Moon lander undocking bug

So I landed on the moon, and in a cargo bay it had something similar to the moonscoot in the scenario Exploring Gilly or something like that. so I undocked, and to my surprise, bill kerman (the pilot of the vehicle that undocked) DIED. The vehicle was gone, and bill was gone. In the F3 menu, it said bill kerman was killed. Nothing said anything about blahblah crashed into the surface. I didn't hear an explosion. just vanished before my eyes. help.

I would read this post and add the requisite information to your post so we can debug. If you're not playing stock, read the similar thread in the modded installation support subforum.

EDIT: The only thing I can guess is that you might have had some serious part clipping going on, and the moment your vessels separated, collision physics kicked back in and exploded something.

Edited by Starman4308

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.