An addition to the names

Hello @SQUAD! I would like to suggest an addition to the names. The name is Karsten. That is my name Irl, and it also fits with the kerbal “k” theme. I would much appreciate that addition, and think it would add a great personal touch to the game. Thanks!

also, my last name starts with a k, too, but sadly it’s not Kerman.

Other than the Big 4 (and I think some easter egg names) all the names in KSP are procedurally generated. I wouldn't be surprised if "Kar" and "sten" are in that list, so it's pretty likely that your name is already in there.

Edited by 5thHorseman

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Other than the Big 4 (and I think some easter egg names) all the names in KSP are procedurally generated. I wouldn't be surprised if "Kar" and "sten" are in that list, so it's pretty likely that your name is already in there.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s in there, but idk...

14 hours ago, Batrachos said:

If you enter the debug menu through alt+f12 you can actually generate kerbals with any first name you desire and set stupidity and courage to your choosing as well.

That’s cool, but I kind of want it to be in the actual game...

51 minutes ago, Spudmeist3r said:

Yeah, I have a feeling @SQUAD is never going to find this.

I hate to say, but they most likely won't. 

Getting your name added to the game is a rare privilege, and the only time I remember them doing it was about a year ago, with something called the Kerbal Chronicles challenge. The winners had their names added. But I don't know if @SQUAD is planning on doing another one. 

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I hate to say, but they most likely won't. 

Getting your name added to the game is a rare privilege, and the only time I remember them doing it was about a year ago, with something called the Kerbal Chronicles challenge. The winners had their names added. But I don't know if @SQUAD is planning on doing another one. 

But then again, look at the names. Most of those folks are no longer active on the forum. I'd rather be active on the forum and have a history of always being a positive influence and contributor than to be just a name on a splash screen which no one remembers...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.