[WIP][1.3.1]KerbinSide 3.2x (looking for testers)

eberkain

I've been working on setting up a modded game for a new playthrough using stock engines and 3.2x rescale.  I ran across the KKtoSD mod that lets you use kerbal konstructs with a rescaled system by making configs.  That's what you have here, a set of configs that let you play KerbinSide with 3.2x Rescale!.

p8II4iL.png

Looking for some people to test and look for floating buildings so I can fix them.  I think I've gotten them all, but there are alot of launch sites and alot of statics.  

The only problem I've encountered is getting spawned below a launch pad, which you can revert and move the vessel up and it will usually work, I'm pretty sure this is a stock issue.  

The basic install to test would be these mods.  

Kopernicus
Sigma Dimensions
Rescale! 3.2
Kerbal Konstructs
KerbinSide
KKtoSD
Environmental Visual Effects
Stock Visual Enhancements

Download from Github  https://github.com/eberkain/KerbinSide32x/releases

Know issues

Probably some floating buildings, its alot of configs and I learned alot during the process of making them.   

Still need configs for the groups that have no launch points. 

THANK YOU TO @Sigma88 Without him helping me figure out problems I would not have made it this far.  

C3ha94q.png

u6xCUjo.png

mmosaUC.png

Edited by eberkain

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to make these configs work with 2.5x-scale Kerbol system with SVT.  Some places seem to have disconnected buildings (Lodnie Isles) or buildings that clip into the ground (Ben Bay).  Those still exist at 3.2x as well.

Tried in vain to correct the issue with buildings being too low around the central office complex at Ben Bay.  Talked to Sigma about it.  We haven't been able to fix it either.  I'm curious if you ever did try to make all of the buildings the same height or fit together or just abandon that yourself?

On 2/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, Nittany Tiger said:

Been trying to make these configs work with 2.5x-scale Kerbol system with SVT.  Some places seem to have disconnected buildings (Lodnie Isles) or buildings that clip into the ground (Ben Bay).  Those still exist at 3.2x as well.

Tried in vain to correct the issue with buildings being too low around the central office complex at Ben Bay.  Talked to Sigma about it.  We haven't been able to fix it either.  I'm curious if you ever did try to make all of the buildings the same height or fit together or just abandon that yourself?

There are some of the groups that I just couldn't make look good because of the relative heights and ended up having to split them up.   Some of the groups I don't think will look good regardless.  I was mainly out to have nothing floating and for all the launch points to work.  

4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Ah, ok, I will give this a shot. Do you have any pointers about starting the process of configuring these mods?

Just install the most recent version of everything.  I ended up dropping SVT from my install for performance reasons.  

• 2 months later...

Hey eberkain, thanks for doing these configs!  I am trying to get a 3.2 scale career going and am finding there is an issue with Kerbal-Konstructs versions later than 1.2.9.6.  The buildings are floating again.  Are you aware of this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.