Cannot Recover Vessel Or Go To Space Center Or Save - Help!

I landed Jeb on the Mun and safely landed him back on Kerbal in career mode in the enhanced edition but I cannot save/go to main menu/go to space center/go to tracking station/recover vessel. I tried EVA, going into map, pressing random buttons, turning the throttle on/off, and nothing I've tried seems to work. I also tried re-loading my last save which was Jeb on the Mun about to take off for Kerbal, but same problem every time I land on Kerbal.

Edited by Jeremiah

49 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I landed Jeb on the Mun and safely landed him back on Kerbal in career mode in the enhanced edition but I cannot save/go to main menu/go to space center/go to tracking station/recover vessel. I tried EVA, going into map, pressing random buttons, turning the throttle on/off, and nothing I've tried seems to work. I also tried re-loading my last save which was Jeb on the Mun about to take off for Kerbal, but same problem every time I land on Kerbal.

Had this exact problem under the last edition, used to take a while before is occurred though, seems to happen pretty much right off here

Awesome...

That is exactly the Bug that broke the old xbox version for me.

When you too long in map warping or doing something, the return to ksp button not working, no save possible, sometimes even no more nodes or warping.

Let us hope that this time the game get actually working patches.

4 hours ago, Shadowrunner said:

Awesome...

That is exactly the Bug that broke the old xbox version for me.

When you too long in map warping or doing something, the return to ksp button not working, no save possible, sometimes even no more nodes or warping.

Let us hope that this time the game get actually working patches.

Same here, this bug stopped me bothering with the previous version.

nice to see the “extensive” testing caught such things

#slowhandclap

• 4 weeks later...

Yup - I have this prob some constantly when getting satellites around Minmus orbit or doing anything unmanned for long periods of time. It’s really pretty crappy, and makes career mode extremely frustrating. As a Kerbal n00b, I can spend 30-45 minutes getting into Minmus orbit for a contract only to lose all progress (and science sent back) because I can’t do anything but continue to fly that vessel forever.

Tried:

• Switching to another vessel from the map.

• Going to Space Center or Tracking Station.

• Quicksave and load (but cannot save).

I’m not sure if the trigger is a lot of warping, a lot of time in space, or what - but really this type of thing should be caught by QA. This is on a PS4. I guess I’ll write up a bug if I can’t find one listed - though I hate submitting bugs without a root cause or steps to reproduce.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, Jeremiah said:

I just solved the problem, I put the craft in low orbit of Kerbin and recovered the vessel from orbit. I feel like its cheating though.

That’s great for manned flights you plan to bring back. But for a satellite or probe or other vessel not expected to return... I’m losing science and contracts because recovery isn’t an option and I don’t have enough Δv left to return the whole thing (nor is it designed for atmo).

Same thing happened to me last night. 

Was coming back from a touch and go on the Mun. It seems after time warping for a bit, the bug happens. Saving, returning to tracking center, switching vessel etc. all stop working. I reloaded my save and was able to recreate the issue several times and even loaded it on another Xbox and recreated the same issue.

The only way I could resolve it was to make incremental quick saves at shorter intervals.

Also, has anyone noticed that returning to the space center (or pressing recover in the pause menu) often recovers your ship even mid flight??? Not sure if it was a glitch - I'll have to do some more testing.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an aged thread - however...

tl;dr: Reset trim!

I’m playing on XBox, KSP Enhanced Edition, file v1.0.1.7, and ran into this issue. After finding this thread and not seeing any remediation, I decided to troubleshoot in my scenario to see if I could figure it out. 
I’m running a mining rover on the Mun, and noticed that the option to return to Space Center disappeared while I was out mining. I brought the rig back to the launch platform to recover it, and realized that option was also gone from the altimeter menu. But I also noticed that my trim had been messed up while I was out mining (pink arrows in your yaw/roll/pitch indicators). I reset the trim (LB + LS for XBox), and BOOM! Menu restored and I was able to recover the rig. 

I hope someone finds this useful!

• 1 year later...

I understand that this is an old thread, but I am suddenly experiencing this same problem in version 1.12.0.3140 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us.  I played KSP for some time on my old laptop and never experienced this issue, then I got a new desktop and the first time I play, I run into this problem.  I found a Reddit thread that also discussed this issue and a user recommended de-selecting the "Tidy up debris cluttering KSC"  in the General Settings.  As soon as I de-selected this setting, I was able to recover my craft just fine!

On 6/27/2021 at 6:43 AM, Cpl_Punishment_V22 said:

I understand that this is an old thread, but I am suddenly experiencing this same problem in version 1.12.0.3140 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us.  I played KSP for some time on my old laptop and never experienced this issue, then I got a new desktop and the first time I play, I run into this problem.  I found a Reddit thread that also discussed this issue and a user recommended de-selecting the "Tidy up debris cluttering KSC"  in the General Settings.  As soon as I de-selected this setting, I was able to recover my craft just fine!

I made this account to tell you that I love you buddy.  Thanks for letting us know how you resolved your issue since I have been trying to do so for a week.

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2021 at 9:13 AM, Cpl_Punishment_V22 said:

you saved me thanks a lot 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.