable due to something that is repeatable and should have been picked up more or less immediately during basic testing.

The result of which is the thought "if something this easy to find is broken, what else is broken?"

18 minutes ago, Xanisselis said:

Just go to settings in your career and turn off purchasing ur parts in R and D, simple.

So the fix for s feature in the game being broken is not to use it.

presumably if you couldn’t turn left “just keep turning right” would be the solution?

as presented the career mode doesn’t work the way it should, simply saying “so don’t play it that way” isn’t a fix

I would love to play kerbals too, but the game doesnt want to play with me. The fact that you cant purchase part isnt a game breaker for me, but the fact that the game doesnt want to save or go back to the space center, and I have to reload a previous save is.

i love the game, but its so frustratingly broken. I have to reload the game three times just to fly to the moon. And hope the game will allow me to return and save the progress.

In the current state I dont enjoy playing the game, I hope there will be a update soon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.