Solar panels not providing EC

Hey all,

(Summary - Manual deployment of a solar panel by a Kerbal on EVA resulted in that panel not producing EC)

I am running a modded install and I had a probe in LKO that had become stranded. I forgot to extend solar panels after I made orbit and the generators on my antennas courtesy of the Stock Antenna Balance mod ate all my EC! Of course, this wasn't my first satellite design, and I had a single OX-STAT perfectly positioned in case something like this happened. By "perfectly positioned" I mean positioned in such a way that it got no sunlight at all, and therefore was useless. I also had neglected to switch on my reserve power. However, Valentina, currently on an endurance test for Project Thursday, was in orbit nearby and adjusted her ship's orbit to intercept the probe. She made a daring spacewalk over to the Mango 7 probe, and manually extended one of the solar panels, and returned to her capsule. Yay! Probe saved! Except... when I switched over to the probe, I still had no EC. The solar panel was tracking normally, and it showed full sunlight AND indicated that energy was flowing, but wherever it was going it wasn't into my batteries. I checked the log but didn't see anything obvious. My probe was sitting, in orbit, with a single solar panel tracking the sun, and yet it was still dead.

I checked the save file and compared the extended panel's characteristics with its mirror. They were the same except for the items that related to one panel being extended and the other not. I compared the extended panel to another ship with an extended panel. Same states on both. I gave up, added a little EC to the battery in the save file, reloaded it, and watched my vessel come to life. I noticed the extended panel still did not appear to be accumulating EC. I extended the other panel and it works normally.

Any one with any ideas? I do use NFE / NFS and Dynamic Battery Storage, but those are the only mods I can think of that touch the electrical system. I have the save file and my mod list available, as well as the logs.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Did you restart the client?

Yep. No joy in any scenario except the cheat-y one. Lol For whatever reason, the manually extended solar panel functioned the same as the automatically extended one in every way except for the EC produced didn't go into the battery. Maybe Valentina forgot to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow. :lol:

2 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Yep. No joy in any scenario except the cheat-y one. Lol For whatever reason, the manually extended solar panel functioned the same as the automatically extended one in every way except for the EC produced didn't go into the battery. Maybe Valentina forgot to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow. :lol:

Lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.