Tips and Tricks for trans interplanetary injection

Hello back to you Indonesia.

If what you want are ways to plan a transfer between planets then the tool I used for a long time was Alex Moon's Launch Window Planner.

https://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

However if you want something that you can use without leaving the game then this is the addon I use that has the same function.

The above link is really useful.  The other one I use is the Kerbal Alarm Clock mod, it can set an alarm for when you reach a window for the planet you want (I assume you're already aware that the best way to get to another planet it to time it so that when you reach it's orbit, the planet is at your intersect point, same as launching from the surface to intercept something in orbit).

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22809-13x-kerbal-alarm-clock-v3850-may-30/

@BlackWing Pilot:

If you decide to use Alex Moon's planner, note that it gives both date and time of departure and a set of two angles called the phase angle and the ejection angle.  These angles are better understood with a visual:  this is Olex's interplanetary calculator, from which part of Alex Moon's planner is derived.  You'll need both of them to be correct in order to get good transfers.

The phase angle has to do with the relative position of the origin planet and destination planet, and is the reason that transfers can only occur during 'windows'.  If you leave your origin planet outside of the window, then while you will often reach the destination planet's orbit, the destination will not be there when you do.

The ejection angle is related to the fact that you begin your interplanetary trip from an orbit around a gravitational body and so your departure point must move a little to account for the way that gravity can change your flight path on your way out of the origin's sphere of influence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.